Sunday, September 20, 2009
Dear BO: Get angry with the thugs killing people in Iran not our private insurance companies!
Pres BO's approvals continue to drop.
Pres BO's big speech did not change public attitudes, specially among all of those Dems who represent districts between NY City and LA.
Yesterday, Mrs Obama went out and gave a speech on health care.
Don't get me wrong: we like Mrs. BO!
We like her elegance. We like her work with kids and the garden in the White House.
However, it's a bad idea to bring out your wife when your numbers are down.
I think that Pres Clinton learned that lesson when he sent Mrs Clinton to defend him and call his detractors part of "the right wing conspiracy"!
How did that one work out for Pres Clinton? Not well!
Frankly, Americans don't like it when First Ladies get into partisan speeches. It's not part of the First Lady's job description! It also shows a little desperation when the man sends his wife to peddle the plan that he can not sell!
Back to Mrs BO.
Unfortunately, she and Pres BO got their stories a bit messed up, as Captain Ed pointed out:
"Politicians hauling out their families to argue to illustrate their policy agenda is nothing new, but usually they get their facts straight first.
It’s quite reminiscent of Obama’s anecdote about Otto Raddatz in his speech to Congress just the day before this speech, in which he accused an insurance company of killing Raddatz by canceling his coverage in the middle of chemotherapy.
As Lynn Sweet reported, Raddatz had his coverage reinstated within weeks, never missed a chemotherapy session, and died more than four years later.
It’s bad enough to ignore the facts using someone else’s research.
It’s an indication of some serious incompetence to get one wrong about your own daughter, after both parents made her part of the health-care overhaul argument."
Beyond the confusion, we continue to see a president who is misrepresenting the role of private insurance coverage in the US.
Pres BO is determined to destroy our private insurance industry. Like a good leftist who wants the public sector to run everything, Pres BO just can't say a good word about the millions of professionals who work in one of our key industries.
Scott Harrington is a professor of health-care management and insurance and risk management at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School and an adjunct scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.
He just wrote: Fact-Checking the President on Health Insurance
"But the president's examples of people "dropped" by their insurance companies involve the rescission of policies based on misrepresentation or concealment of information in applications for coverage.
Private health insurance cannot function if people buy insurance only after they become seriously ill, or if they knowingly conceal health conditions that might affect their policy."
Moral of the story: Don't lie on an insurance application.
Better than that, Pres BO is a lawyer and he should understand that honesty is a big part of the "rule of law" and specially contract law.
Pres BO is recklessly demonizing the private insurance industry, a huge employer, taxpayer, as well as provider of the best health care system in the world.
The bad news is that BO is doing first rate demagoguery! We have not seen such anti-business demagoguery in years!
The good news is that it ain't working! The polls are showing that Pres BO is not selling his plan, specially to his own party!
Here is my wish: Wouldn't it be nice if BO would get as angry with the thugs killing innocent people in Tehran as insurance companies legally doing business in the US?
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (18)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- R.I.P. BO-Care? The public option is dealt a seri...
- Sarkozy is the latest to cancel his subscription t...
- This is not going to be the presidency that BO and...
- Iranian missiles, Afghan mess and BO is worried ab...
- What will the "Bush police state" crowd say about ...
- We liked the old UN a lot more!
- Good morning Obama! Iran fired more missiles!
- Even the liberals are telling BO to stop the TV bl...
- Why are we cutting US-Mex border agents?
- We will miss William Safire a lot!
- How can this principal keep her job?
- Dear BO: Make a decision because there are soldier...
- Regulations and taxes are killing California!
- Remembering Peter, Paul AND specially Mary's beaut...
- Who is going to tell the world that the Dems won't...
- Guess who lied about their nuclear program and mov...
- Like Clinton with NAFTA, BO will not have the Dems...
- Remember when Pres Bush proposed Soc Sec reforms?
- Thank you PM Netanyahu!
- Isn't this a bit weird? School children sing "pra...
- How can Pres BO snub PM Brown?
- What are they thinking about BO's speech in the st...
- What exactly is all of "this love" getting us?
