Saturday, December 05, 2009
What happens when "hope and change" gets drenched with reality?
Like so many in the media, Dana Milbank got caught up in "hope and change"!
Like so many in the media, and elsewhere, he is now wondering why?
Check out Milbank's Obama the mortal!
It won't be the last of the articles re-thinking Obama-mania, and specially the people who got caught up in it!
Let's check some of Milbank's points:
"Some parishioners in the Church of Obama discovered last week that their spiritual leader is a false prophet."
The Church of Obama? I like that!
Let's see more:
"It was bound to happen eventually. Obama had become to his youthful supporters a vessel for all of their liberal hopes.
They saw him as a transformational figure who would end war, save the Earth from global warming, restore the economy -- and still be home for dinner.
They lashed out at anybody who dared to suggest that Obama was just another politician, subject to calculation, expediency and vanity like all the rest."
I like that! I guess that we were right when we called "yes we can-ism" just the latest version of irrational behavior!
There is more:
"In other cases, Obama truly has gone back on campaign vows. Even some of his advisers are disappointed that he has moved so slowly to close the Guantanamo Bay prison.
Civil libertarians are justifiably disappointed with his decision to continue much of the Bush administration secrecy.
Clean-government types are understandably frustrated that Obama vowed that lobbyists "will not get a job in my White House" but now grants waivers so that lobbyists can work in key administration jobs."
And let's not forget Iraq!
Pres BO is implementing Pres Bush's plan in Iraq. (Who would have believed that from the man who came into prominence by calling for a withdrawal of troops from Iraq?)
We appreciate that Milbank has come clean!
And we can assure you that he won't be the last!
Lets' check out Professor Ajami: The Arabs Have Stopped Applauding Obama
We add this from London: Barack Obama dream fades as China visit fails to bring change
We add this from Der Spiegel: Obama's Nice Guy Act Gets Him Nowhere on the World Stage
Soeren Kern has a good question: Is ‘Obamamania’ Waning in Europe?
Kern tells us that the Euros are really worried that Pres BO was too quick to pull those missiles out of Poland! The Euros can't defend themselves!
Or too easily pushed around by the Chinese!
Or, worse than that, just too much of a nice guy in a world where the bad guys in Iran want nuclear bombs!
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio
- ► 2016 (1919)
- ► 2015 (1196)
- ► 2014 (899)
- ► 2013 (838)
- ► 2012 (556)
- ► 2011 (839)
- ► 2010 (846)
- A little humor for your Dec 31st party.......
- Our radio show about Pres Truman!
- Our radio show with Cathie Adams, the Texas GOP ch...
- Our chat with Roger Williams, candidate for the US...
- Our show with Young Republicans at Univ of North T...
- Our show with Fernando Trevino & Danielle Chavez
- Our chat with Rick Johnson of Better Dads
- Dear Pres BO: When are you going to call him a "te...
- Profile terrorists NOT grandmothers!
- Kidding me? Did Pres BO say that the terrorist 'al...
- Are the Norwegian judges, and/or the "yes we can" ...
- WAIT! Didn't they tell me that closing GITMO and a...
- A chat with Rick Moore!
- Our chat with Monte E. Kuligowski about the KSM tr...
- Our radio show with Humberto Fontova
- A chat with Clifford of Another Black Conservative...
- Let's talk with Kelvin Martin of Project 21
- Every Cowboys victory over Washington is pay-back ...
- Cowboys "peaking" at the right time?
- System worked? Is Sec Napolitano serious?
- Pres BO's silence about Iran is shameful!
- Romney in 2012!
- 2009 memories: The Texas vs Texas A&M game!
- The Nobel Peace Prize was the silliest story of 20...
- We congratulate Bill Katz and URGENT AGENDA for gr...
- BO's voters have had a rather confusing year!
- 2009 and the passing of Mary Travers
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- How is that "Global Contingency Operation" going?
- The Dems and the public are going in opposite dire...
- The Dems were all for closing GITMO until they won...
- The Dallas Tea Party: July 4, 2009
- Our chat with Tito the builder last October
- Dr. Biscet: one of my favorite shows from 2009
- We got snow in Dallas, TX!
- Merry Christmas!
- How can Pres BO move to the center without blowing...
- Are you ready for the House Dems vs Senate Dems?
- Merry Christmas: My "Dear Santa" letter!
- The Dems, insurance companies and lots of hypocris...
- A very busy Wednesday morning before Christmas!
- How can Pres BO stand by and watch this?
- Merry Christmas from Texas!
- Let's talk about Mexico with Patrick Corcoran
- Wanted (again): A Dem who will stand up and do a "...
- "Obama-mania" is over.....and there are lots of br...
- Let us all move and retire in Nebraska!
- What's in this bill?
- The Dems are just talkers on climate change!
- An early morning vote for what?
- Happy # 60 to Robin Gibb
- A chat with John O'Donnell Rosales
- Memo to a Dem Senator: This is a "profile in coura...
- Who is mad with BO?
- The Cowboys win the biggest December game in years...
- A great holiday song from the Jackson 5!
- Still one of my favorite pop Christmas songs!
- A Copenhagen travesty: They cheered Chavez's anti-...
- Are "carbon credits" the next oil for food program...
- The Bee Gees and more very early hits
- Looking back at The Bee Gees, cont
- A chat with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda
- Happy birthday Keith Richards!
- The left is now at war with Pres BO!
- The Rangers could use Mendoza in 2010
- Dear Pres BO: Stay away from the circus in Copenh...
- Can the Dems make it without Bush around to unite ...
- Good news! New owner and Nolan Ryan is still here...
- Is it the sun? What exactly is causing gobal warmi...
- Tuesday's radio show: The Tuesday morning roundup
- Are you ready for Gitmo, Illinois?
- BO and the banks!
- Dems in disarray (a.k.a. Dems acting like Dems)
- Dear Sen Baucus: Your private life is your private...
- Guess who sang in the church choir?
- The "last minute score" and "'still lose the game"...
- 44% want Pres Bush back? Wonder why?
- Rich Harden may have us saying "Oh Canada" in 2010...
- Dear Pres BO: Stop threatening Iran and start acti...
- What a difference a year and a little BO can make!...
- I like the Rangers' moves!
- $6 million for Mr. Penn? How is this possible?
- Climate change yes, global warming not so sure!
- Pres BO should read Prof Sowell on the flight to C...
- Tuesday night thoughts!
- John Lennon, December 1980
- Copenhagen is a jobs killer!
- Why is Sec Gates, rather than Pres BO, saying this...
- The deficit is out of control AND are these the sa...
- An off-season "wish list" for the Rangers!
- How can a president fight a war like this?
- Dear Pres BO: Cancel the trip or your polls will d...
- Did the Cowboys forget how to tackle?
- A word about The White House social secretary!
- Texas in the BCS title game? Yes but it was scary...
- "Venus": 50 years later and the women still go cra...
- What happens when "hope and change" gets drenched ...
- Is Pres BO afraid of saying something positive abo...
- Did T-Woods really think that he could get away wi...
- The surge worked in Iraq....just look!
- ▼ December (114)
- ► 2008 (1250)
- ► 2007 (1146)
- ► 2006 (1040)
- ► 2005 (394)