Sunday, August 02, 2009
BO, the Dems and the very bloody war of Afghanistan!
As someone said:
Be careful what you wish for.....you may get it!
"Hope and change" meets reality, i.e. Afghan reality that is!
For some time, Afghanistan was the Dems' favorite war.
It was the "poll driven" alternative to Iraq!
It was easy to give speeches about how Saddam Hussein did not have anything to do with 9-11!
For the record, no one ever said that he did, except for Sen Hillary Clinton who connected Hussein to Al Qaeda in her Senate speech of Oct 2002.
Enjoy the video at the end of this post!
It was also easy because the Dems were out of power.
They were not responsible for anything except blaming everything on Bush!
Now, they have to fight it.
Let me repeat: Be careful what you wish for....you may get it!
Let's hope that they understand just how bloody this war is going to get.
Like closing GITMO and bringing troops from Iraq, Pres BO will once again learn that campaigning is always easier than governing.
John writes this:
"Don't get me wrong: we will support the Obama administration's Afghanistan policy wholeheartedly as long as it appears designed to advance our national interests.
But I, personally, am concerned about whether our troops in Afghanistan are being asked to do the impossible, for no clearly articulated reason."
Back in Feburary, I supported Pres BO on Afghanistan:
Our problem is with the Euros:
Every US, UK or Canadian mother with a son in Afghanistan should be furious with the worthless Euros!
Unlike the Dems, we don't play "poll driven" games with national security in this blog!
We understand "the big picture" of defeating Al Qaeda and The Taliban!
At the same time, it has to be done right!
My guess is this:
1) The Dem party will soon start cracking up over Afghanistan, specially if we lose another 48 soldiers as we did in July. (U.S. troops killed in deadliest month of Afghan war)
2) NATO is a mess and the US will have to make up most of the new troops required. (US general may ask for more troops for Afghan war)
They love "hope and change" in Europe but nobody is returning his phone call about sending troops!
Bush didn't care about popularity in Europe. He didn't hesitate to call on the Euros do more.
Is BO tough enough to do that? I don't see any spine on BO's back!
I see lots of narcissism but little toughness.
Back to NATO.
We appreciate the Canadian effort. How much more can they do?
Also, the Brits are doing a great job but public opinion is running high against the war.
3) What is our mission in Afghanistan?
In Iraq, we had a great country mismanaged by Saddam Hussein. Today, Iraq is looking pretty good.
They have an elected PM, multi-party assembly and 4,000 women ran for provincial offices in January! By the way, don't underestimate the influence that Iraq women voting had on all of those women marching in Iran lately!
Iraq is also a critical piece of real estate in the Middle East.
What about Afghanistan? It does not have much of anything and the terrain is awful for an extended land war!
4) I share Amir Taheri's concerns: THE TALIBAN RISING---US SEEMS CLUELESS IN A'STAN
Over the next year, the Afghanistan war debate over here may look a lot like the spring of 2007.
Remember that one? It was the spring when the Dems wanted to pull the plug and Pres Bush and Sen McCain saved our mission.
My biggest fear is this: Can we trust the Dem party to defend our interests? Is Pres BO tough enough to stand up to Nancy Pelosi and the same liberals who forced him to sign that awful stimulus package?
Is Pres BO tough enough to do what Pres Bush and Sen McCain did about Iraq in the spring of 2007?
Let's hope so! My son or your son may be fighting over there soon!
P.S. For a little fun, let's recall what Hillary Clinton (2002) and Al Gore (1992) once said about the connection between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda.
By the way, did former Pres Clinton lied to Hillary about Al Qaeda and Iraq?
Where did she get this information?
Let's watch because this is "a classic Dem profile in poll reading":
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (35)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- My Mexico article was published in Mexico!
- This is crazy: Pres BO stands with Chavez rather t...
- And now for that tax increase in the middle class!...
- Gingrich is right about AG Holder!
- O'Reilly has a good point!
- BO's choice: Do I keep the left happy or do I wor...
- BO at 47% (a.k.a. Cheney is not the only with doub...
- Is Charlie Rangel the latest Dem with a tax proble...
- Chappaquiddick: The other very big chapter in Ted ...
- The Beatles and a song from August 1967!
- A very beautiful Miss Universe from the land of th...
- Israel is not crazy about "hope and change".....wo...
- Rep Diane Watson needs to chat with Dr. Biscet abo...
- Pres BO needs to break with the left or he will ha...
- BO's latest Twilight Zone episode: "Cash for clunk...
- Why are we doing this to Pres Calderon and Mexico?...
- Nancy Pelosi, a woman that Pres BO needs to stay a...
- Hoven is right! "Size is everything" when it com...
- Pres BO can not be on both sides of the CIA invest...
- Pres BO owns the next attack!
