Friday, March 13, 2009
Trust me: We are not the only ones concerned about Obama!
The staffing mess goes on: Chas Freeman pulls out
Another Treasury nominee dropping out? (ABC NEWS: Another Top Treasury Pick Withdraws From Consideration.)
Speaking of Treasury, where is Sec Geithner's plan?
Didn't we hear during the transition that they were working 24/7 to put a plan together? Wasn't that 100 days ago? (Obama's econ failure: Still no plan to fix the banks)
What's this crazy story all about? (Obama tech appointee office raided; Update: Bribery sting)
Our allies are re-thinking Obama-mania! They didn't realize that Obama-mania came with protectionism! (Brazil's da Silva Warns Against Protectionism)
"He repeatedly says he's doing things that he isn't, trusting his powerful rhetoric to obscure the difference.
He has made "responsibility" a personal theme; the budget's cover line is "A New Era of Responsibility."
He says the budget begins "making the tough choices necessary to restore fiscal discipline."
Last, but not least, Pres Obama spent the last 24 months saying that this was the worst economic crisis since Joan of Arc.
Now, he is saying that things are not as bad as we think. (Economic crisis 'not as bad as we think')
Weren't these the same people who mocked Pres Bush or Sen McCain when they said that the US economy was sound?
Jennifer Rubin has an interesting post today. It is Don’t Blame Me — I Voted for the Other Guy:
"And those presidential poll numbers are certainly floating downward.
Jake Tapper asks if Barack Obama is doing too much.
Howard Fineman complains that “the American establishment is taking his measure and, with surprising swiftness, they are finding him lacking.”
And Camille Paglia unloads on everything from Barack Obama’s incompetent staff to the petty attack on Rush Limbaugh.
Even Tom Friedman has taken to pleading with the president to focus on the plunging markets and financial recovery efforts.
Then there are the conservatives who have become apoplectic and, frankly, entirely reengaged by the fear of a fundamental shift away from the free market system in America."
Alexander Bolton adds Obama's honeymoon bliss fading :
"Some Democrats have started to worry that voters don’t and won’t understand the link between economic revival and Obama’s huge agenda, which includes saving the banking industry, ending home foreclosures, reforming healthcare and developing a national energy policy, among much else."
Why are some people concerened that Pres BO is on the wrong track? It could be that his budget is so unrealistic.
See Who's Obama Kidding? by Brian S. Wesbury and Robert Stein:
"The forecast is rosy from the get-go.
The budget forecasters assumed that the economy would grow at a 3% annual rate starting in April and that real GDP would fall just 1.2% in 2009 from 2008.
Then, from 2010 through 2013, the administration assumes that real GDP will grow at a 4% annual rate.
To put this in perspective, that is twice as fast as the economy's 2% annual rate of growth between 2004 and 2008.
This is not impossible, but the only other periods that came close to this 4% growth rate for such a prolonged period of time were in the late-1990s and mid-1980s.
Forgive us for pointing this out, but both of these periods followed major shifts toward freer markets and tax cuts, not bigger government and tax hikes.
There is no period in U.S. history where tax rates and the size of government both increased, and yet real GDP growth accelerated as sharply as the Obama team forecasts."
So he can't put a team together!
So he is not focusing on the major issue!
So Sec Geithner is still working on a plan!
So the budget forecasts are so rosy that it borders on dreaming!
Yes, we cut Pres Obama a little slack because time are tough.
However, we also think that he is making matters worse.
It's time for Pres BO to declare war on the recession rather than those of us who produce and pay taxes! Or, the polls will continue to drop: Obama's Poll Numbers Are Falling to Earth!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (37)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- Some words of wisdom from Dr Sowell
- Just in case you didn't think that The NY Times "w...
- 4,257 posts! We passed Pete Rose!
- What happened to all of the love?
- We need to seal the border!
- VP Biden to PM Rod-Zap: Thanks for the troops in I...
- Sec Clinton to Mexico: Who painted your virgin?
- It's spring! So let's go to the Ft Worth Botanic ...
- We support Pres BO in Afghanistan! Will the Dems ...
- "The Great Communicator" and his sense of humor!
- Happy birthday to Diana Ross
- Thurs show: Mexico, the deficits and abortion!
- Blaming Bush for BO's deficits is not working!
- Update on "Hope and change" and the "screamers"
- Dear Mexicans: Don't listen to what they say, watc...
- Dear Sec Clinton: Don't smile and stab Mexico in t...
- Yes, I want Pres BO to fail. Why would I want thi...
- Milwood and Padilla are the key to the 2009 season...
- Your Tuesday morning humor will make you laugh and...
- President Abortion is off and running!
- Are these the same people who used to "preach" abo...
- Gov Perry wants troops on the border and he is rig...
- A very bad week for Pres BO!
- Pres BO and the Dems should "abide by or get out" ...
- Happy birthday to Neil Sedaka, great performer and...
