Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lots of early voting in Texas!


On Monday, I tried voting at lunch time but the lines were too long. Later, I read this:

"Dallas County has broken the record for the most votes cast on the first day of early voting.

Shortly before 4 p.m., 28,217 votes had been recorded at early voting sites.

The total was expected to pass 30,000 by 5 p.m."

On Tuesday, I went early (7:30 am) and still found a line. I got to vote after the polls opened at 8am.

By the way, there are some very interesting local races. The McCain-Obama campaign is the main attraction but there are emotionally charged votes over alcohol sales in Irving and other areas.

I have not voted on election day since 1988. Convenience matters to me. Based on the long lines, it looks like a lot of people agree with me!

The bad news is that "early voting" does create the potential for ACORN type activities. The good news is that Texas requires a photo ID.

P.S. Last, but not least, I did not see Mickey Mouse voting for Obama today. He probably doesn't have a driver's license or photo ID. My guess is that Mickey will head to Ohio where ACORN will drive him to vote!

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR BLOG AND RADIO SHOW

MY BOOK: CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN

Follow by Email

MY TWITTER

BLOG ARCHIVE

Search This Blog

Loading...