Sunday, March 01, 2009

I will miss Paul Harvey


Just heard that Paul Harvey died.

I understand that he was 90 although his voice was young as ever!

Like most baby-boomers, we grew up listening to Paul Harvey. He also had a TV show but I never caught it.

His amazing voice came out of the radio at 7:30 every morning and later in the "Rest of the story" series.

I loved "Rest of the story". It was radio and story telling at its best. Harvey had some excellent research for that show. He always had an interesting story to share,

Paul Harvey had been ill for a while. He had several people fill in for him during the last few months.

Harvey's voice will be missed.

I loved his positive view of the world.

No "doom and gloom" from Mr. Harvey!

Last but not least, who can ever forget his signature "good day" at the end of the 7:30 am show!

video

No one spoke more eloquently about 9-11 than Paul Harvey. This is one of my all time favorites, the story of that mural:

video

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

MY BOOK: CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

Search This Blog

Loading...