Tuesday, December 09, 2008
How do we get Hispanics to vote Republican in 2012?
For the last few years, Dems have accused Pres. Bush and the Republican Congress of not passing a "pathway to legalization" law.
Blame the "racista" Republicans! (Actually, a lot of Dems voted against "legalization" too but nobody remembers that!)
How do we get the Hispanic vote back? We clearly lost them in 2008!
How do we get Hispanics to support the 2012 Republican nominee the same way that they supported Pres. Bush's reelection in 2004?
First, and foremost, we let the Dems govern.
Something magical happens to our electoral fortunes when we let Dems govern!
We always enjoy great comebacks whenever a Dem president and Congress try to govern.
Can you say 1964, 1976 and 1992?
Every Dem presidential victory has been followed by a huge Republican comeback.
Governing means making decisions.
It means making Cabinet appointments and having to deal with real world issues, like the auto bailout and talk of Israel attacking Iran.
It also means keeping the country safe from terrorist attacks, which is Pres. Bush's most impressive legacy. (We have not been attacked!)
Don't underestimate the Dems' incredible ability to mess it up.
They usually do! Again, read your history books!
Second, we remind Hispanics of all those promises made under the banner of 'hope and change".
Ruben Navarrette is one of my favorite Hispanic columnists. He is not happy with Obama's Cabinet! (Obama ignored Latinos for top posts)
Ruben reminds us that Bush appointed Gonzalez as AG and Gutierrez as Commerce Secretary.
Bush has also been a strong supporter of NAFTA, the Colombian Free Trade Agreement and more trade in general.
During the primary, Obama shamefully blamed NAFTA for Ohio's job losses. Obama forgot to tell union workers that Ohio's jobs actually moved to Texas rather than to Mexico.
Free trade matters a lot to Hispanics. Most of them have families in places like Mexico and Colombia.
Along the way, candidate Obama made a lot of promises to people like Juan:
""We voted in large numbers for Obama," said Juan Salgado, board president of the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights, a nonprofit based in Chicago, Obama's training ground for immigration issues when he was a senator.
"If we're sitting here two and a half years from now and absolutely nothing's been done, people are going to start asking questions."
What's the Dems' difficult with any kind of immigration reform?
You can not fix our illegal immigration problem unless the federal government returns to something like the very successful "brasero" program of the 1950's.
Here is a fact: Mexicans come here to work.
All we have to do is to create a vehicle for them to work legally and openly.
Pres. Eisenhower created such a program in the 1950's. It was known as the "brasero" program.
It worked so well that the labor unions freaked out.
Who killed the "brasero" program?
The Dems and the unions!
They forced Pres. Johnson to kill the most successful US-Mexico labor program.
The "brasero" program brought Mexicans to work legally in the US.
They went home with cash in their pockets!
For more on the "brasero" program and how the Dems killed it read Don't Run for the Border and Borderline Insanity by John Fund!
What about today?
The labor unions won't buy any program that brings Mexicans to the US to work legally. (Again, I mean legally!)
Where will Hispanics be in a couple of years?
Line up Hispanics. You will be a find a long line of people who voted for change and got none of it!
Last, but not least, I did not mention abortion and same-sex marriage, a couple of issues where Hispanics will feel much more at home with us than the Dems!
No matter what, the Dem party is the abortion party! Most Hispanics do not support abortion.
P.S. This Rasmussen video shows just how complicated the immigration reform issue really is. It does not necessarily divide the country along party lines.
It's going to take a lot more than "hope and change" to tackle this one:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (22)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- The Cuban tragedy started 50 years ago tonight!
- How does "the party of little people" replace its ...
- 2008: It was a very bad year for The NY Times!
- 2009: Be careful with your predictions!
- 2008: We lost Cachao
- 2008: The Cardinal Mindszenty Foundation is 50 yea...
- 2008: The Rangers were a disappointment again!
- 2008: It was a bad year for Al Gore
- Bill Katz, our favorite blogger in 2008
- 2008: The Tampa Bay Rays were the big sports story...
- Can it get any crazier in Illinois?
- 2008: We are very proud of Laura Bush's work!
- Will Obama be forced to bring back the draft?
- 2008: A very bad year for the global warming fanat...
- 2008: The Castro brothers are still wrecking Cuba!...
