Thursday, July 31, 2008
Michael Young is playing hurt but he still drives in runs. Once again, Young drove in the winning run against Seattle.
Josh Hamilton continues his MVP season:
.304 average, 25 hrs and 104 RBIs in 104 games!
Hamilton has the numbers but he is playing for a team unlikely to get into the post-season. At the same time, is there another AL player having a better season?
If Hamilton does not get it then you have to give it to Carlos Quentin of the Chicago White Sox. He may lead the league in HRs and put the ChiSox in the post-season!
Ivan was the heart and soul of the Rangers' teams that won division titles back in the late 90s. Ivan was the AL MVP in '99 and one of the best defensive catchers in baseball history.
Texeira will help LA win the AL West and probably get in the World Series. It's hard to think a better AL team than the Angels!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Another good song from the LP was "Across the universe". I understand that it was released as a single in the UK:
It was the end of The Beatles! It happened during the spring and summer of 1970!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Baseball is back in Milwaukee and I couldn't be happier. As I recall from my Milwaukee days, the crowds were always passionate.
Milwaukee is in the middle of the NL Central race. According to MLB, Brewers expecting big crowds at home!
The Brewers are now tied with the Cubs. I just caught the last two innings of the 6-4 victory over Houston. The crowd was really into it!
Guess what? Chicago is coming in next week. It should be a great series. I wish that I had a ticket!
Gerard Baker posted a great article in the UK press. It's nice to know that one European isn't full of crap.
Watch the video and follow He ventured forth to bring light to the world .
This is great:
"And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.
The Child was blessed in looks and intellect.
Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant.
And yea, as he grew, the Child walked in the path of righteousness, with only the occasional detour into the odd weed and a little blow.
When he was twelve years old, they found him in the temple in the City of Chicago, arguing the finer points of community organisation with the Prophet Jeremiah and the Elders.
And the Elders were astonished at what they heard and said among themselves: “Verily, who is this Child that he opens our hearts and minds to the audacity of hope?”
In the great Battles of Caucus and Primary he smote the conniving Hillary, wife of the deposed King Bill the Priapic and their barbarian hordes of Working Class Whites.
And so it was, in the fullness of time, before the harvest month of the appointed year, the Child ventured forth - for the first time - to bring the light unto all the world.
He travelled fleet of foot and light of camel, with a small retinue that consisted only of his loyal disciples from the tribe of the Media.
He ventured first to the land of the Hindu Kush, where the
Taleban had harboured the viper of al-Qaeda in their bosom, raining terror on all the world.
And the Child spake and the tribes of Nato immediately loosed the Caveats that had previously bound them.
And in the great battle that ensued the forces of the light were triumphant. For as long as the Child stood with his arms raised aloft, the enemy suffered great blows and the threat of terror was no more.
From there he went forth to Mesopotamia where he was received by the great ruler al-Maliki, and al-Maliki spake unto him and blessed his Sixteen Month Troop Withdrawal Plan even as the imperial warrior Petraeus tried to destroy it.
And lo, in Mesopotamia, a miracle occurred. Even though the Great Surge of Armour that the evil Bush had ordered had been a terrible mistake, a waste of vital military resources and doomed to end in disaster, the Child's very presence suddenly brought forth a great victory for the forces of the light.
And the Persians, who saw all this and were greatly fearful, longed to speak with the Child and saw that the Child was the bringer of peace.
At the mention of his name they quickly laid aside their intrigues and beat their uranium swords into civil nuclear energy ploughshares.
From there the Child went up to the city of Jerusalem, and entered through the gate seated on an ass.
The crowds of network anchors who had followed him from afar cheered “Hosanna” and waved great palm fronds and strewed them at his feet.
In Jerusalem and in surrounding Palestine, the Child spake to the Hebrews and the Arabs, as the Scripture had foretold.
And in an instant, the lion lay down with the lamb, and the Israelites and Ishmaelites ended their long enmity and lived for ever after in peace.
As word spread throughout the land about the Child's wondrous works, peoples from all over flocked to hear him; Hittites and Abbasids; Obamacons and McCainiacs; Cameroonians and Blairites.
And they told of strange and wondrous things that greeted the news of the Child's journey.
