Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
"First, the financial crisis he was hired to fix has only grown worse under his tutelage, losing another 2,000-plus points on the Dow since his ascension.
Fourth, he and some of his high-profile picks have shown a repeated addiction to unforced errors and slights---mixing up names, misplacing dates, dissing Nancy Reagan, dissing the British Prime Minister, dissing the Special Olympics, created and run by John Kennedy’s sister—giving the impression the administration is run by the under-informed and the boorish and socially compromised.
Would Caroline’s father, who took part in his family’s effort to raise his retarded sister as normal, and who as president put great store in his special relationship with “Uncle Harold” McMillan, have found this amusing?
"Victory will steadily deliver the sobering verdict that our troubles won't be solved by a leader's magic."
The "yes we can" screamers will soon feel terrible pain, the pain of having been taken for a ride by someone who told them what they wanted to hear.
For me, this whole Obama episode, from the speeches about "healing the planet" to doing press conferences with a TelePrompter, is something out of The Twilight Zone:
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Sec Clinton will be in Mexico City for a day or two. She is there to show US support for Pres Calderon and the war on the cartels.
So far, so good!
Time will tell whether Mexico succeeds or turns into a failed state. You can read opinions from both sides on this one.
I have always enjoyed reading ENRIQUE KRAUZE. I feel a little better after reading The Mexican Evolution !
He wants everyone to chill out and give Mexico a chance to fix its problems.
OK. Let's do that!
In this blog, we have supported Pres Calderon's war and his overall efforts to reform the Mexican economy.
On the other hand, we can't deny some of the reality south of the border:
My guess is that Mexico can win this war because Pres Calderon looks like a committed man.
We are happy to see that there is a lot of "Bush" in Calderon.
Mexico's current war looks a lot like Iraq in 2006.
What did Pres Bush do after 2006? He committed to victory and things are doing quite well in Iraq today.
Wouldn't the citizens of Cd Juarez love to see some of the peace in Baghdad today?
Mexico can defeat the cartels.
Mexico can not win a trade war with "protectionist" Democrats.
This is why I want Sec Clinton to bring some "truck keys" and reaffirm US support for NAFTA.
How do you show support for Pres Calderon and Mexico?
First, commit yourself to NAFTA and stop pandering to labor unions.
Besides the pandering, most Ohio jobs did not go to Mexico anyway. They moved to Texas and the south. Why? Because we have low taxes and a pro-business climate in all of the states that voted for McCain rather than Obama!
Want to help workers in PA, Ohio and New York?
Don't bash Mexico.
Cut taxes and tell the labor unions to get real!
Second, support Mexico so that it can create enough jobs to keep people at home. This is how you fix the illegal immigration problem. We can't take in every Mexican who can't find work or has given up on his country. They need to stay home and find a job! They need to believe in Mexico again!
Third, we need to stand with reformers, like Pres Calderon. Let's support them so that they can survive the onslaught from demagogues in the left.
Do the protectionist Dems understand this?
We will find out over the next few months!
P.S. The LA Times has a great editorial:
"In a move that defies the North American Free Trade Agreement and hurts U.S. workers, Congress is denying Mexican truckers permission to travel more than a few miles north of the border." ( A roadblock to Mexico)
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
The answer is 30 wins and 400 innings from Kevin Milwood and Vicente Padilla.
Give me that and this team will be competitive in September.
J-J Taylor has some good news:
"There is, however, one caveat that should make you change your mind: Kevin Millwood and Vicente Padilla are in contract years"
Last year, Milwood was hurt and pitched through a lot of pain. Padilla had problems at the end.
The Rangers will hit, play good defense and have some young arms in the system.
In 2009, Milwood and Padilla will be the key to a decent season or another long and boring baseball summer!
Monday, March 23, 2009
What about the national debt? Again, it's scary and I'm not talking about a movie:
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
- ► 2016 (1905)
- ► 2015 (1192)
- ► 2014 (892)
- ► 2013 (833)
- ► 2012 (554)
- ► 2011 (836)
- ► 2010 (845)
- Some words of wisdom from Dr Sowell
- Just in case you didn't think that The NY Times "w...
- 4,257 posts! We passed Pete Rose!
- What happened to all of the love?
- We need to seal the border!
- VP Biden to PM Rod-Zap: Thanks for the troops in I...
- Sec Clinton to Mexico: Who painted your virgin?
- It's spring! So let's go to the Ft Worth Botanic ...
- We support Pres BO in Afghanistan! Will the Dems ...
- "The Great Communicator" and his sense of humor!
