Sunday, August 31, 2008
The Beatles were the greatest rock band. Unfortunately, they broke up in 1970 and we've been playing old stuff ever since. McCartney had a great solo career. Lennon did OK and was killed just as he was coming back to the charts. Harrison and Starr had limited solo careers.
The Rolling Stones are a different story. They are still going.
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts are still in the band. Bill Wyman retired a couple of years ago. Brian Jones died in 1969. He was replaced by Ron Wood and Mick Taylor.
Bottom line: The Rolling Stones are the longest running band of the rock era.
My first choice is one of the early tunes: "It's all over now"
My second choice is "Ruby Tuesday", a rare ballad:
My third selection is "Jumpin' Jack Flash", one of the Top 5 greatest rock songs ever:
This is a bonus selection. In 1989, The Rolling Stones released "Steel Wheels", their best album since "Exile in Main Street". This is "Mixed emotions"
How much longer can The Rolling Stones go? I don't know. They look like a bunch of grandfathers doing rock! I guess that they will go on as long as they do great stuff like "A rock and a hard place":
Saturday, August 30, 2008
The Obama campaign can not react to these ads. How do you react to 'celebrity" ads when your candidate is nothing but a celebrity?
How do you take seriously a presidential candidate who zero managerial experience? Obama has never even been a nighttime shift supervisor at a local 7-11!
The second play was the interview at Rick Warren's church. McCain was crisp and Obama looked like a man weighing every word:
The third play was putting Gov. Palin on the ticket.
The McCain staff is now exposing the Dems' biggest wound. Obama has a 'woman problem"! Obama has a woman problem with women over 40! The problem did not get better in Denver despite all of the "hope and change"!
The Obama team is in shock:
"Hope and change" doesn't work anymore. It certainly doesn't work before a general election audience.
"Tax the rich" worked in front of silly college students. It doesn't work in a general election when the parents (i.e. taxpayers) are paying attention.
Americans are smart enough to know that you can not give a tax cut to 95% of the population by taxing the other 5%.
It's class warfare nonsense!
"Get out of Iraq" was a great line back in Iowa. He is now saying that he will get out "responsibly", which is a word game! Obama is not going to do withdraw troops from Iraq because he doesn't want to blow up the region.
In the end, Obama played with the anti-war movement. He told them what they wanted to hear back in Iowa and New Hampshire. Now, he has to deal with the real world consequences of such promises.
McCain doesn't have an Iraq War problem. McCain's position was clear.
He was for the war when it was very popular and every Dem rushed to the microphone to vote for it.
He called for a change in strategy when the war was very unpopular and the Dems said that it was lost.
He is also for the war now that the public is turning around and supporting the surge! (Confidence in War on Terror and Iraq at Highest Level Ever)
Obama, the anti-war candidate, doesn't talk about Iraq anymore. Why? Because we are winning and Obama is invested in defeat.
McCain was a leader. Obama was a poll reader!
Last, but not least, Obama's Chicaco friends are starting to add up into problems.
John Fund writes this: Obama Should Come Clean On Ayers, Rezko And the Iraqi Billionaire! It turns out that his relationship with Ayers, the 1960s terrorist, was a bit more complex than just the neighbor who lived down the street. There are still questions outstanding regarding Rezko and the Obama home:
The McCain campaign is taking the over confident Obama apart.
At halftime, the Aggie band puts on the best show in the country:
Go Aggies! Make sure that you beat Texas again:
Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Bring it on. Let's talk about judgement.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Have you heard Iran mentioned during the first two nights of the Dem convention? WE have heard a lot of "doom and gloom" but not a word about the real threat facing the West.
Perhaps, we will hear something about Iran from Biden or BO. In the meantime, McCain hit another one out of the park.
The Jewish American vote is critical in Florida. My guess is that most Jewish Americans must be wondering why the party of Harry Truman has been so soft spoken about the threats that Israel faces.
I think that they will like this McCain ad.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (36)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- First they went after Thomas! Now it's Palin's tu...
- My favorite 3 from the Rolling Stones!
- The McCain team is beating up a rookie defense!
- Get ready for Aggies football!
- What town (of any population) did Obama run?
- Palin is a great choice!
- It was a historic night!
- The US economy won't be the next president's prior...
- We would welcome an election about McCain's judgem...
- Marriage, religion and our political parties!
