Saturday, February 14, 2009
Hooray for the House Republicans!
As expected, the bill was approved with no Republican votes.
Again, we are very proud of each and everyone of the Republican members in the House.
By the way, 6 or 7 Democrats voted no, too! They didn't want to vote for 1,073 Pages either!
My guess is that a few other Dems wanted to vote no, too. (Congressman: 'We all cast our votes with one hand and crossed our fingers with the other'... )
How can this be a stimulus bill when so much of the money won't have an impact in 2009?
According to POLITICO:
"Final estimates by the Congressional Budget Office, released Friday, peg the total cost at $787.2 billion, 74% of which will be pumped into the economy in 18 months and 91% by October 2011.
An estimated $287 billion would be distributed in the form of tax cuts, including a $116 billion tax break to offset payroll taxes for working families worth $400 per individual and $800 for couples.
Another $150 billion is targeted toward infrastructure, running from highway and transit construction to the expansion of broadband and new investments in renewable energy.
And for families who have lost their jobs, the bill promises increased unemployment benefits and a 10% increase in food stamp benefits."
Wasn't Republican House Leader John Boehner great? He kept the party together and said this before the vote:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (29)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- Chapter 2: What Pres Hysteria Obama could learn fr...
- Pres BO won't say "victory" or thanks to Pres Bush...
- Robin Hood stole from the rich; Pres Obama will ta...
- Can some Dems finally "grow up" about Iraq?
- BO's war on "the rich" and business!
- Are these the same people who ran against Bush's d...
- Pres BO talks and the markets drop!
- 20 years of Jerry Jones!
- The speech: No mention of Mexico or our escalatin...
- 2009: The "yes we can screamers" declare war on ta...
- President's speech was articulate but expensive!
- Tuesday's show: A border war update with Alfredo C...
- Is Pres Obama talking too much?
- Trust me! Most Dems are privately scared to death...
- Creepy porky stuff!
- What will Pres Obama say about Bill Ayers now?
- New military campaign in Iraq?
- How will the market react to BO's second month?
- How in the world did BO graduate from this corrupt...
- Maureen Dowd hits Pres Obama?
- Beatriz and I at the Republican dinner!
- So far, the investors are not into "hope and chang...
- President Washington, the first and still the grea...
- 30 years ago: Spirits having flown!
- What could "President Crisis" learn from "Presiden...
- You can't shoot monkeys anymore!
- BO's "double talk" in Canada is BS-101!
- The "let me tell you what you want to hear" Obama!...
- They adore BO so much but they won't send troops!
- Now they tell us that the stimulus won't work!
- Thursday's show: A chat with Bill Katz
- Happy # 69 to Smokey Robinson, great songwriter an...
- How can the economy be projected down after the st...
- Does BO want to be president or does he want to pl...
- Obama talks and the market drops!
- Corruption and the Dems of Chicago!
- Pope to Nancy: Catholics choose life (even if you ...
- Dear BO: Tell the Dems (not the Canadians) to chan...
- Guess who is saying that Obama will be like Bush?
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Daniel from Venezuela!...
- Has Chicago finally caught up with Dems?
- Why should we support something that won't work?
- When will "hope and change" call McCain for a job ...
- Can things get any funnier in Illinois?
- What's this nonsense about Obama creating jobs?
- President's Day: Pres Hayes and Paraguay
- Lots of kissing in Mexico City!
- A very "porky" Congressional weekend for the Dems ...
- So now Mr. Broder tells us!
- We are still waiting for the world's "feminists" t...
- I don't want to hear one Dem talk about the Bush d...
- A word about Beverly Eckert
- Will "hope and change" and the Dems start a "trade...
- Will Pres Obama tell us about Sen Reid and the tra...
- 45 years ago this week: The Beatles on "The Ed Sul...
- Obama's rhetoric, NOT THE ECONOMY, is the our prob...
- Hooray for the House Republicans!
- Sorry to hear of Estelle Bennett's death
- Happy Valentine's Day: I hope that your wife still...
- Where is the media? No one has read this bill!
- Thursday's show: A chat with Rick Johnson about hi...
- Remembering the 1982 recession with a song!
- Dear Mr. Selig: It's time to put Hank Aaron on the...
- The Dallas Mornings News got it right on the "stim...
- A federal budget deficit like no other!
- Remembering Pres Abraham Lincoln (1809-2009)
- Where in the world is this lady's family?
- The Geithner bust!
- Pres BO's "doom and gloom" plus Sec Geithner's lac...
- Tuesday's show: More on the stimulus proposal
- Pres "Free Lunch" will send you the bill eventuall...
- Hot Air 101: Didn't Obama vote for the "deficit" h...
- Everybody is watching Mexico and hoping for the be...
- What's on this stimulus program? Why the urgency?...
- Where was BO in 1973 or 1982? Indonesia or the US...
- "Hope and change" needs to start governing rather ...
- A brave Cuban blogger who understands what a polic...
- What was ARod thinking?
- "Hope and change" is protectionism to Mexico and C...
- Music from the very young Gibb brothers!
- "Carterville 2009" starring Barrack Obama and Nanc...
- Another word on the Iraq election
- Jordan Shipley was a "one-man highlights film"!
- Why is BO blaming Republicans because Senate Dems ...
- Let Pres BO and the Dems own each and every dollar...
- Should every Dem be audited?
- Remembering Pres Reagan!
- Remembering Babe Ruth!
- Is Pres BO losing it?
- Has "hope and change" crashed into an IRS billboar...
- Happy # 75 to Hank Aaron!
- Happy # 67 to Roger Staubach
- O'Reilly is right and The NY Times is lying again!...
- Tom Daschle had to go!
- "Hope and change" needs to get its act together!
- The Carter-ization of Obama is scary!
- 6 plus 8 is 14 kids born out of wedlock!
- 50 years ago: The day that "music died"
- Obama and the new reality in Iraq
- Feeling good (at last) about the Rangers!
- How to balance the budget? Get Obama's appointmen...
- Is Pres Obama tough enough? We will see very soon...
- Hello world: Free trade is in trouble because of y...
- Can you believe this catch?
- We oppose this bill because we can't afford its de...
- Blago has a lot of talking to do!
- The Steelers will win the Super Bowl!
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)