- Praise from all the wrong places, concerns from al...
- BO very popular at the UN but not so popular back ...
- Today, we stand with the people of Iran!
- Dear BO: Leave Honduras alone!
- Dear BO: How can you say "ACORN who"?
- One left blog admits that the Dems were just playi...
- Dear Pres BO: No more "healing the planet" speeche...
- It's not racism! It's the reckless expansion of g...
- It was a great season for 140 games.....then came ...
- No kisses for the Cowboys!
- Lack of civility? Did they say anything about how...
- Herbert vs Smith: The past and the future of black...
- What was the connection between BO and ACORN?
- A president who doesn't understand how protectioni...
- BO should investigate ACORN and leave the CIA alon...
- Dear BO: Get angry with the thugs killing people i...
- "Yesterday" from many Septembers ago!
- Why won't Pres BO go on FOX (the cable news networ...
- Texas State Senator Jane Nelson was wonderful at t...
- An update on the Miss USA candidates (a.k.a. my n...
- Dems in "FULL PANIC MODE" over ACORN and "the publ...
- Go "hope and change"! Go ahead and stab our allie...
- Wonder how many of BO's supporters would have beli...
- Playing the race card is about as low as it gets!
- Very sorry to hear about Mary Travers
- When will Pres BO make a statement about ACORN and...
- Hooray for Hannah and James!
- BO can not persuade a Dem majority....so let's pla...
- Funny video BUT a very serious issue!
- A very tough (and uneasy) Sept 16th for Mexico!
- ACORN: Very corrupt, very stupid employees!
- Dear Mexico & Canada! BO has started a trade war ...
- A huge week for the Rangers!
- BO is blaming the Republicans again because Dems w...
- Guess who just threw "los indocumentados" under th...
- Cowboys look good today!
- Dear Maureen: BO has a problem with numbers not hi...
- Where was all of this outrage when they were calli...
- An update on the cost of BO-Care!
- BO will have to fight in Afghanistan without the E...
- We remember Paul Mauriat!
- Congratulations to Derek Jeter!
- Did Larry Summers say high unemployment for a coup...
- Health care? Is anybody watching Hugo Chavez?
- A speech that did not answer questions!
- Back to square one: Another speech but BO can't ex...
- What about that CNN poll?
- After Van Jones and Rev Wright, does BO really wan...
- 9-11 is about heroes!
- Rep Wison was wrong BUT Pres BO did not get an "A"...
- The Ch 23 debate (in Spanish)
- How do Republicans come back? You elect Dems!
- A very partisan speech.....and no explanation on h...
- Sarah Palin and health care
- BO and Afghanistan
- Van Jones leaves and the Rev walks in!
- September is going to be a very cruel month for al...
- Dear Pres BO: Is anybody checking resumes or refer...
- Did Pres BO know? The Brits say yes!
- How long will the left hang on to Pres BO?
- Iran and Chavez threw away the "hope and change" m...
- Labor Day: What happened to that stimulus?
- Just another president who can't please everybody!...
- If you voted for change in Iraq.....then you got t...
- BO's September is starting to feel a lot like BO's...
- In Texas, we are very concerned about that war goi...
- The back up speech: Pres BO is going to tell our c...
- Congratulations to Texas A&M! Big win over New Me...
- The Carpenters and a September many years ago!
- What Van Jones tells us about BO!
- Pres BO should explain to the public school parent...
- The Rev in '08....Jones in '09...where does BO get...
- Who is going to tell the Obama voters that BO can'...
- What BO's devoted followers "don't get" (or choose...
- Be careful about voting for the guy who wants to t...
- 45 years ago today: We finally made it to the US!
- Who told Pres BO to stick his nose in the nation's...
- BO has a "Sales 101" problem
- Pres BO does not need another speech.....he needs ...
- Why didn't Pres BO pick up the phone and tell PM B...
- From "yes we can" to "we don't have the votes"!
- He sang like a canary.......
- Why did so many Dem women look the other way?
- Did Pres BO, or someone else, know about the terro...
- It's September and BO's approvals are dropping lik...
- Happy birthday Barry Gibb!
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)