Thursday, December 10, 2009
Climate change yes, global warming not so sure!
Pres BO is headed to Copenhagen and he is likely to disappoint all of those "euros" who thought that they were getting "hope and change".
Pres BO may not say it but the Democrats back here are in no mood for a climate treaty that ties our industry's hands.
Check this headline: Does world expect too much of Obama?
"But Obama really can’t commit the United States to much in Copenhagen because the senators he needs to pass a climate bill aren’t on board with the kind of greenhouse gas restrictions that the EU and others expect."
Can you say Pres Clinton and The Kyoto Treaty in the late 1990's? It reminds me of those wonderful days of yesteryear when a Dem president spoke of climate change but couldn't get 10 Dems to ratify the treaty. In the end, it died because it lacked votes, specially Dem votes!
Prof Walter Williams has a good article about the global warming fears:
"The fact of the matter is an increasing amount of climate research suggests a possibility of global cooling."
Sarah Palin has an article today, too:
"Our representatives in Copenhagen should remember that good environmental policymaking is about weighing real-world costs and benefits -- not pursuing a political agenda."
There is evidence that "cooling" is back and that Copenhagen is about politics not the environment.
Let's slow down, count to 10 and have a rational debate about climate change.
In the meantime, let's hope that factories in Michigan start running, and polluting the air, because we need jobs!
P.S. Dick Morris reminds us of what the US has accomplished even though we did not sign The Kyoto Treaty:
"The worst nightmare of the left is about to come true:
The United States is about to achieve the carbon emissions goals set by the 1997 Kyoto Accords.
Once seemingly beyond reach, the United States is already halfway toward meeting the stringent Kyoto goals for reduction in carbon emissions without a cap-and-trade law or a carbon tax or carbon dioxide being declared a pollutant."
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio
- ► 2016 (1907)
- ► 2015 (1193)
- ► 2014 (894)
- ► 2013 (834)
- ► 2012 (554)
- ► 2011 (836)
- ► 2010 (845)
- A little humor for your Dec 31st party.......
- Our radio show about Pres Truman!
- Our radio show with Cathie Adams, the Texas GOP ch...
- Our chat with Roger Williams, candidate for the US...
- Our show with Young Republicans at Univ of North T...
- Our show with Fernando Trevino & Danielle Chavez
- Our chat with Rick Johnson of Better Dads
- Dear Pres BO: When are you going to call him a "te...
- Profile terrorists NOT grandmothers!
- Kidding me? Did Pres BO say that the terrorist 'al...
- Are the Norwegian judges, and/or the "yes we can" ...
- WAIT! Didn't they tell me that closing GITMO and a...
- A chat with Rick Moore!
- Our chat with Monte E. Kuligowski about the KSM tr...
- Our radio show with Humberto Fontova
- A chat with Clifford of Another Black Conservative...
- Let's talk with Kelvin Martin of Project 21
- Every Cowboys victory over Washington is pay-back ...
- Cowboys "peaking" at the right time?
- System worked? Is Sec Napolitano serious?
- Pres BO's silence about Iran is shameful!
- Romney in 2012!
- 2009 memories: The Texas vs Texas A&M game!
- The Nobel Peace Prize was the silliest story of 20...
- We congratulate Bill Katz and URGENT AGENDA for gr...
- BO's voters have had a rather confusing year!
- 2009 and the passing of Mary Travers
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- How is that "Global Contingency Operation" going?
- The Dems and the public are going in opposite dire...
- The Dems were all for closing GITMO until they won...
- The Dallas Tea Party: July 4, 2009
- Our chat with Tito the builder last October
- Dr. Biscet: one of my favorite shows from 2009
- We got snow in Dallas, TX!
- Merry Christmas!
- How can Pres BO move to the center without blowing...
- Are you ready for the House Dems vs Senate Dems?
- Merry Christmas: My "Dear Santa" letter!
- The Dems, insurance companies and lots of hypocris...
- A very busy Wednesday morning before Christmas!
- How can Pres BO stand by and watch this?
- Merry Christmas from Texas!
- Let's talk about Mexico with Patrick Corcoran
- Wanted (again): A Dem who will stand up and do a "...
- "Obama-mania" is over.....and there are lots of br...
- Let us all move and retire in Nebraska!
- What's in this bill?
- The Dems are just talkers on climate change!
- An early morning vote for what?
- Happy # 60 to Robin Gibb
- A chat with John O'Donnell Rosales
- Memo to a Dem Senator: This is a "profile in coura...
- Who is mad with BO?
- The Cowboys win the biggest December game in years...
- A great holiday song from the Jackson 5!
- Still one of my favorite pop Christmas songs!
- A Copenhagen travesty: They cheered Chavez's anti-...
- Are "carbon credits" the next oil for food program...
- The Bee Gees and more very early hits
- Looking back at The Bee Gees, cont
- A chat with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda
- Happy birthday Keith Richards!
- The left is now at war with Pres BO!
- The Rangers could use Mendoza in 2010
- Dear Pres BO: Stay away from the circus in Copenh...
- Can the Dems make it without Bush around to unite ...
- Good news! New owner and Nolan Ryan is still here...
- Is it the sun? What exactly is causing gobal warmi...
- Tuesday's radio show: The Tuesday morning roundup
- Are you ready for Gitmo, Illinois?
- BO and the banks!
- Dems in disarray (a.k.a. Dems acting like Dems)
- Dear Sen Baucus: Your private life is your private...
- Guess who sang in the church choir?
- The "last minute score" and "'still lose the game"...
- 44% want Pres Bush back? Wonder why?
- Rich Harden may have us saying "Oh Canada" in 2010...
- Dear Pres BO: Stop threatening Iran and start acti...
- What a difference a year and a little BO can make!...
- I like the Rangers' moves!
- $6 million for Mr. Penn? How is this possible?
- Climate change yes, global warming not so sure!
- Pres BO should read Prof Sowell on the flight to C...
- Tuesday night thoughts!
- John Lennon, December 1980
- Copenhagen is a jobs killer!
- Why is Sec Gates, rather than Pres BO, saying this...
- The deficit is out of control AND are these the sa...
- An off-season "wish list" for the Rangers!
- How can a president fight a war like this?
- Dear Pres BO: Cancel the trip or your polls will d...
- Did the Cowboys forget how to tackle?
- A word about The White House social secretary!
- Texas in the BCS title game? Yes but it was scary...
- "Venus": 50 years later and the women still go cra...
- What happens when "hope and change" gets drenched ...
- Is Pres BO afraid of saying something positive abo...
- Did T-Woods really think that he could get away wi...
- The surge worked in Iraq....just look!
- ▼ December (114)
- ► 2008 (1250)
- ► 2007 (1145)
- ► 2006 (1036)
- ► 2005 (393)