Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Happy # 84 to Petula Clark!



Petula Clark turned 84 today.......is that possible?


Remember AM car radios with one speaker in the back?


Our family had one of those!


My parents edited the volume up front......"very low" for The Rolling Stones and "volume up" for Petula Clark.


Over time, I came to like Petula Clark a lot.


I came to appreciate her lovely voice and wonderful repertoire of songs.


Petula is one of the most successful British female vocalists of our generation. Her hits include "Downtown", "My love" and "This is my song".


So my parents were right about Petula Clark!


I'm glad that my mom turned up the volume when her songs came on the radio.


Today, we recall a wonderful lady vocalist.


Can you believe that she turned 84? Where has all the time flown?  Maybe I need to go find me a CD of her many international hits!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

FOLLOW MY BLOG

LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS

Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Search This Blog