Tuesday, September 30, 2008
141 plus 66 does not get you to 218!
No one did! The Dems, the majority party, want no part of governing. Govern? Not this bunch!
P.S. Where is Barrack Obama? He could call on his party, the same one that has a congressional majority, and tell them to pass this proposal. They have 230 of the necessary 218 votes!
Obama could show some leadership and tell his party to stop reading polls and vote for the bailout. Of course, this is the same Obama who sat in Rev. Wright's church but did not hear anything for 20 years!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Wonder why these guys are at such low approval? The RCP average is 18%!
In other words, the Dem majority can't govern.
On this bailout, the Dems exercised zero leadership. They had the votes but were afraid to put anything down on paper.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
The regular season is over for the Rangers. They lost their last game.
They finished second but 20 games behind the Angels.
Pitching, pitching and pitching. Kevin Milwood, the #1 starter, was very ineffective because of injuries. Vicente Padilla was good but you can't win with one starter. The 3rd and 4th starters were unreliable. In the end, the lack of quality starts burned out the bullpen.
The hitting was good. The Rangers scored a lot of runs. Unfortunately, they gave up more!
How can we improve the Rangers in 2009?
The infield is set. Blalock had a great September after a long time on the disabled list. Kinsler hit .319 but missed the last 3 weeks. Young is Michael Young. Davis is a wonderful young player with lots of upside.
The outfield includes Josh Hamilton. I don't mind counting on Milton Bradley if he can stay healthy. Bradley can also DH.
I would move Hamilton to RF and trade for a leadoff hitter who can play center field, such as Tom Goodwin and Darryl Hamilton back in the late 90s.
The catcher position is pretty good. The organization is very deep in catching. I think that Gerard Laird could be moved for some pitching.
How do you get pitching? It's too expensive to pick up free agent pitchers. Also, who is out there anyway?
Sabathia? Sheets? My guess is that they will be back with Milwaukee, specially if the Brewers go deep in the playoffs.
What about pitching? I think that you have to bite the bullet and continue developing young arms like Feldman and Harrison.
Can the Rangers be competitive in 2009? I think that they can be competitive if Milwood and Padilla pitch full seasons. It will be tough to catch the Angels but the Rangers could be more competitive.
P.S. The Rangers' highlight moment was Josh Hamilton at the Home Run Derby. It was fun to watch all of those long range missiles:
Saturday, September 27, 2008
It was very good for McCain on foreign policy. At times, Obama looked so weak that it was embarrassing.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (37)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- The Dems have 230 of the 218 votes needed to pass ...
- The best and worst of our Congress!
- The Cowboys are not perfect! They're 3-1!
- The House Republicans made it a much better plan!
- Sabathia and Braun make it a perfect Sunday aftern...
- Another tough season for the Rangers!
- The Obama whining and The First Amendment!
- 40 years later and still a great song!
- The Brewers playing well when it counts!
- The mess and how we got into it!
- The first debate!
- When will someone call for Sen. Dodd to step aside...
- Thursday's show: A chat about Mexico!
- The phone rings at 3am....McCain answers and BO hi...
- Executive pay? How about Dem cronies?
- Pres. Bush made a fine presentation!
- When will The NY Times stop running "free" front p...
- A great message for Catholics!
- The bailout is the only option today!
- The Dems are scaring your grandmother again!
- Will the Dems hold hearings anytime soon?
- Are the 3-0 Cowboys this good?
- You gotta love the Rays!
- Thank you God! Thank you for Yankee Stadium!
- Does Obama understand what's going on in Latin Ame...
- Remembering Buddy Holly!
- Beware of doom and gloom: It's all about getting h...
- Let's chat with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda!
- Glad to see McCain going after BO on Fannie Mae!
- How about an independent prosecutor?
- Is Obama getting a little "desesperado"?
- Obama needs to admit his Iraq mistakes!
- I don't get it! What's partisan about supporting ...
- Derek Jeter is great!
- Barrack "Freddie-Fannie" Obama
- Cuba and the hurricanes!
- We need "common sense" not more reforms!
- PART 2: The NY Times in total meltdown over Palin
- No more bailouts period!
- Funny woman but not much between the ears!
- Trust me. Chavez is in trouble!
- How do you cut taxes for people who don't pay taxe...
- Confirmed: The NY Times has the early signs of PDS...
- The Dems are not having any fun since they took ov...
- Happy # 62 to Barry Gibb!
- Confirmed: Palin Derangement Syndrome has overwhel...
- The "media in the tank for BO" is in the process o...
- Obama is really getting desperate by attacking McC...
- What Obama economics has done to Europe!
- France must be one of the 57 states!
- "Hope and change" needs a new seal!
- New House numbers has the Dems "freaking out about...
- We have a name for all of this "freaking out about...
- Just how qualified is Gov. Sarah Palin?
- Guess what? The NY Times thinks that Gov. Palin la...
- BO is not ready for the major leagues!
- We have not been attacked since 9-11
- "Freaking out over Sarah", part 2
- Obama needs to come clean about his radical Chicag...
- Laugh with me! The Dems are still running against...
- A great one about the angry left
- Memo to Dems: Please, please, please continue att...
- McCain has blown a big hole in Obama's balloon!
- Obama-economics is bad for Mexico and Latin Americ...
- Is "wimpy" haunting the Dems again?
- When will Obama say that he almost became a Republ...
- What the left doesn't understand about conservativ...
- Are the Cowboys this good?
- Hamilton looking like an MVP to me!
- What Rudy-G said in St. Paul about the Dems and te...
- Hello 2008 Cowboys: Remembering Coach Landry and R...
- The Brewers are looking good!
- What "genius" decided to trash US flags in Denver?...
- The angry feminists go from wacko to silly to stup...
- It was a good week for McCain-Palin!
- The McCain speech
- Obama said what about the surge?
- A chat with Randall Hoven!
- My favorite 10 seconds from the Palin speech!
- Some in the media have a lot of explaining to do!
- Joe Lieberman is the real Democrat!
- The lady hit a home run!
- Live from the convention!
- Is BO tough enough to tell the left wing blogs to ...
- The Hysterical Dem party!
- Very ugly attacks on the Palin family
- It's amazing what a competent governor can do!
- Success in Iraq!
- Get over the VPs! This is McCain vs Obama!
- BO forgot to say that we have not been attacked si...
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)