Thursday, October 16, 2008

Who predicted the Phillies? Not me!


Congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies, NL champs!

OK. I didn't see it.

Frankly, I didn't see the Giants beating the Cowboys, Packers and Patriots either.

During my time in Baltimore, we used to get the Phillies on the radio and TV from York, PA.

It was my opportunity to stay in touch with NL baseball. My brother, dad and I even took a trip to Philadelphia to catch a game with the Expos.

The Phillies were also our first son's T-Ball team. I was one of the "dad coaches". There is nothing like 6 year old boys playing T-Ball.

The 2008 Phillies have one of the best lineups in baseball: Howard, Utley, Rollins, Victorino and that amazing closer, Brad Lidge.

Harry Kalas has been the radio/TV voice of the Phillies since 1971. You can also hear on some NFL films.

Kalas is a wonderful sports announcer! He has watched a lot of baseball in Philadelphia.

It was great to hear him make the call of the last out against LA:

video

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

MY BOOK: CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

BLOG ARCHIVE

Search This Blog

Loading...