Saturday, October 24, 2009
Arrogance plus no executive experience means a president who can not handle criticism!
What's this war with FOX News all about?
I agree that Pres BO is playing to the base and keeping them distracted from a few governing realities.
After all, Pres BO is going to have to tell the base that the public option won't fly. (60 votes in the US Senate and a 30-plus majority in the House are not translating into BO's agenda!)
Also, troops are indeed heading to Afghanistan. (Again, this is going to blow up the Dem party in ways that we have not seen since Vietnam!)
Pres BO's numbers are going down:
Rasmussen: Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance.
They are watching it over in the UK: Barack Obama sees worst poll rating drop in 50 years By Toby Harnden
I agree with Prof V.D. Hanson that something is happening out there and it's not Obama-mania:
"For 30 months the nation has been in the grip of a certain Obama obsession, immune to countervailing facts, unwilling to face reality, and loath to break the spell.
But like all trances, the fit is passing, and we the patient are beginning to appreciate how the stupor came upon us, why it lifted, and what its consequences have been."
So beating up FOX News is like throwing red meat to a very disillusioned base watching their president sink in the polls!
I get it!
However, there is a little more to this than "red-meating" the base.
I think that we are watching a very sensitive man, a guy who is not accustomed to being challenged or criticized!
Why is Pres BO so sensitive to criticism?
First, he is a very arrogant person.
Second, he has never had an executive or governing position.
Third, he got a "free media pass" on most issues, i.e. just ask Hillary Clinton during the primaries!
What do you get?
You get Pres Obama!
You get a man who never ran a city, an agency, a state, a business or anything!
You get a man who never had to answer questions or explain his decisions, such as a mayor explaining cuts in services, or a governor announcing layoffs or a private executive addressing shareholder concerns.
BO has never faced anything like that before!
Therefore, he is not accustomed to news organizations questioning his policies or decisions!
Also, he does not know how to deal with Dems who represent rural or suburban districts.
So where are we?
Pres BO has a choice:
1) He can declare war on his "enemies" and get consumed with whatever FOX News is running at 5pm or 9pm.
2) He can focus on governing and let the critics have their say! (This is what most of his predecessors did! Did you ever see Pres Bush saying publicly that NBC News was beating him up on MSNBC every night?)
Unfortunately, Pres BO has decided to fight his "enemies".
It's a bad choice and Pres BO will regret it!
P.S. Charles Krauthammer makes a good point:
"While government can and should debate and criticize opposition voices, the current White House goes beyond that.
It wants to delegitimize any significant dissent.
The objective is no secret.
White House aides openly told Politico that they're engaged in a deliberate campaign to marginalize and ostracize recalcitrants, from Fox to health insurers to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce."
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (13)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- Let's talk baseball with Paul Greco!
- The new Pelosi bill will raise your taxes!
- Happy Halloween!
- Afghanistan: Campaigning and governing are so diff...
- A chat with Cathie Adams of The Texas Republican P...
- We remember Agustin Lara
- Who is going to protect the little girls of Afghan...
- Taxes up in NY equals more Yankee fans move to Tex...
- The "blame Bush" president is looking disoriented!...
- The Dems should listen to Sen Lieberman!
- A chat with Dan Riehl and Laura R Crain!
- We like Mr Hoffman in NY-23!
- Say "No" to BO-Care!
- Weren't these the people who told us that Bush spe...
- Another liberal can't understand the BO-FOX feud!
- Congratulations: 40 AL flags for the Yankees
- Lots of happy Cowboys!
- Pres Calderon is right about police reforms!
- Iran and deadlines: Haven't we seen this movie bef...
- We say happy # 83 to Chuck Berry, one of the Found...
- Two reforms that would not cost a trillion!
- Dear Pres BO: Mad at FOX? How about getting mad wi...
- If our TV cable news "ratings war" was a boxing fi...
- Arrogance plus no executive experience means a pre...
- Dear Pres BO: Blaming Bush is not working anymore...
- Silly BO and the war on Fox News, cont!
- "Tito the builder" is a great story!
- Thank God for VP Cheney!
- Congratulations to the Phillies!
- Tony misses his receivers but these girls are Supe...
- WANTED: A decision!
- Obama, not the economy, is the problem!
- How does the head of Wash Post/ABC polls keep his ...
- Love a graph? You need to read Randall Hoven!
- Is super-liberal Richard Cohen preparing the liber...
- Dear GM Joe: Is our bench that weak?
- Who is watching FOX News? The answer will shock y...
- Blaming Bush is not working anymore!
- How many crazy uncles and aunts do you need to pro...
- We can learn a lot from the LyFC story in Mexico!
- Where does Pres BO stand now on the public option ...
- Will BO and the Dems ever get over Bush and FOX Ne...
- Who is going to tell Pres BO that we can't afford ...
- October 1962: The Beatles and their first recordin...
- A weekend present: What a great portrait!
- Go Rush and tell your lawyers to sue big!
- What happens when the public trusts the general mo...
- We like Roy Morales for mayor of Houston!
- We say hello to everyone freezing at the baseball ...
- Today's Krauthammer is worth sharing with your chi...
- Isn't governing fun? Guess who is very unhappy wit...
- Let's hope that Rush Limbaugh takes legal action!
- They love him everywhere but Russia won't support ...
- We will always remember Al Martino and The Godfath...
- We are not into "doom and gloom" BUT the dollar is...
- Don't let Afghanistan turn into Vietnam!
- Dear Dems: Stop whining about FOX News!
- Here is one for my sister: Happy # 50 to Marie Osm...
- NK reacts to the "Peace Prize" with 5 missiles!
- Even The Washington Post has a problem with the "N...
- What's wrong with this cross?
- The Republican table at The Denton County Hispanic...
- Miles Austin saved the Cowboys with a big day!
- Pres BO should send a "Gold Star" mother to accept...
- Baseball needs global warming or the post-season w...
- Will "don't ask don't tell" turn into another GITM...
- Even the Euros are a bit skeptical about the Prize...
- There are no easy options for Pres BO in Afghanis...
- More John Lennon memories!
- Will Pres BO accept the Nobel and explain why he i...
- The "Nobel-istas" have a very bad case of Bush Der...
- Who did the Nobel committee overlook?
- IT IS NOT April Fool's Day!
- John Lennon would have been 69 today!
- Let's get to know the black conservatives at Proje...
- We wish Amb Hubbard & Mariana the best in Mexico!
- BO and the Dems have a serious "GITMO" problem!
- Let's hope that Pres BO reads George Will's articl...
- Gen McCrystal is doing his job BUT Pres BO is not ...
- Chavez and Iran are getting too friendly!
- Do you see a president disconnected from reality?
- What a "wimpy performance" by the Cowboys in Denve...
- The Rangers "what if" season!
- BO is a talker and SLN got this one just right!
- Pres BO's growing "left wing" problem!
- 40 years of Abbey Road
- Remembering Diana, Flo and Mary, a.k.a The Supreme...
- The magic did not work in Denmark! It's not worki...
- What happened to that stimulus?
- We are very excited about the 2009 Stars!
- Rio is in; Chicago is out and Pres BO has suffered...
- The US is watching FOX....!
- Dear "yes we can" screamers: Europe likes us less ...
- Good luck to Chicago BUT did Pres BO have to go?
- Help wanted: We are looking for a man who can make...
- Sanctions? How about calling for a free Iran?
- How did Pres BO mess up so bad in Honduras?
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)