- Thurs show: Mexico, the deficits and abortion!
- Blaming Bush for BO's deficits is not working!
- Update on "Hope and change" and the "screamers"
- Dear Mexicans: Don't listen to what they say, watc...
- Dear Sec Clinton: Don't smile and stab Mexico in t...
- Yes, I want Pres BO to fail. Why would I want thi...
- Milwood and Padilla are the key to the 2009 season...
- Your Tuesday morning humor will make you laugh and...
- President Abortion is off and running!
- Are these the same people who used to "preach" abo...
- Gov Perry wants troops on the border and he is rig...
- A very bad week for Pres BO!
- Pres BO and the Dems should "abide by or get out" ...
- Had not heard "Solitaire" in a long time!
- Deficits mean that Pres BO's expansion of governme...
- Did "Hope and change" start a trade war over 97 Me...
- Your weekend marriage counseling videos!
- Pres BO and the Dems love our allies, unless they ...
- 6 years later: The amazing story of Iraq!
- Shouldn't Pres BO tell us about the "expansion" of...
- Dear Pres BO: How is that trade war with Mexico go...
- Thursday's show: Brandi Chambless talks about the ...
- Will Pres BO & Sen Dodd give up their AIG money?
- Dear Pres BO: Listen to Coach K!
- Dear Pres BO: Alexander Hamilton would have read ...
- AIG bonus? Pres BO & Dems need to come clean and ...
- We love it! Mexico gives Pelosi a taste of her ow...
- Mexico has reasons to be very concerned about Pres...
- Speaker Pelosi is out of line with her immigration...
- Remember the stimulus bill?
- What happens when you don't read a bill? You get ...
- Obama White House: Too much Limbaugh rather than s...
- Pres Obama should listen to Gov Romney on the AIG ...
- And you want these guys running health care?
- The Dems show no respect for Mexico and/or NAFTA!
- Team USA got me excited about the WBC!
- A trade war with Mexico?
- When will Pres Obama stop all of the "phony" AIG o...
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Roger Mailhot about US...
- We remember Nat King Cole!
- Did Sec Geithner know about the AIG bonuses?
- Mexico is right about the trucks!
- Why would Raul Castro allow Russian planes to land...
- A word about Ron Silver
- Your Monday night humor: It's funny but it's not r...
- Great to see Reggie Smith, batting coach Team USA
- Go Aggies in The March Madness
- And on the 53rd day, he said that the economy was ...
- President Teleprompter!
- Lula to Obama: Free trade, free trade and free tr...
- Rain and more songs about rain!
- Keep GITMO open!
- Some amazing numbers about the war in Mexico!
- Trust me: We are not the only ones concerned about...
- A word about Mike Modano
- Rain!!! My umbrella and listening to The Cowsills!...
- Thursday's show: A conversation with Brandi Chambl...
- Romney stands out
- Obama broke a campaign promise about "earmarks" an...
- If you are coming to Dallas....bring an umbrella!
- How political is the BO White House?
- Will Pres Obama ever put a team together?
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Allan Wall about Mexic...
- Bring Guy back to Dallas!
- A "Mexico boycott" is a very bad idea (for both of...
- The Twilight Zone: The markets are tanking, Geithn...
- Obama's war on those who pay taxes!
- What's all of this about Pres BO's hair turning wh...
- "Tax the rich" will kill jobs not rich people!
- The Limbaugh Distraction # 3: Where was the outrag...
- Congratulations to ESPN for the Joe DiMaggio tribu...
- The great Limbaugh distraction is all about changi...
- Earth to "yes we can" screamers!
- Gingrich has the right idea
- BO is not ready (and we are not the only ones sayi...
- Pres BO's choice: Help poor black kids or carry th...
- Growing up with John Fogerty & CCR on the radio!
- Obama doesn't have a clue of how difficult this jo...
- Your weekend reading: Krauthammer looks into "hope...
- The Stars really miss Morrow!
- Cheers for Texas A&M baseball!
- Andruw Jones could be a huge addition to the Range...
- Why was Pres Obama so rude to PM Brown?
- Pres BO needs to get over Limbaugh and start gover...
- Are markets scared of Obama?
- Dear Pres BO: Stop pretending!
- Thursday's show: A chat with Rick Moran!
- Get well Barbara Bush!
- We remember Patsy Cline (1932-1963)
- The Obama White House vs a private citizen
- ▼ March (125)
- ► 2008 (1250)
- ► 2007 (1145)
- ► 2006 (1036)
- ► 2005 (393)