Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Copenhagen is a jobs killer!
We wake up to another poll going south for Pres BO: Gallup: Obama Hits New Low 47%
We see this: The Copenhagen Concoction
"As for the U.S., it has become clear even to liberals that it was not the Bush Administration alone that was standing in the way of a global climate deal.
Last Thursday, nine Senators sent a letter outlining the terms of their support for cap-and-trade legislation, including that every other country enact and enforce carbon legislation of their own.
And those were Democrats."
Remember Pres Clinton and The Kyoto Treaty? He couldn't get 10 Dems to go along with it so it was never ratified by the US Senate.
Like health care or "getting out of Iraq", the Dems are great at talking but not so good at actually carrying out what they talk about!
Speaking of Kyoto, this is interesting from Conn Carroll with the Heritage Foundation:
"According to U.N. data, between 2000 and 2006, the 27 European signatories actually increased their emissions by 0.1%.
Canada even saw a 21.3% emissions rise.
Meanwhile, the U.S., who was not bound by the treaty since the U.S. Senate voted 95-0 not to subject our economy to costly regulations that China and India were specifically exempted from, actually reduced our emissions by 3% over the same time period."
So much for Kyoto!
What's wrong with this conference in Copenhagen? How about everything?
Joel Kotkin is a distinguished presidential fellow in urban futures at Chapman University. He is also an adjunct fellow at the Legatum Institute (www.li.com/) in London and serves as executive editor of newgeography.com.
This is what he wrote about Copenhagen:
"Whatever the results of the Copenhagen conference on climate change, one thing is for sure: Draconian reductions on carbon emissions will be tacitly accepted by the most developed economies and sloughed off by many developing ones.
In essence, emerging economies get to cut their "carbon" intensity--a natural product of their economic evolution--while we get to cut our throats."
In other words, we feel good and the Chinese get all of the manufacturing jobs!
Sorry! That's insane!
The bad news is that there are too many in the West who want to commit economic suicide in the name of a new religion. i.e. global warming!
The good news is that even Dems are stating to see the insanity of all of this fanaticism!
As we wrote before, Copenhagen won't play well back here where the voters are!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- A little humor for your Dec 31st party.......
- Our radio show about Pres Truman!
- Our radio show with Cathie Adams, the Texas GOP ch...
- Our chat with Roger Williams, candidate for the US...
- Our show with Young Republicans at Univ of North T...
- Our show with Fernando Trevino & Danielle Chavez
- Our chat with Rick Johnson of Better Dads
- Dear Pres BO: When are you going to call him a "te...
- Profile terrorists NOT grandmothers!
- Kidding me? Did Pres BO say that the terrorist 'al...
- Are the Norwegian judges, and/or the "yes we can" ...
- WAIT! Didn't they tell me that closing GITMO and a...
- A chat with Rick Moore!
- Our chat with Monte E. Kuligowski about the KSM tr...
- Our radio show with Humberto Fontova
- A chat with Clifford of Another Black Conservative...
- Let's talk with Kelvin Martin of Project 21
- Every Cowboys victory over Washington is pay-back ...
- Cowboys "peaking" at the right time?
- System worked? Is Sec Napolitano serious?
- Pres BO's silence about Iran is shameful!
- Romney in 2012!
- 2009 memories: The Texas vs Texas A&M game!
- The Nobel Peace Prize was the silliest story of 20...
- We congratulate Bill Katz and URGENT AGENDA for gr...
- BO's voters have had a rather confusing year!
- 2009 and the passing of Mary Travers
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- How is that "Global Contingency Operation" going?
- The Dems and the public are going in opposite dire...
- The Dems were all for closing GITMO until they won...
- The Dallas Tea Party: July 4, 2009
- Our chat with Tito the builder last October
- Dr. Biscet: one of my favorite shows from 2009
- We got snow in Dallas, TX!
- Merry Christmas!
- Paul McCartney, Christmas 1979 and a great song!
- How can Pres BO move to the center without blowing...
