Wednesday, December 31, 2008
On CNN's "Lou Dobbs Tonight" recently, Jay Lehr, a senior fellow and science director at the Heartland Institute, was asked by the host what he considered the dominant influence on Earth's climate.
"Well, clearly, Lou, it is the sun," Lehr answered, adding that "if we go back in really recorded human history; in the 13th century, we were probably seven degrees Fahrenheit warmer than we are now."
Lehr considers global cooling to be the real threat, part of a natural pattern as we continue coming out of a period known as the Little Ice Age.
"If we go back to the Revolutionary War, 300 years ago," he said, "it was very, very cold. We've been warming out of that cold spell from the Revolutionary War period. And now we're back into a cooling cycle."
The Associated Press claims that the 10 warmest years on record have occurred since Bill Clinton's second inaugural. But after it was discovered that NASA's James Hansen, Gore's chief scientific ally, had been fudging the numbers, the agency was forced to correct its data.
The 10 warmest years turn out to be, in descending order: 1934, 1998, 1921, 2006, 1931, 1999, 1953, 1990, 1938 and 1939.
If there's a trend there, we don't see it. So is global warming man-made and an imminent danger? As the snow falls in Vegas, don't bet on it."
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Better than that, Laura Bush has done so much to promote women's rights in the Middle East:Laura Bush was nominated for Texan of the Year. She deserved it.
Again, Laura Bush quietly worked very hard to promote women's rights in places where women do not have rights:
"In Africa, she met with Ghanan mothers involved in a nutritional program for underweight children. Later, she helped raise money for one woman who lost a child.
She and daughter Jenna also sat in a semi-circle with Zambian women who had tested positive for HIV and their caregivers.
She met there with young rape victims, one of whom was raising her siblings after her parents had died.
In Afghanistan, she traveled to a rural province to meet the nation's only female governor, walking arm-in-arm to show support.
Big brass would rarely visit such a poor province.
America's first lady did, meeting entrepreneurs, attending a school run by the U.S./Afghan Women's Council and visiting children who had been orphaned by the Taliban's savagery.
In Saudi Arabia, she met victims of breast cancer, a disease the kingdom considers taboo.
She met survivors secluded in a pink tent, where they gather privately to share experiences.
Her visit had a Betty Ford-like quality, encouraging women to get treatment for a disease they were ashamed to discuss.
A latter-day Betty Ford is, in fact, a good way to describe Mrs. Bush.
She's a traditional wife in a Republican family.
But she used her position to bring attention to difficult problems."
""The accounts don't square up," he said. "You have to act with realism and adjust the dreams to the true possibilities," said Castro, who officially replaced his ailing older brother Fidel Castro as president in February.
Monday, December 29, 2008
That truth is that Kennedy is not ready for the job and doesn't deserve it. Somebody who loves her should tell her.
"Where did your long hair go
Where is the girl I used to know
How could you lose that happy glow
Oh, caroline no
Who took that look away
I remember how you used to say
Youd never change,
but thats not true
Oh, caroline you
Break my heart I want to go and cry
Its so sad to watch a sweet thing die
Oh, caroline why
Could I ever find in you again
Things that made me love you so much then
Could we ever bring em back once they have gone
Oh, caroline no"
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
- ► 2016 (1919)
- ► 2015 (1196)
- ► 2014 (899)
- ► 2013 (838)
- ► 2012 (556)
- ► 2011 (839)
- ► 2010 (846)
- ► 2009 (1337)
- The Cuban tragedy started 50 years ago tonight!
- How does "the party of little people" replace its ...
- 2008: It was a very bad year for The NY Times!
- 2009: Be careful with your predictions!
- 2008: We lost Cachao
- 2008: The Rangers were a disappointment again!
- 2008: It was a bad year for Al Gore
- Bill Katz, our favorite blogger in 2008
- 2008: The Tampa Bay Rays were the big sports story...
- Can it get any crazier in Illinois?
- 2008: We are very proud of Laura Bush's work!