- The incredible Clinton money machine
- Can someone tell Caroline to step aside?
- Obama and the Iraq war
- It will take a long time to get over this Cowboys'...
- 2008: Dr. Murano is our choice for Texan of the Ye...
- Three songs about a girl named Ruby!
- It's great to see Modano win one for the Stars!
- For some, BO is already the next Abe!
- Israel has a right to defend itself!
- 2008 was a tough year for Mexico
- Obama and the reverends!
- Have you heard any Dems contradict VP Cheney?
- Global warming snowed out!
- The Mavs are quietly winning!
- Are the Stars finally ready to roll?
- Ralphie's mom is one wonderful Christmastime mothe...
- Christmas 2008: So proud of our troops in Iraq!
- We wish you a Merry Christmas!
- BO's internal report!
- President Bush and Brian's mom!
- Great for AJ, Tex and CC but VERY BAD for baseball...
- Why dump this report at 4:30 pm on Dec 23rd?
- Am I the only one who thinks that Dallas can beat ...
- 1968: A wonderful Christmas Eve
- Merry Christmas and "thank you's" to all of the mi...
- Rush Limbaugh's killer quote about BO and Clark Ke...
- Uncle Jose passed away today
- The professor and global warming
- Tony Romo has another chance in Philadelphia
- I am ready to join the global cooling movement!
- Happy # 59 to Robin Gibb
- Bush bashing at The NY Times hits a new low!
- Let her stay as "Sweet Caroline"!
- Clinton's millions!
- A few Christmas pop tunes!
- What a horrible way to close Texas Stadium
- Tom Landry, great coach and WW2 hero
- Remembering Dock Ellis
- Happy # 65 to Keith Richards
- Today, the Cowboys play their last game at Texas S...
- Bush has responsibly moved the ball forward
- Bill Clinton's cash is Hillary's nightmare and Oba...
- Illinois in desperate need of an adult!
- It snows everytime that Al Gore talks about global...
- Our sympathies to the Weyrich family
- I voted for McCain and.....
- Can the Blago story get any crazier?
- Like so much else, BO is finding that the "torture...
- Remembering George Harrison
- What info does Blago have on his critics?
- The "shoe" and the crazy left
- A little ice on our roads
- The UAW needs a dose of reality
- Share this one with the "doom and gloom" crowd
- The weekend's killer quote!
- Cowboys' defense shows up big time!
- And they call this a guy a journalist?
- Keep my uncle Jose in your prayers!
- The wonderful Seekers from Australia!
- Obama and Chicago
- It's confirmed
- Does Obama understand the perils of Afghanistan?
- Let's talk Chicago with Rick Moran
- Dear Media: No more questions about the family pup...
- Gov-Blago, Mrs-Blago, one party rule and those con...
- Abortion gives Obama a chance to make up with the ...
- Blame the voters!
- Why did so many Dems sleep poorly last night?
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Adrianna Boyne
- Did Obama know that his "seat" was up for sale?
- How do we get Hispanics to vote Republican in 2012...
- A fun "what if" about Obama!
- No auto bailout!
- What a heartbreaker in Pittsburgh!
- Pearl Harbor, 67 years later
- A very ugly and corrupt 50-year old revolution!
- Greg Maddux was a spectacular pitcher
- 15 years ago: Great song
- Obama knows that this is a center-right country
- A lot to be proud of in Iraq!
- In Europe, and over here, BO is starting to look a...
- Got 23 minutes? You will love this interview!
- Raul Castro does not like critics either!
- Pres Bush & Mrs. Bush will return to Dallas
- Don't let all of the "doom and gloom" spoil your w...
- Thursday's show: A chat with Jack Kelly about nati...
- The Dems are about to get a reality check with the...
- Obama, Iraq and The NY Times
- How many times can Obama change his mind?
- Oliva should be in the Hall of Fame
- The Republican Senators should force Eric Holder t...
- Obama missed a great opportunity to help the DC pu...
- How long can Bill Clinton stay away from microphon...
- Obama and the myth of small donations!
- Check it out: There is a profitable US auto indust...
- A big "thank you" to everyone who went shopping!
- 2 tough years for Pres. Calderon!
- Where is Hillary Clinton's diplomatic experience?
- Another great moment for Mike Modano!
- Who really won the election?
- Terrorists send a message!
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (116)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)