Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Did the Dems get the memo about the deficit?
Do you get the feeling that the federal Dems are living in another universe?
"The public is aware of the situation and in poll after poll puts deficit reduction as its No. 1 priority.
So what will the greatest deliberative body in the world — as the U.S. Senate loves to call itself — spend the month of December deliberating about?
The greatest expansion of the federal government’s responsibilities since Lyndon Johnson left the White House 40 years ago.
The best argument against the health-care bill now before the Senate is, simply, that we can’t afford it.
The public increasingly knows that. Why doesn’t the Senate?"
The public gets it.....do the Dems get it? How many seats do they have to lose to get the message?
Here is a little history:
"The reasons given for this enormous deficit are the financial crisis and the recession it caused.
But the last year in which unemployment hit its current level of 10.2 percent, in 1982, the deficit was only 5.5 percent of GDP.
In 1933, when a financial crisis was so severe that the president closed the country’s banks and the stock exchange remained closed for 10 days, the deficit was 4.61 percent of GDP.
Only when the nation was fighting a great war has the deficit hit anything like its current level.
In 1942, the deficit was 11.6 percent of GDP and reached 27.5 percent in 1943.
Beginning in fiscal 1947, the first year of peace, the government began running surpluses (4.6 percent of GDP in 1948)."
Yes, the recession has caused some of the deficits.
However, Pres BO & Dems are also on a spending binge, such as the US$ 787 billion "stimulus"!
Stop spending or many Dems won't be returned in 2010!
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2015 (1228)
- ► 2014 (927)
- ► 2013 (855)
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- A little humor for your Dec 31st party.......
- Our radio show about Pres Truman!
- Our radio show with Cathie Adams, the Texas GOP ch...
- Our chat with Roger Williams, candidate for the US...
- Our show with Young Republicans at Univ of North T...
- Our show with Fernando Trevino & Danielle Chavez
- Our chat with Rick Johnson of Better Dads
- Dear Pres BO: When are you going to call him a "te...
- Profile terrorists NOT grandmothers!
- Kidding me? Did Pres BO say that the terrorist 'al...
- Are the Norwegian judges, and/or the "yes we can" ...
- WAIT! Didn't they tell me that closing GITMO and a...
- A chat with Rick Moore!
- Our chat with Monte E. Kuligowski about the KSM tr...
- Our radio show with Humberto Fontova
- A chat with Clifford of Another Black Conservative...
- Let's talk with Kelvin Martin of Project 21
- Every Cowboys victory over Washington is pay-back ...
- Cowboys "peaking" at the right time?
- System worked? Is Sec Napolitano serious?
- Pres BO's silence about Iran is shameful!
- Romney in 2012!
- 2009 memories: The Texas vs Texas A&M game!
- The Nobel Peace Prize was the silliest story of 20...
- We congratulate Bill Katz and URGENT AGENDA for gr...
- BO's voters have had a rather confusing year!
- 2009 and the passing of Mary Travers
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- How is that "Global Contingency Operation" going?
- The Dems and the public are going in opposite dire...
- The Dems were all for closing GITMO until they won...
- The Dallas Tea Party: July 4, 2009
- Our chat with Tito the builder last October
- Dr. Biscet: one of my favorite shows from 2009
- We got snow in Dallas, TX!
- Merry Christmas!
- Paul McCartney, Christmas 1979 and a great song!
- How can Pres BO move to the center without blowing...
- Are you ready for the House Dems vs Senate Dems?
- Merry Christmas: My "Dear Santa" letter!
- The Dems, insurance companies and lots of hypocris...
- A very busy Wednesday morning before Christmas!
- How can Pres BO stand by and watch this?
- Merry Christmas from Texas!
- Let's talk about Mexico with Patrick Corcoran
- Wanted (again): A Dem who will stand up and do a "...
- "Obama-mania" is over.....and there are lots of br...
- Let us all move and retire in Nebraska!
- What's in this bill?
- The Dems are just talkers on climate change!
- An early morning vote for what?
- Happy # 60 to Robin Gibb
- A chat with John O'Donnell Rosales
- Mary Hopkin's beautiful Christmas tune!
- Memo to a Dem Senator: This is a "profile in coura...
- Who is mad with BO?
- The Cowboys win the biggest December game in years...
- A great holiday song from the Jackson 5!
- Still one of my favorite pop Christmas songs!
- A Copenhagen travesty: They cheered Chavez's anti-...
- Are "carbon credits" the next oil for food program...
- The Bee Gees and more very early hits
- Looking back at The Bee Gees, cont
- A chat with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda
- Happy birthday Keith Richards, great guitar player...
- The left is now at war with Pres BO!
- The Rangers could use Mendoza in 2010
- Dear Pres BO: Stay away from the circus in Copenh...
- Can the Dems make it without Bush around to unite ...
- Check out Bill Katz' post on The Battle of The Bul...
- Good news! New owner and Nolan Ryan is still here...
- Is it the sun? What exactly is causing gobal warmi...
- Tuesday's radio show: The Tuesday morning roundup
- Are you ready for Gitmo, Illinois?
- BO and the banks!
- Dems in disarray (a.k.a. Dems acting like Dems)
- Dear Sen Baucus: Your private life is your private...
- Guess who sang in the church choir?
- The "last minute score" and "'still lose the game"...
- 44% want Pres Bush back? Wonder why?
- The Beatles and many Decembers ago!
- Look what I found in my box of 45s!
- Rich Harden may have us saying "Oh Canada" in 2010...
- Roger Maris and a "trade history note" that any ba...
- Dear Pres BO: Stop threatening Iran and start acti...
- What a difference a year and a little BO can make!...
- I like the Rangers' moves!
- $6 million for Mr. Penn? How is this possible?
- Climate change yes, global warming not so sure!
- Pres BO should read Prof Sowell on the flight to C...
- Tuesday night thoughts!
- John Lennon, December 1980
- Copenhagen is a jobs killer!
- Why is Sec Gates, rather than Pres BO, saying this...
- The deficit is out of control AND are these the sa...
- An off-season "wish list" for the Rangers!
- How can a president fight a war like this?
- Dear Pres BO: Cancel the trip or your polls will d...
- Did the Cowboys forget how to tackle?
- A word about The White House social secretary!
- ▼ December (120)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)