- Are you ready for the House Dems vs Senate Dems?
- Merry Christmas: My "Dear Santa" letter!
- The Dems, insurance companies and lots of hypocris...
- A very busy Wednesday morning before Christmas!
- How can Pres BO stand by and watch this?
- Merry Christmas from Texas!
- Let's talk about Mexico with Patrick Corcoran
- Wanted (again): A Dem who will stand up and do a "...
- "Obama-mania" is over.....and there are lots of br...
- Let us all move and retire in Nebraska!
- What's in this bill?
- The Dems are just talkers on climate change!
- An early morning vote for what?
- Happy # 60 to Robin Gibb
- A chat with John O'Donnell Rosales
- Mary Hopkin's beautiful Christmas tune!
- Memo to a Dem Senator: This is a "profile in coura...
- Who is mad with BO?
- The Cowboys win the biggest December game in years...
- A great holiday song from the Jackson 5!
- Still one of my favorite pop Christmas songs!
- A Copenhagen travesty: They cheered Chavez's anti-...
- Are "carbon credits" the next oil for food program...
- The Bee Gees and more very early hits
- Looking back at The Bee Gees, cont
- A chat with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda
- Happy birthday Keith Richards, great guitar player...
- The left is now at war with Pres BO!
- The Rangers could use Mendoza in 2010
- Dear Pres BO: Stay away from the circus in Copenh...
- Can the Dems make it without Bush around to unite ...
- Check out Bill Katz' post on The Battle of The Bul...
- Good news! New owner and Nolan Ryan is still here...
- Is it the sun? What exactly is causing gobal warmi...
- Tuesday's radio show: The Tuesday morning roundup
- Are you ready for Gitmo, Illinois?
- BO and the banks!
- Dems in disarray (a.k.a. Dems acting like Dems)
- Dear Sen Baucus: Your private life is your private...
- Guess who sang in the church choir?
- The "last minute score" and "'still lose the game"...
- 44% want Pres Bush back? Wonder why?
- The Beatles and many Decembers ago!
- Look what I found in my box of 45s!
- Rich Harden may have us saying "Oh Canada" in 2010...
- Roger Maris and a "trade history note" that any ba...
- Dear Pres BO: Stop threatening Iran and start acti...
- What a difference a year and a little BO can make!...
- I like the Rangers' moves!
- $6 million for Mr. Penn? How is this possible?
- Climate change yes, global warming not so sure!
- Pres BO should read Prof Sowell on the flight to C...
- Tuesday night thoughts!
- John Lennon, December 1980
- Copenhagen is a jobs killer!
- Why is Sec Gates, rather than Pres BO, saying this...
- The deficit is out of control AND are these the sa...
- An off-season "wish list" for the Rangers!
- How can a president fight a war like this?
- Dear Pres BO: Cancel the trip or your polls will d...
- Did the Cowboys forget how to tackle?
- A word about The White House social secretary!
- Texas in the BCS title game? Yes but it was scary...
- "Venus": 50 years later and the women still go cra...
- What happens when "hope and change" gets drenched ...
- Is Pres BO afraid of saying something positive abo...
- Did T-Woods really think that he could get away wi...
- The surge worked in Iraq....just look!
- Pres BO and the timeline
- Dear Pres BO: There are no voters or jobs in Copen...
- Dear Pres BO: Listen to Mitt Romney
- Let's talk about Sarah palin's book with Cassy Fia...
- Dear Sen McCain: Thank you (again!)
- Pres BO has made the "jobs" situation a lot worse!...
- And now the Dems turn on Pres BO!
- My thoughts on Pres BO's speech
- Dear bad guys: We fight until the summer of 2011!
- Let's talk with Carmen Konneker about her book!
- Dear Pres BO: Are you really committed?
- Did the Dems get the memo about the deficit?
- Didn't the Dems hear what candidate BO said about ...
- From "great speaker" to "he talks too much"!
- ▼ December (120)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)