Around the world, global temperatures began to decline, and the ocean levels fell and the great warming was over.
The Great Prophet Algore of Nobel and Oscar, who many had believed was the anointed one, smiled and told his followers that the Child was the one generations had been waiting for.
And there were other wonderful signs. In the city of the Street at the Wall, spreads on interbank interest rates dropped like manna from Heaven and rates on credit default swaps fell to the ground as dead birds from the almond tree, and the people who had lived in foreclosure were able to borrow again.
Black gold gushed from the ground at prices well below $140 per barrel. In hospitals across the land the sick were cured even though they were uninsured. And all because the Child had pronounced it.
And this is the testimony of one who speaks the truth and bears witness to the truth so that you might believe.
And he knows it is the truth for he saw it all on CNN and the BBC and in the pages of The New York Times.
Then the Child ventured forth from Israel and Palestine and stepped onto the shores of the Old Continent. In the land of Queen Angela of Merkel, vast multitudes gathered to hear his voice, and he preached to them at length.
But when he had finished speaking his disciples told him the crowd was hungry, for they had had nothing to eat all the hours they had waited for him.
And so the Child told his disciples to fetch some food but all they had was five loaves and a couple of frankfurters.
So he took the bread and the frankfurters and blessed them and told his disciples to feed the multitudes.
And when all had eaten their fill, the scraps filled twelve baskets.
Thence he travelled west to Mount Sarkozy. Even the beauteous Princess Carla of the tribe of the Bruni was struck by awe and she was great in love with the Child, but he was tempted not.
On the Seventh Day he walked across the Channel of the Angles to the ancient land of the hooligans.
There he was welcomed with open arms by the once great prophet Blair and his successor, Gordon the Leper, and his successor, David the Golden One.
And suddenly, with the men appeared the archangel Gabriel and the whole host of the heavenly choir, ranks of cherubim and seraphim, all praising God and singing: “Yes, We Can.”
Let me add this: On the 8th day, the Europeans and The NY Times started to measure time as BO (Before Obama) and AO (After Obama).
Naturally, everyone lived happily ever after and The NY Times no longer had a decline in circulation! (NY Times 2Q earnings fall 82 pct, revenue misses Wall Street target as ad revenue slips 11 pct)
- ► 2013 (856)
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- Illegals are turning out to be very rational peopl...
- Hamilton and the MVP season
- Do women think that BO is tough enough to stand up...
- It would help if BO got specific
- How to play games with the budget deficit numbers!...
- Again, do we really want to get into a war in Afgh...
- Rangers win craziest game in years!
- BO stinks for Latin America!
- Happy 20 to Rush Limbaugh!
- Pelosi & Reid will lose the Dems over drilling!
- How much longer can we rely on PEMEX for oil?
- Germans love BO as long as the US does all of the ...
- Weren't there any good Chicago public schools for ...
- Can anyone make sense of BO's Iraq statements?
- Cowboys: 13-3 again and a real shot at The Super B...
- Have you noticed how everybody is praising Pres. T...
- A couple of Europeans who aren't full of crap!
- Rick Moran's Top 10 is funny and thoughtful!
- Bad week for the media!
- What is BO going to tell his anti-war base?
- Summer 1970: The Beatles' last single!
- No time to see the wounded tropps? Are you kiddin...
- Baseball is hot in Milwaukee!
- Gerard Baker's "The Child"
- Get ready for "the mother" of all ironies!
- The Europeans and "The Child"!
- The "John Adams" mini-series is worth every minute...
- They cheered every line except sending troops to A...
- The serious people in the media should be worried ...
- How can BO get away with something like this?
- Obama vs McCain on the surge!
- Being popular in Europe has been a burden, not an ...
- Thank you Dr. Williams!
- The BO lovefest is going to produce a backlash!
- BO has to play word games or the left will turn on...
- Dear Dems: Don't let BDS get you into a war that y...
- They love Obama now because he is about unspecific...
- We know how Hillary's supporters felt!
- What did BO say about the surge?
- Candor and "the justices" is why McCain is the rig...
- The media and Obama
- What happens if we go after employers who hire ill...
- The NY Times publishes BO and rejects McCain!
- The Dems' "tax the rich" demagoguery is beyond irr...