- Will Obama be forced to bring back the draft?
- 2008: A very bad year for the global warming fanat...
- 2008: The Castro brothers are still wrecking Cuba!...
- The incredible Clinton money machine
- Can someone tell Caroline to step aside?
- Obama and the Iraq war
- It will take a long time to get over this Cowboys'...
- 2008: Dr. Murano is our choice for Texan of the Ye...
- It's great to see Modano win one for the Stars!
- For some, BO is already the next Abe!
- Israel has a right to defend itself!
- 2008 was a tough year for Mexico
- Obama and the reverends!
- Have you heard any Dems contradict VP Cheney?
- Global warming snowed out!
- The Mavs are quietly winning!
- Are the Stars finally ready to roll?
- Christmas 2008: So proud of our troops in Iraq!
- We wish you a Merry Christmas!
- BO's internal report!
- President Bush and Brian's mom!
- Great for AJ, Tex and CC but VERY BAD for baseball...
- Why dump this report at 4:30 pm on Dec 23rd?
- Am I the only one who thinks that Dallas can beat ...
- Merry Christmas and "thank you's" to all of the mi...
- Rush Limbaugh's killer quote about BO and Clark Ke...
- Uncle Jose passed away today
- The professor and global warming
- Tony Romo has another chance in Philadelphia
- I am ready to join the global cooling movement!
- Happy # 59 to Robin Gibb
- Bush bashing at The NY Times hits a new low!
- Let her stay as "Sweet Caroline"!
- Clinton's millions!
- What a horrible way to close Texas Stadium
- Tom Landry, great coach and WW2 hero
- Remembering Dock Ellis
- Happy # 65 to Keith Richards
- Today, the Cowboys play their last game at Texas S...
- Bush has responsibly moved the ball forward
- Bill Clinton's cash is Hillary's nightmare and Oba...
- Illinois in desperate need of an adult!
- It snows everytime that Al Gore talks about global...
- Our sympathies to the Weyrich family
- I voted for McCain and.....
- Can the Blago story get any crazier?
- Like so much else, BO is finding that the "torture...
- Remembering George Harrison
- What info does Blago have on his critics?
- The "shoe" and the crazy left
- A little ice on our roads
- The UAW needs a dose of reality
- Share this one with the "doom and gloom" crowd
- The weekend's killer quote!
- Cowboys' defense shows up big time!
- And they call this a guy a journalist?
- Keep my uncle Jose in your prayers!
- The wonderful Seekers from Australia!
- Obama and Chicago
- It's confirmed
- Does Obama understand the perils of Afghanistan?
- Let's talk Chicago with Rick Moran
- Dear Media: No more questions about the family pup...
- Gov-Blago, Mrs-Blago, one party rule and those con...
- Abortion gives Obama a chance to make up with the ...
- Blame the voters!
- Why did so many Dems sleep poorly last night?
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Adrianna Boyne
- Did Obama know that his "seat" was up for sale?
- How do we get Hispanics to vote Republican in 2012...
- A fun "what if" about Obama!
- No auto bailout!
- What a heartbreaker in Pittsburgh!
- A very ugly and corrupt 50-year old revolution!
- Greg Maddux was a spectacular pitcher
- Obama knows that this is a center-right country
- A lot to be proud of in Iraq!
- In Europe, and over here, BO is starting to look a...
- Got 23 minutes? You will love this interview!
- Raul Castro does not like critics either!
- Pres Bush & Mrs. Bush will return to Dallas
- Don't let all of the "doom and gloom" spoil your w...
- Thursday's show: A chat with Jack Kelly about nati...
- The Dems are about to get a reality check with the...
- Obama, Iraq and The NY Times
- How many times can Obama change his mind?
- The Republican Senators should force Eric Holder t...
- Obama missed a great opportunity to help the DC pu...
- How long can Bill Clinton stay away from microphon...
- ▼ December (108)
- ► 2007 (1146)
- ► 2006 (1040)
- ► 2005 (394)