It took massive bribes to get 60 votes. Wonder why?
The Washington Examiner has a list of some of the goodies in the bill: Congrats, Democrats. You own Obamacare
"Just how bad is Obamacare?
Here are some of the proposal's most important flaws, as described by one of the proposal's most passionate critics:
- It forces you to pay up to 8 percent of your income to private insurance corporations -- whether you want to or not.
- If you refuse to buy the insurance, you'll have to pay penalties of up to 2 percent of your annual income to the Internal Revenue Service.
- After being forced to pay thousands in premiums for junk insurance, you can still be on the hook for up to $11,900 a year in out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Many of the taxes to pay for the bill start now, but most Americans won't see any benefits -- like an end to discrimination against those with pre-existing conditions -- until 2014 when the program begins.
- It allows insurance companies to charge older people 300 percent more than other customers.
- The cost of medical care will continue to rise, and insurance premiums for a family of four will rise an average of $1,000 a year -- meaning in 10 years, you family's insurance premium will be $10,000 more annually than it is right now.
Care to guess the name of the Obamacare critic who pointed out these and many more flaws in the bill?
Try Jane Hamsher of the very liberal blog, Fire Dog Lake, who called Obamacare "a con job."
Clearly, opposition to Obamacare has grown to span the political spectrum.
Yet these 60 senators couldn't care less.
May the day come soon when all of them have to explain their disdain for their constituents."
How bad was the bill? They had to bribe senators to pass it!
This is my Monday evening roundup on the bill and a few other things: