Monday, November 30, 2009
Good news from Honduras!
On Sunday, the good people of Honduras voted "yes" for their country and "no" for Hugo Chavez's despicable attempt to overthrown their system.
Let's check some news reports:
"Porfirio “Pepe” Lobo has emerged as the new President of the Republic to govern the Country of Honduras during the years 2010-2014.
According to the TSE, more than 61.85% of registered Hondurans came out to vote on Sunday, a historic record.
The announcement from the TSE received a standing ovation from the attentive room of official observers and spectators."
We are not partisans about Honduras politics. We are not attached to one political party or the other.
At the same time, we do support the electoral process, the rule of law and constitutions!
Again, Honduras did well on Sunday and sent a loud message to those who did not understand what was happening in their country.
Like Mexico in 2006, Honduras has shown that it can run a clean and orderly election. (Check El Heraldo in Honduras!)
Like Mexico, I do expect the left to make some noise!
Zelaya will probably find a strong ally in Mexico's Lopez Obrador and the rest of the clownish left!
We hope that Pres Calderon, a serious guy, does not welcome Zelaya again! We also hope that Pres Uribe, the other serious guy, steps up and welcomes what just happened in Honduras!
In the end, it was good that the Obama administration reversed course and supported the constitution and people of Honduras!
P.S. We recommend that you check with Fausta Wertz for updates and good analysis of the Honduras election: Honduras: Porfirio Lobo elected new president
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (15)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- Good news from Honduras!
- What do we do about Iran now?
- Let's talk with Dr. Roy Stringfellow about the bil...
- The Texas vs Texas A&M game was one of the best co...
- George Harrison died 8 years ago today!
- # 1 son is real good at pre-game food parties!
- Vote YES for Bert Blyleven and let's finally put h...
- Afghanistan puts Pres BO in a "no-win" situation w...
- How much longer can we spend money like this?
- Mr. Jones: Nice score, great team BUT what's with ...
- Davey Jones for my sister's birthday!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Please tell me that the Navy Seals story is false....
- Gov Perry is right: Keep the federal government ou...
- If BO was a stock, you'd be selling and selling ve...
- Let's talk with Jason Villalba, Dallas Republican ...
- The China trip was bad all around!
- Dear Pres BO: We urge to listen to the job creator...
- How about a funny Canadian who gets "hope and chan...
- Dear Pres BO: What do we do about Iran now?
- Joe Mauer 2009 AL MVP: A great choice!
- Dear Cowboys: No more "W's" like this!
- China and Pres BO's spending!
- A lot of quiet disillusionment about BO?
- Palin Derangement Syndrome is alive and well in th...
- The KSM trial: You can't explain it to a 9-11 fath...
- Dear Dems: Don't cheer so fast!
- We salute Texas, the true # 1 college football tea...
- My thoughts on the interview with Alfredo Corchado...
- A little early stuff from The Brothers Gibb
- What ever happened to The Critters?
- Had not heard this song for a long time!
- It wasn't a stimulus.....that's why it's not worki...
- Guess why Pres BO can't close GITMO?
- BO's trip was not a profile in courage or much of ...
- How do you explain it to a 9-11 mother? You can't!...
- Let's chat with Monte E. Kuligowski, Esq. about th...
- How is our "narcissist globetrotter" president pla...
- 1863: Lincoln's Gettysburg Address
- Even "the jobs figures" are now a fairy tale!
- My guess is that political junkies will be disappo...
- When will Pres BO throw the "KSM trial in NY City"...
- Let's meet the U-Conn College Republicans!
- Is he instinctively ashamed of the US or is he smo...
- Sorry but Pres BO can't vote present in Afghanista...
- Elvis Andrus for AL Rookie of the year!
- What would the Founding Fathers think of giving ri...
- Turnovers and fumbles in Green Bay!
- Happy # 77 to Petula Clark!
- Will the BBC, and other media types, apologize to ...
- "Oba-Mao" in China BUT losing independents back he...
- Happy birthday to Anni-Frid Lyngstad of ABBA!
- Isn't this a little strange for a president of the...
- Afghanistan is not fun anymore for the Dems!
- Sr. LO is still going....but does anybody care?
- Another very bad idea from "The Twilight Zone" adm...
- How can Pres BO lecture any country on "free trade...
- Nice day for Pres & Laura Bush!
- Friday's show: A chat with TX Supreme Court Justic...
- Be careful about voting for hope and change.....yo...
- Blogging is dangerous in Cuba......just ask Yaoni!...
- Give me the shrimp tacos and you can keep the priz...
- Do we need a note from "Osama to Obama" to confirm...
- A chat with Winnie Biscet about her father, Dr Osc...
- Iraq: Pres Bush was right all along!
- "Loose lips" sink ships AND political correctness ...
- Good morning: Romo to Austin puts Dallas in first...
- No Pres BO in Berlin?
- History? Yes, 39 Dems vote "NO"!
- Paul McCartney: A song from many Novembers ago!
- 10.2% unemployment BUT the Dems are still waiting ...
- A chat with Cliff, blogger
- What happens when "the mania" is gone? You get Tue...
- The "very divided" Dems!
- Looking for a new job?
- Who is watching FOX News? Ask the advertisers!
- The voters say "NO" to same sex marriage again!
- Congratulations to the 2009 Yankees!
- BO-mania is over!
- GOP wins big (a.k.a. Bush bashing is finally over!...
- Everybody is watching Pres BO, specially the bad g...
- Prediction: GOP 2 of 3 (maybe 3 of 3!)
- Texas vs California again!
- The 5-2 Cowboys need to make a statement in Philly...
- Blame Bush 24/7...BUT....but do not reverse his po...
- You can always count on Rich to miss the pitch and...
- Look out! More Californians are moving to Texas!
- Why does this woman drive the Dems crazy?
- The Bee Gees many Novembers ago!
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)