Monday, March 02, 2009
Hug a "yes we can screamer" because BO is going to break a lot of campaign promises!
On Friday, Pres BO said some amazing things about Iraq. He sounded a lot like Sen McCain or Pres Bush!
I guess that's what happens when you are speaking to US Marines rather than "yes we can screamers".
During the campaign, candidate Obama was great at telling people what they wanted to hear.
Let's look at Iraq. See Steve Chapman:
"Barack Obama opposed the war in Iraq from the outset, promised to bring our troops home in short order and criticized John McCain for his "stubborn refusal to end this misguided war."
Without his stance against the war, he would not have won the Democratic nomination and he would not have won the election.
But the meaning of his speech Friday at Camp Lejeune is that we shouldn't have believed him."
I will go further.
Can you believe BO saying anything like that during the campaign or debates?
He would have faced a "yes we can" temper tantrum!
Let's look at GITMO.
I will you bet a coffee today that Pres BO does not close GITMO.
Let's look at all of that talk about "human rights":
Abe Greenwald has a good post today about candidate Obama vs President Obama:
"Michael Barone is not overstating the case when he writes:
One arrow in the quiver of American foreign policy has been our pressing — sometimes sotto voce (as in the Helsinki Accords), sometimes in opera buffa (”Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”) — tyrannical regimes to honor human rights.
Hillary Clinton has put that arrow over her knee, broken it in two and thrown it away.
Barone is referring to Clinton’s blunt announcement to the Chinese that the U.S. is not in the Human Rights business these days." (Done with Human Rights)
Human rights was for the "yes we can" screamers.
Reality is for grown ups!
You see the Chinese own a lot of our T-Bills.
We can't preach "human rights" to people who own our public debt.
Of course, we saw the same thing in 1992 when candidate Clinton, the one married to our Sec of State, beat up the first Pres Bush over China.
What did he do after winning the election?
He did two things.
He followed Pres. Bush's policy.
He went further than Pres Bush: Clinton signs China trade deal!
Last, but not least, there is Afghanistan, where Pres BO will face a lot of problems within his own party.
Did you notice that Pres Obama just sent 17,000 troops to Afghanistan with a press release?
No TV speech, as Pres Bush did with the surge.
No speech to Congress. No speech before Congress requesting an enhanced resolution about the Afghan war.
Where is the Dem outrage? Isn't Pres Obama expanding the war?
Eleanor Clift has a question: Liberals are more than pleased with President Obama so far. But could his Iraq and Afghanistan plans jeopardize the love?
Go out and hug "a yes we can screamer".
Pres BO is in the White House now. He is responsible for our national security.
The "yes we can" rock concert is over. It's time for the "yes we can" screamers to go home, drink their milk and listen to their parents complain about how the "rich", i.e. all of us, will pay for Obama's expansion of government.
P.S. Here is the moral of the story: Beware of Dems telling you what you want to hear. They are usually telling you what you want to hear rather previewing what they will do after the election!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (15)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- Some words of wisdom from Dr Sowell
- Just in case you didn't think that The NY Times "w...
- 4,257 posts! We passed Pete Rose!
- What happened to all of the love?
- We need to seal the border!
- VP Biden to PM Rod-Zap: Thanks for the troops in I...
- Sec Clinton to Mexico: Who painted your virgin?
- It's spring! So let's go to the Ft Worth Botanic ...
- We support Pres BO in Afghanistan! Will the Dems ...
- "The Great Communicator" and his sense of humor!
- Happy birthday to Diana Ross
- Thurs show: Mexico, the deficits and abortion!
- Blaming Bush for BO's deficits is not working!
- Update on "Hope and change" and the "screamers"
- Dear Mexicans: Don't listen to what they say, watc...
- Dear Sec Clinton: Don't smile and stab Mexico in t...
- Yes, I want Pres BO to fail. Why would I want thi...
- Milwood and Padilla are the key to the 2009 season...
- Your Tuesday morning humor will make you laugh and...
- President Abortion is off and running!
- Are these the same people who used to "preach" abo...
- Gov Perry wants troops on the border and he is rig...
- A very bad week for Pres BO!
- Pres BO and the Dems should "abide by or get out" ...
- Happy birthday to Neil Sedaka, great performer and...
- Had not heard "Solitaire" in a long time!
- Deficits mean that Pres BO's expansion of governme...
- Did "Hope and change" start a trade war over 97 Me...
- Your weekend marriage counseling videos!
- Pres BO and the Dems love our allies, unless they ...
- 6 years later: The amazing story of Iraq!
- Shouldn't Pres BO tell us about the "expansion" of...
- Dear Pres BO: How is that trade war with Mexico go...
- Thursday's show: Brandi Chambless talks about the ...
- Will Pres BO & Sen Dodd give up their AIG money?
- Dear Pres BO: Listen to Coach K!
- Dear Pres BO: Alexander Hamilton would have read ...
- AIG bonus? Pres BO & Dems need to come clean and ...
- We love it! Mexico gives Pelosi a taste of her ow...
- Mexico has reasons to be very concerned about Pres...
- Speaker Pelosi is out of line with her immigration...
- Remember the stimulus bill?
- What happens when you don't read a bill? You get ...
- Obama White House: Too much Limbaugh rather than s...
- Pres Obama should listen to Gov Romney on the AIG ...
- And you want these guys running health care?
- The Dems show no respect for Mexico and/or NAFTA!
- Team USA got me excited about the WBC!
- A trade war with Mexico?
- When will Pres Obama stop all of the "phony" AIG o...
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Roger Mailhot about US...
- We remember Nat King Cole!
- Did Sec Geithner know about the AIG bonuses?
- Mexico is right about the trucks!
- Why would Raul Castro allow Russian planes to land...
- A word about Ron Silver
- Your Monday night humor: It's funny but it's not r...
- Great to see Reggie Smith, batting coach Team USA
- Go Aggies in The March Madness
- And on the 53rd day, he said that the economy was ...
- President Teleprompter!
- Lula to Obama: Free trade, free trade and free tr...
- Rain and more songs about rain!
- Keep GITMO open!
- Some amazing numbers about the war in Mexico!
- Trust me: We are not the only ones concerned about...
- A word about Mike Modano
- Rain!!! My umbrella and listening to The Cowsills!...
- Thursday's show: A conversation with Brandi Chambl...
- Romney stands out
- Obama broke a campaign promise about "earmarks" an...
- If you are coming to Dallas....bring an umbrella!
- How political is the BO White House?
- Will Pres Obama ever put a team together?
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Allan Wall about Mexic...
- Bring Guy back to Dallas!
- A "Mexico boycott" is a very bad idea (for both of...
- The Twilight Zone: The markets are tanking, Geithn...
- Obama's war on those who pay taxes!
- What's all of this about Pres BO's hair turning wh...
- "Tax the rich" will kill jobs not rich people!
- The Limbaugh Distraction # 3: Where was the outrag...
- Congratulations to ESPN for the Joe DiMaggio tribu...
- The great Limbaugh distraction is all about changi...
- Earth to "yes we can" screamers!
- Gingrich has the right idea
- BO is not ready (and we are not the only ones sayi...
- Pres BO's choice: Help poor black kids or carry th...
- March 1969 and lots of CCR on the radio!
- Obama doesn't have a clue of how difficult this jo...
- Your weekend reading: Krauthammer looks into "hope...
- The Stars really miss Morrow!
- Cheers for Texas A&M baseball!
- Andruw Jones could be a huge addition to the Range...
- Why was Pres Obama so rude to PM Brown?
- Pres BO needs to get over Limbaugh and start gover...
- Are markets scared of Obama?
- Dear Pres BO: Stop pretending!
- Thursday's show: A chat with Rick Moran!
- Get well Barbara Bush!
- Remembering Patsy Cline
- The Obama White House vs a private citizen
- BDS: "The Bush Memos" is the latest episode!
- Why $900 million for Hamas? Give it to Mexico!
- On Iran and Russia, Pres BO is projecting weakness...
- Red state Dems freaking out over Pres BO's spendin...
- Wed morning humor: Rangel and Geithner preaching a...
- How can Pres BO sign this "porky bill"?
- Attacking Limbaugh is better than talking about Ob...
- The stock market is like Dickens' "Ghost of Christ...
- Your Tuesday night humor: The Obama administration...
- Another Dem with tax problems?
- Paul Harvey and "The Philadelphia Story"
- The markets are dropping! Geither is MIA! So Obam...
- BO's bad decision for Mexico!
- Monday morning humor: Snow and the global warming ...
- Hug a "yes we can screamer" because BO is going to...
- We like Canada's PM Harper!
- Pres Hysteria wants you to think that it's 1933......
- BO's deficits!
- Obama is "class warfare"
- Romney wins the CPAC straw poll
- Make sure you catch Rush Limbaugh's speech!
- Another word on Pres Obama and Iraq!
- When is Pres Obama going to say something about Me...
- I will miss Paul Harvey
- "Rubber Soul", the best Beatles' album!
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)