- McCain hits BO on Iran!
- Does BO really want to get into an argument about ...
- Was this really an endorsement for BO or the begin...
- What Catholic Church is Nancy Pelosi going to?
- Another musical salute to the happy girls in Denve...
- Rev. Wright, who? What Chicago friends?
- Hillary and the ladies will sing "Lollipop" to Oba...
- BO doesn't talk about Iraq anymore!
- The McCain ad team hits another home run!
- Vote for BO because Biden has experience?
- Saturday's show: A chat with Cassy Fiano, blogger
- "It's all Bush's fault" or "McCain is Bush" won't ...
- From "hope and change" to "I need an adult"
- Dear BO: This is no way to treat the lady who beat...
- Did BO really say that Georgia is like Iraq?
- What flight to Denver is "panic" on?
- Thursday's show: A chat with Jose Brechner from Ar...
- Obama has a serious "infanticide" problem!
- Wanna meet angry women? Go to Denver next week!
- Stop whining Mr. BO!
- Share Emily's song with your friends!
- Get well Yaz!
- BO's problem: There is abortion, partial birth abo...
- National security is back and the Dems are in the ...
- McCain "cheated"----what else do you expect to hea...
- Congratulations to Kobe Bryant!
- Tax the rich and you will eventually tax all of us...
- BO and abortion
- BO and leadership
- McCain was superb, Obama was very careful!
- Paul McCartney after The Beatles!
- Team Spain deserved a big kick in the butt!
- Everybody in Europe is suddenly in love with The U...
- Only the US can defend Europe from Russia!
- Time flies: Elvis died 31 years ago!
- Russia puts "the 3am phone call" back in our polit...
- Our problem is foreign oil, NOT oil!
- McCain and Georgia
- Are you ready for Trojan football?
- Some men and a couple of ladies have BO concerns!
- Michael Phelps is amazing!
- Why are the Dems moving pro-life?
- Why is People's Weekly endorsing Obama?
- Texas continues to lead the nation in job growth!
- Remembering a hero of Brigada 2506 and The Bay of ...
- Chavez is the best argument for drilling in the US...
- Rangers come back and lose one of the craziest gam...
- McCain is right: Today we are all Georgians!
- Tuesday's show: A conversation with Steven Warshaw...
- We beat the crap out of Al Qaeda in Iraq!
- Russia's bad behavior!
- Another A-plus for the McCain ad-team!
- Hey Guys: Nothing but gold!
- A word about Isaac Hayes!
- The Clinton sharks will be out in Denver!
- What was BO thinking again?
- "Doo wop" and the chapter of "wonderful harmonies"...
- Putin's military adventure puts "the real world" o...
- Like Clinton, Edwards will learn that "sex" is not...
- Guess who won't be our next VP or Attorney Gen?
- On energy, the Dems should listen to Paris rather ...
- The well rounded McCain Girl gets my vote (caution...
- Again, please spare me the whining!
- The pro-abortion Dems have a huge problem with Cat...
- Enjoy the Olympics but don't forget the dissidents...
- Favre as a Jet? Are you kidding me?
- The Rays are no fluke!
- Can BO close the sale?
- Clinton's name should be placed for a state roll c...
- "Hope and change" fatigue!
- Kondracke is worth reading on Dems and Afghanistan...
- Obama is an over-inflated left wing populist and i...
- Happy anniversary to my parents!
- The Brewers will be OK! It's just a little brothe...
- 100 degrees but exciting baseball!
- Romney gives BO a lesson in economics!
- Pelosi will lose 100 Dems if she lets the House vo...
- A vote for Buck O'Neill in The Hall of Fame
- Lopez-Obrador must be giving "class warfare" lesso...
- We remember Alexander Solzhenitsyn!
- The Dems will crack on drilling! Just like Obama ...
- Congratulations to Bill O'Reilly!
- Congratulations to new Hall of Famer Darrell Green...
- The "we can't be criticized" Dems!
- Triple digit temps and the sounds of summer past!
- Peter Gammons on Josh Hamilton!
- David Murphy, rookie of the year?
- A look at Cindy McCain!
- McCain's judgement looks rather good today!
- Well done McCain! It's time to expose this lightw...
- BO flips on drilling (a.k.a. what was the point of...
- What did BO mean about the guys on the currency?
- The Obama documentary is properly called "HYPE"!
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)