- Had not heard "Solitaire" in a long time!
- Deficits mean that Pres BO's expansion of governme...
- Did "Hope and change" start a trade war over 97 Me...
- Your weekend marriage counseling videos!
- Pres BO and the Dems love our allies, unless they ...
- 6 years later: The amazing story of Iraq!
- Shouldn't Pres BO tell us about the "expansion" of...
- Dear Pres BO: How is that trade war with Mexico go...
- Thursday's show: Brandi Chambless talks about the ...
- Will Pres BO & Sen Dodd give up their AIG money?
- Dear Pres BO: Listen to Coach K!
- Dear Pres BO: Alexander Hamilton would have read ...
- AIG bonus? Pres BO & Dems need to come clean and ...
- We love it! Mexico gives Pelosi a taste of her ow...
- Mexico has reasons to be very concerned about Pres...
- Speaker Pelosi is out of line with her immigration...
- Remember the stimulus bill?
- What happens when you don't read a bill? You get ...
- Obama White House: Too much Limbaugh rather than s...
- Pres Obama should listen to Gov Romney on the AIG ...
- And you want these guys running health care?
- The Dems show no respect for Mexico and/or NAFTA!
- Team USA got me excited about the WBC!
- A trade war with Mexico?
- When will Pres Obama stop all of the "phony" AIG o...
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Roger Mailhot about US...
- We remember Nat King Cole!
- Did Sec Geithner know about the AIG bonuses?
- Mexico is right about the trucks!
- Why would Raul Castro allow Russian planes to land...
- A word about Ron Silver
- Your Monday night humor: It's funny but it's not r...
- Great to see Reggie Smith, batting coach Team USA
- Go Aggies in The March Madness
- And on the 53rd day, he said that the economy was ...
- President Teleprompter!
- Lula to Obama: Free trade, free trade and free tr...
- Rain and more songs about rain!
- Keep GITMO open!
- Some amazing numbers about the war in Mexico!
- Trust me: We are not the only ones concerned about...
- A word about Mike Modano
- Rain!!! My umbrella and listening to The Cowsills!...
- Thursday's show: A conversation with Brandi Chambl...
- Romney stands out
- Obama broke a campaign promise about "earmarks" an...
- If you are coming to Dallas....bring an umbrella!
- How political is the BO White House?
- Will Pres Obama ever put a team together?
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Allan Wall about Mexic...
- Bring Guy back to Dallas!
- A "Mexico boycott" is a very bad idea (for both of...
- The Twilight Zone: The markets are tanking, Geithn...
- Obama's war on those who pay taxes!
- What's all of this about Pres BO's hair turning wh...
- "Tax the rich" will kill jobs not rich people!
- The Limbaugh Distraction # 3: Where was the outrag...
- Congratulations to ESPN for the Joe DiMaggio tribu...
- The great Limbaugh distraction is all about changi...
- Earth to "yes we can" screamers!
- Gingrich has the right idea
- BO is not ready (and we are not the only ones sayi...
- Pres BO's choice: Help poor black kids or carry th...
- March 1969 and lots of CCR on the radio!
- Obama doesn't have a clue of how difficult this jo...
- Your weekend reading: Krauthammer looks into "hope...
- The Stars really miss Morrow!
- Cheers for Texas A&M baseball!
- Andruw Jones could be a huge addition to the Range...
- Why was Pres Obama so rude to PM Brown?
- Pres BO needs to get over Limbaugh and start gover...
- Are markets scared of Obama?
- Dear Pres BO: Stop pretending!
- Thursday's show: A chat with Rick Moran!
- Get well Barbara Bush!
- Remembering Patsy Cline
- The Obama White House vs a private citizen
- BDS: "The Bush Memos" is the latest episode!
- Why $900 million for Hamas? Give it to Mexico!
- On Iran and Russia, Pres BO is projecting weakness...
- Red state Dems freaking out over Pres BO's spendin...
- Wed morning humor: Rangel and Geithner preaching a...
- How can Pres BO sign this "porky bill"?
- Attacking Limbaugh is better than talking about Ob...
- The stock market is like Dickens' "Ghost of Christ...
- Your Tuesday night humor: The Obama administration...
- Another Dem with tax problems?
- Paul Harvey and "The Philadelphia Story"
- The markets are dropping! Geither is MIA! So Obam...
- BO's bad decision for Mexico!
- Monday morning humor: Snow and the global warming ...
- Hug a "yes we can screamer" because BO is going to...
- We like Canada's PM Harper!
- Pres Hysteria wants you to think that it's 1933......
- BO's deficits!
- Obama is "class warfare"
- Romney wins the CPAC straw poll
- Make sure you catch Rush Limbaugh's speech!
- Another word on Pres Obama and Iraq!
- When is Pres Obama going to say something about Me...
- I will miss Paul Harvey
- "Rubber Soul", the best Beatles' album!
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)