Friday, December 04, 2009
Dear Pres BO: Listen to Mitt Romney
Today, Mitt Romney posted a good one on job creation: Mr. President, here's how to lift our economy
I hope that they read it at the White House:
"• Repair the stimulus.
Freeze the funds that haven't yet been spent and redirect them to immediate, private sector job-creation priorities.
• Create tax incentives that promote business expansion and hiring.
For example, install a robust investment tax credit, permit businesses to expense capital purchases made in 2010, and reduce payroll taxes.
These will reignite construction, technology and a wide array of capital goods industries, and lead to expanded employment.
• Prove to the global investors that finance America's debt that we are serious about reining in spending and becoming fiscally prudent by adopting limits on non-military discretionary spending and reforming our unsustainable, unfunded entitlements.
These are key to strengthening the dollar, reducing the threat of rampant inflation and holding down interest rates.
• Close down any talk of carbon cap-and-trade.
It will burden consumers and employers with billions in new costs.
Instead, greatly expand our commitment to natural gas and nuclear, boosting jobs now and reducing the export of energy jobs and dollars later.
• Tell the unions that job-stifling "card check" legislation is off the table.
Laying new burdens on small business will kill entrepreneurship and job creation.
• Don't allow a massive tax increase to go into effect in 2011 with the expiration of the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts.
The specter of more tax-fueled government spending and the reduction of capital available for small business will hinder investment and business expansion.
• New spending should be strictly limited to items that are critically needed and that we would have acquired in the future, such as new military equipment to support our troops abroad and essential infrastructure at home.
• Install dynamic regulations for the financial sector — rules that are up to date, efficient and not excessively burdensome.
But do not so tie up the financial sector with red tape that we lose a vital component of our economic system.
• Open the doors to trade.
Give important friends like Colombia favored trade status rather than bow to protectionist demands.
Now is the time for aggressive pursuit of opportunities for new markets for American goods, not insular retrenchment.
• Stop frightening the private sector by continuing to hold GM stock, by imposing tighter and tighter controls on compensation, and by pursuing a public insurance plan to compete with private insurers.
Government encroachment on free enterprise is depressing investment and job creation."
This is an outstanding list. It is the kind of pro-growth approach that we need desperately!
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio
- ► 2016 (1907)
- ► 2015 (1193)
- ► 2014 (893)
- ► 2013 (834)
- ► 2012 (554)
- ► 2011 (836)
- ► 2010 (845)
- A little humor for your Dec 31st party.......
- Our radio show about Pres Truman!
- Our radio show with Cathie Adams, the Texas GOP ch...
- Our chat with Roger Williams, candidate for the US...
- Our show with Young Republicans at Univ of North T...
- Our show with Fernando Trevino & Danielle Chavez
- Our chat with Rick Johnson of Better Dads
- Dear Pres BO: When are you going to call him a "te...
- Profile terrorists NOT grandmothers!
- Kidding me? Did Pres BO say that the terrorist 'al...
- Are the Norwegian judges, and/or the "yes we can" ...
- WAIT! Didn't they tell me that closing GITMO and a...
- A chat with Rick Moore!
- Our chat with Monte E. Kuligowski about the KSM tr...
- Our radio show with Humberto Fontova
- A chat with Clifford of Another Black Conservative...
- Let's talk with Kelvin Martin of Project 21
- Every Cowboys victory over Washington is pay-back ...
- Cowboys "peaking" at the right time?
- System worked? Is Sec Napolitano serious?
- Pres BO's silence about Iran is shameful!
- Romney in 2012!
- 2009 memories: The Texas vs Texas A&M game!
- The Nobel Peace Prize was the silliest story of 20...
- We congratulate Bill Katz and URGENT AGENDA for gr...
- BO's voters have had a rather confusing year!
- 2009 and the passing of Mary Travers
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- How is that "Global Contingency Operation" going?
- The Dems and the public are going in opposite dire...
- The Dems were all for closing GITMO until they won...
- The Dallas Tea Party: July 4, 2009
- Our chat with Tito the builder last October
- Dr. Biscet: one of my favorite shows from 2009
- We got snow in Dallas, TX!
- Merry Christmas!
- How can Pres BO move to the center without blowing...
- Are you ready for the House Dems vs Senate Dems?
- Merry Christmas: My "Dear Santa" letter!
- The Dems, insurance companies and lots of hypocris...
- A very busy Wednesday morning before Christmas!
- How can Pres BO stand by and watch this?
- Merry Christmas from Texas!
- Let's talk about Mexico with Patrick Corcoran
- Wanted (again): A Dem who will stand up and do a "...
- "Obama-mania" is over.....and there are lots of br...
- Let us all move and retire in Nebraska!
- What's in this bill?
- The Dems are just talkers on climate change!
- An early morning vote for what?
- Happy # 60 to Robin Gibb
- A chat with John O'Donnell Rosales
- Memo to a Dem Senator: This is a "profile in coura...
- Who is mad with BO?
- The Cowboys win the biggest December game in years...
- A great holiday song from the Jackson 5!
- Still one of my favorite pop Christmas songs!
- A Copenhagen travesty: They cheered Chavez's anti-...
- Are "carbon credits" the next oil for food program...
- The Bee Gees and more very early hits
- Looking back at The Bee Gees, cont
- A chat with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda
- Happy birthday Keith Richards!
- The left is now at war with Pres BO!
- The Rangers could use Mendoza in 2010
- Dear Pres BO: Stay away from the circus in Copenh...
- Can the Dems make it without Bush around to unite ...
- Good news! New owner and Nolan Ryan is still here...
- Is it the sun? What exactly is causing gobal warmi...
- Tuesday's radio show: The Tuesday morning roundup
- Are you ready for Gitmo, Illinois?
- BO and the banks!
- Dems in disarray (a.k.a. Dems acting like Dems)
- Dear Sen Baucus: Your private life is your private...
- Guess who sang in the church choir?
- The "last minute score" and "'still lose the game"...
- 44% want Pres Bush back? Wonder why?
- Rich Harden may have us saying "Oh Canada" in 2010...
- Dear Pres BO: Stop threatening Iran and start acti...
- What a difference a year and a little BO can make!...
- I like the Rangers' moves!
- $6 million for Mr. Penn? How is this possible?
- Climate change yes, global warming not so sure!
- Pres BO should read Prof Sowell on the flight to C...
- Tuesday night thoughts!
- John Lennon, December 1980
- Copenhagen is a jobs killer!
- Why is Sec Gates, rather than Pres BO, saying this...
- The deficit is out of control AND are these the sa...
- An off-season "wish list" for the Rangers!
- How can a president fight a war like this?
- Dear Pres BO: Cancel the trip or your polls will d...
- Did the Cowboys forget how to tackle?
- A word about The White House social secretary!
- Texas in the BCS title game? Yes but it was scary...
- "Venus": 50 years later and the women still go cra...
- What happens when "hope and change" gets drenched ...
- Is Pres BO afraid of saying something positive abo...
- Did T-Woods really think that he could get away wi...
- The surge worked in Iraq....just look!
- ▼ December (114)
- ► 2008 (1250)
- ► 2007 (1145)
- ► 2006 (1036)
- ► 2005 (393)