- Dr. Biscet is 47 and still in Castro's prisons!
- What a week for a young man from our area!
- Obama can travel to Iraq because Bush and McCain d...
- Relax about the talks with Iran!
- Best BO analysis of the weekend!
- Remember The Supremes!
- This is funny: The Clintons are reserving a 2012 ...
- BO wins Paris but McCain carries Israel in a lands...
- How can a Speaker with 14% approval call anyone a...
- BO needs to do a lot of listening in Europe and Ir...
- Obama was wrong about Iraq and Bill Clinton was ri...
- Will BO or any Dem stand up to the teachers' union...
- Do the Dems have the stomach to fight a war in Afg...
- Is the media so negative because their own busines...
- BO can't flip anymore or he will be lonely in Denv...
- Is BO losing air?
- Tony Snow will be buried today!
- July 17, 1980: Reagan's wonderful nomination speec...
- The left won't let Dems see the light in Iraq or e...
- It was a long game but the country got a chance to...
- The Dems will split over drilling!
- Why is Obama removing anti-surge comments from his...
- The All Star game in Yankee Stadium
- Can everybody stop the tasteless humor?
- The Josh Hamilton Show!
- What did PM Maliki say about US troops in Iraq?
- BO voted and spoke against the surge in Iraq!
- BO: Pandering (or "coqueteando") la raza!
- McCain is right about Hispanics in the US military...
- Yankee Stadium is a great place for an All Star ga...
- The Rangers at the All Star break!
- Will any Dem stand up to the teachers' unions?
- July 1969: Junior Walker, "Honky Tonk Women" and A...
- Bobby Murcer was a great example!
- We have so much oil in the US!
- Why is BO afraid of a debate with McCain?
- Very sad to hear about Tony Snow!
- Tony & Cowboys head for training camp!
- Spike Lee takes Obama-mania to a silly level!
- Iraq used to be so easy for Democrats!
- Obama is our first bilingual candidate
- How do you say "hope and change" in German?
- Wouldn't it be nice if Jackson would take a one wa...
- Gramm is partially right! Some of our people are ...
- Baltimore is another US city in trouble!
- Obama gets FISA right...
- Happy birthday Ringo!
- Obama's "tax the rich" nonsense!
- "Hope and change" won't get the Iranians to give u...
- Great timing! Hamilton hits # 20!
- Bush at 30% , Pelosi-Reid at 9%
- Obama is dangerous without the teleprompter!
- Obama-mania has now hit Europe!
- How can the most liberal US Senator move to the ce...
- Religion is again a problem for the Democrats!
- The Dems Congress is at single digit approval!
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Col. Joe Repya!
- Bob Herbert of The NY Times is not happy with BO!
- Saddam and WMDs
- Wes Clark and now Bill Clinton
- Wonder how Hillary Clinton feels about the new Oba...
- Somebody has to stop the entitlement mess!
- What you may hear at the next Obama rally!
- Great move by the Brewers!
- Reality about Iraq has finally caught up with Obam...
- How much is the media in the tank for Obama?
- Great Sunday for the Rangers!
- Radio is about listeners and Rush has 20 million o...
- The Dems must decide: Alvaro Uribe or Hugo Chavez...
- ABBA is back after all these years!
- Stars: The best July since Hull!
- BO was dead wrong about Iraq in 2007!
- Talking down the US economy to elect Obama!
- A great weekend for Galveston's shore!
- Shut up and sit down!
- Kinsler must be the AL starting 2nd baseman!
- Upton, Longoria and a proposed new ballpark got me...
- What happens when you fall in love with someone wh...
- Happy July 4th
- Frankly, how can anyone believe a word from Obama ...
- Thursday's show: Paul Greco talks baseball!
- The mother of all political makeovers!
- BO's NAFTA dance is like the Texas two-step!
- Wait until BO flips on Iraq!
- "La violetera" is 50 years old!
- We love Spain but......
- Why did BO give a patriotism speech?
- Obama's flip on welfare reform
- Tuesday's show: Free trade and Colombia
- On Iraq, Bush was resolute and the Dems cracked!
- A great video of old Cuba
- The "don't ask me about my previous positions" Oba...
- Dear BO: We don't question your patriotism! It's ...
- ▼ July (137)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)