Sunday, September 06, 2009
In Texas, we are very concerned about that war going on across El Paso!
So let's talk about Mexico again! Sadly, it's not pretty south of the border these days!
STRATEGY PAGE is one of our favorite websites. They specialize in military and national security issues.
SP has been covering Mexico extensively because of the national security implications south of the border.
Like many of us, SP's editors understand that what happens in Mexico matters in the US!
Today, they report this:
"Gunmen armed with AK-47 automatic rifles killed 17 people in Ciudad Juarez.
One of the people murdered was a police officer.
Currently the government deploys 8,500 soldiers and federal police in the city.
Ciudad Jurarez however, is simply too attractive a geographic and information warfare target for the cartelistas.
Juarez is a huge city on the U.S. border, so it is a geographic “drug corridor” to the U.S. and Canada.
It is also directly in the cameras of American television stations.
The cartels want a constant bloodbath in Juarez because they believe American media will regard the bloodbath as a Mexican government failure.
The fact is, Mexico is at war.
The government decided it would fight the cartels, which had become deeply embedded in northern Mexico's economic and judicial structures.
The cartels are betting that rampant murder, intimidation and media reports of the violence will deal the government a psychological defeat.
When the military withdraws, then the cartels will return to business as usual.
So far the government has responded by increasing the pressure.
The government regards Ciudad Juarez as a major battle against the cartels."
Let's review.........Cd Juarez is a war zone......it sits across from El Paso!
Mexico's national security is under siege....
Mexico's army is fighting people using AK-47 automatic rifles....
let me repeat.....AK-47 automatic rifles, or the same ones that the US soldiers run into in Afghanistan or Iraq......
and Pres Obama's State Dept is worried about "human rights violations" in Mexico?
It gets worse. Last week, I saw this AP story:
"Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas, is Mexico’s most violent city, with at least 1,400 people killed this year alone."
Today, we saw this horrific story:
"A local politician and his wife and two sons have been brutally killed in the southeastern Mexican state of Tabasco.
Jose Francisco Fuentes, 43, was beheaded, his sons aged eight and 10 were suffocated and his wife was shot in the head, local news media said on Sunday, citing police sources."
We ask again: Why are Pres BO and the Dems hung up on human rights violations when Mexico faces enemies like these? Somebody needs to give Pres BO a crash course in national security!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (32)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- R.I.P. BO-Care? The public option is dealt a seri...
- Sarkozy is the latest to cancel his subscription t...
- This is not going to be the presidency that BO and...
- Iranian missiles, Afghan mess and BO is worried ab...
- What will the "Bush police state" crowd say about ...
- We liked the old UN a lot more!
- Good morning Obama! Iran fired more missiles!
- Even the liberals are telling BO to stop the TV bl...
- Why are we cutting US-Mex border agents?
- We will miss William Safire a lot!
- How can this principal keep her job?
- Dear BO: Make a decision because there are soldier...
- Regulations and taxes are killing California!
- Remembering Peter, Paul AND specially Mary's beaut...
- Who is going to tell the world that the Dems won't...
- Guess who lied about their nuclear program and mov...
- Like Clinton with NAFTA, BO will not have the Dems...
- Remember when Pres Bush proposed Soc Sec reforms?
- Thank you PM Netanyahu!
- Isn't this a bit weird? School children sing "pra...
- How can Pres BO snub PM Brown?
- What are they thinking about BO's speech in the st...
- What exactly is all of "this love" getting us?
- Praise from all the wrong places, concerns from al...
- BO very popular at the UN but not so popular back ...
- Today, we stand with the people of Iran!
- Dear BO: Leave Honduras alone!
- Dear BO: How can you say "ACORN who"?
- One left blog admits that the Dems were just playi...
- Dear Pres BO: No more "healing the planet" speeche...
- It's not racism! It's the reckless expansion of g...
- It was a great season for 140 games.....then came ...
- No kisses for the Cowboys!
- Lack of civility? Did they say anything about how...
- Herbert vs Smith: The past and the future of black...
- What was the connection between BO and ACORN?
- A president who doesn't understand how protectioni...
- BO should investigate ACORN and leave the CIA alon...
- Dear BO: Get angry with the thugs killing people i...
- "Yesterday" from many Septembers ago!
- Why won't Pres BO go on FOX (the cable news networ...
- Texas State Senator Jane Nelson was wonderful at t...
- An update on the Miss USA candidates (a.k.a. my n...
- Dems in "FULL PANIC MODE" over ACORN and "the publ...
- Go "hope and change"! Go ahead and stab our allie...
- Wonder how many of BO's supporters would have beli...
- Playing the race card is about as low as it gets!
- Very sorry to hear about Mary Travers
- When will Pres BO make a statement about ACORN and...
- Hooray for Hannah and James!
- BO can not persuade a Dem majority....so let's pla...
- Funny video BUT a very serious issue!
- A very tough (and uneasy) Sept 16th for Mexico!
- ACORN: Very corrupt, very stupid employees!
- Dear Mexico & Canada! BO has started a trade war ...
- A huge week for the Rangers!
- BO is blaming the Republicans again because Dems w...
- Guess who just threw "los indocumentados" under th...
- Cowboys look good today!
- Dear Maureen: BO has a problem with numbers not hi...
- Where was all of this outrage when they were calli...
- An update on the cost of BO-Care!
- BO will have to fight in Afghanistan without the E...
- We remember Paul Mauriat!
- Congratulations to Derek Jeter!
- Did Larry Summers say high unemployment for a coup...
- Health care? Is anybody watching Hugo Chavez?
- A speech that did not answer questions!
- Back to square one: Another speech but BO can't ex...
- What about that CNN poll?
- After Van Jones and Rev Wright, does BO really wan...
- 9-11 is about heroes!
- Rep Wison was wrong BUT Pres BO did not get an "A"...
- The Ch 23 debate (in Spanish)
- How do Republicans come back? You elect Dems!
- A very partisan speech.....and no explanation on h...
- Sarah Palin and health care
- BO and Afghanistan
- Van Jones leaves and the Rev walks in!
- September is going to be a very cruel month for al...
- Dear Pres BO: Is anybody checking resumes or refer...
- Did Pres BO know? The Brits say yes!
- How long will the left hang on to Pres BO?
- Iran and Chavez threw away the "hope and change" m...
- Labor Day: What happened to that stimulus?
- Just another president who can't please everybody!...
- If you voted for change in Iraq.....then you got t...
- BO's September is starting to feel a lot like BO's...
- In Texas, we are very concerned about that war goi...
- The back up speech: Pres BO is going to tell our c...
- Congratulations to Texas A&M! Big win over New Me...
- The Carpenters and a September many years ago!
- What Van Jones tells us about BO!
- Pres BO should explain to the public school parent...
- The Rev in '08....Jones in '09...where does BO get...
- Who is going to tell the Obama voters that BO can'...
- What BO's devoted followers "don't get" (or choose...
- Be careful about voting for the guy who wants to t...
- 45 years ago today: We finally made it to the US!
- Who told Pres BO to stick his nose in the nation's...
- BO has a "Sales 101" problem
- Pres BO does not need another speech.....he needs ...
- Why didn't Pres BO pick up the phone and tell PM B...
- From "yes we can" to "we don't have the votes"!
- He sang like a canary.......
- Why did so many Dem women look the other way?
- Did Pres BO, or someone else, know about the terro...
- It's September and BO's approvals are dropping lik...
- Happy birthday Barry Gibb!
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)