Sunday, October 05, 2008

Remembering Maurice Gibb!

It's hard to believe that Maurice Gibb died 5 years ago. His death ended The Bee Gees!

Maurice usually sang background vocals, played bass, keyboards and co-wrote most the group's songs. He also worked on his brothers' solo 1980's LPs. He co-wrote the Gibb songs for Kenny Rogers ("Islands in the stream"), Barbara Streisand ("Guilty"), Diana Ross ("Chain reaction") and Dionne Warwick ("Heartbraker")!

He wasn't Barry, the girls' favorite.

He wasn't Robin, the one with the signature voice of so many Bee Gees' hits.

Maurice was in the background but had a lot to do with the group's wonderful arrangements.

As I wrote, Maurice didn't do a lot of lead vocals. So let me pick one of my favorites.

This is "Wildflower" from the 1981 "Living Eyes" album:

video

"Wildflower
Sacrifice everything in a wonderland that you know
It's crazy that I'm clear out of my mind
A wonderful place to be

Wildflower
Sweet as the morning light if I blink an eye will you go
I'm starting to care much more then I dare
A wonderful thing to see
And what do we know

First say you love me

And then say you leave me
But we never say goodbye

God you're an angel
But even an angel must choose
Someone will hurt you and when you stop running
There's only this love of mine

Wildflower
Sacrifice everything in a wonderland that you know

If older is wise One look in your eyes
I'm younger then I should be
And only time
Waiting for you to grow

First say you love me and then say you'll leave me
But we never say goodbye

God you're an angel But only an angel must choose
Someone will hurt you and when you stop running
There's only this love of mine "

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

MY BOOK: CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

Search This Blog

Loading...