- The liberal Wash Post has another message for Pres...
- Remembering Ellie Greenwich's songs!
- Are these the people who ran against Bush's defici...
- We remember Sen Kennedy
- BO and Holder will wreck the CIA!
- Bad polls...higher deficit....very angry left....s...
- Michael Young for AL MVP
- A lot of flying "cuchillos" in Sec Espinosa's depa...
- Yes.......BO Care includes an abortion provision!
- Keep an eye on our Gov Perry in 2012!
- Our first summer NOT buying school supplies!
- Bad summer for BO? Wait until he has to raise tax...
- A song for BO: No taxes and let us keep our privat...
- The economy won't improve until confidence returns...
- To those who couldn't get a ticket to see Paul McC...
- Dear Dems: Stop whining and vote up and down on th...
- BO's projections are US$ 2 trillion wrong?
- It was more fun when BO gave speeches, had zero re...
- A chat with Rep Michael Burgess of Texas!
- A good man is the target of "too many people" reac...
- Some bits and pieces about BO-Care
- The stimulus is stimulating a lot of dissent rathe...
- Its' great to see Ivan Rodriguez back with the Ran...
- Was Hillary Clinton right about BO's lack of tough...
- Enjoy it! We're about to witness a huge Dem dog f...
- Bill Katz on the situation in Afghanistan
- Be careful about inviting Zelaya to Mexico: He may...
- All of the "hype" about change!
- BO needs to stand up to Chavez and support Pres Ur...
- Be careful about electing a Chicago Dem....
- The left is all a sudden rather sensitive!
- Palin put the straw that broke the back of BO-Care...
- Who exactly are the "uninsured" and what to do abo...
- Guess who is angry with BO these days?
- Sec Clinton's remarks AND get ready for a revival ...
- If you voted for BO to close GITMO, get out of Ira...
- BO's world: Talk about human rights in Mexico but ...
- Happy birthday, Jimmy Webb, one of my very favorit...
- Elvis is dead: 32 years ago!
- August 1971: Remembering "How can you mend a broke...
- Palin 1, BO-Care "zero"
- Is Hillary Clinton getting bored?
- Pres BO & the lefty Dems are now Pres Calderon's b...
- Tributes for Les Paul from rockers all over the wo...
- Long list of tributes for the late Les Paul!
- Rangers and Red Sox play a big series this weekend...
- BO is sinking fast....so it's time to go after Lim...
- Les Paul and the electric guitar!
- Why are the Dems whining about townhall meetings?
- Pres BO is playing defense because the numbers don...
- Pres BO is an "error machine" when he is not readi...
- Read Randall Hoven's great article about the US ec...
- Read Bill Katz on the coming crisis in Afghanistan...
- Pres BO is right! The post office is a disaster b...
- Every Dem should read Ed Koch's article about Pres...
- Unemployment? Recession? It's the deficit that m...
- Dear Mexico & Canada: Pres BO punts again because ...
- It was Nancy Pelosi who started all of this "Hitle...
- Afghanistan is getting very ugly!
- BO can't blame the health care debacle on Republic...
- Remembering The Beatles' Revolver, my 2nd favorite...
- What "genius" at the BO White House came up with o...
- BO's agenda is in trouble....how else do you expla...
- Forget BO-Care, "cap & trade" and other fantasies:...
- Why is BO-Care going to cover abortions?
- Dear Pres BO: Most of us like our private sector c...
- I guess that we are all part of "the angry mob" no...
- The "senior factor" in BO-Care
- Thursday's show: A chat with Dr. Eberle of GOP-USA...
- Pres BO's amazing collapse!
- Read Bill Katz post on Pres Truman and Hiroshima!
- Be careful about spending a trillion dollars in 6 ...
- A great column by Mr Laffer about health care
- The left, not the right, is obsessed with the birt...
- Is Mexico watching what the Dem Senate is doing?
- Remember the "clunkers" money?
- Is BO soft? Yes he is!
- BO-Care is in trouble because most of us like our ...
- Beware of voting for the guy who talks pretty and ...
- Tuesday's show: Rick Johnson, Alice Project and th...
- Happy anniversary to my parents!
- BO's ugly and very ugly choices!
- Dear Pres BO: Can you tell us where you really sta...
- BO-econ is the real "clunker" here!
- Taxes: BO and the "yes we can" screamers meet real...
- The young Rangers are fun to watch!
- McCain goes after "hope and change"!
- Can you blame Israel? They are very concerned abo...
- BO, the Dems and the very bloody war of Afghanista...
- Had not heard "12:30" in a long time!
- Birth certificate? It's those darn deficits that ...
- Michael Young's amazing July!
- When will Hillary Clinton resign to spend more tim...
- Kinsellagh is right about BO!
- Romney is right: Why the rush to pass BO-Care?
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)