Sunday, October 19, 2008

A rare George Harrison lead vocal from the early days!


George Harrison joined The Beatles because John & Paul needed a strong lead guitarist.

In the early days, George was always in the background. He got the nickname of the Quiet Beatle.

He sang background vocals. Once in a while, George sang "lead".

One of those examples was "Devil in her heart", a tune made popular by US groups.

In the US, the song was released on "Second album", an LP thrown together from early songs recorded in the UK in 1963.

I love the way that John & Paul back up George's vocals. Also, George does a wonderful job on the guitar.

video

"She's got the devil in her heart
But her eyes they tantalize

She's gonna tear your heart apart
oh her lips they really thrill me

I'll take my chances for romance is
So important to me
She'll never hurt me
she won't desert me
she's an angel sent to me

She's got the devil in her heart no,
this I can't believe

She's gonna tear your heart apart no,
no nay will she deceive

I can't believe that she'll ever ever go
Not when she hugs
and says she loves me so

She'll never hurt me
she won't desert me
listen can't you see

She's got the devil in her heart oh, no, no, no,
this I can't believe

She's gonna tear your heart apart no no
nay will she deceive

Don't take chances if your romance is
So important to you

She'll never hurt me
She won't desert me
she's an angel sent to me

She's got the devil in her heart oh, no, no, no,
no this I can't believe
She's gonna tear your heart apart no,
no nay will she deceive

She's got the devil in her heart
No she's an angel sent to me
She's got the devil in her heart
No she's an angel sent to me "


PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

MY BOOK: CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

Search This Blog

Loading...