Friday, October 17, 2008
It's Joe and "taxes" all the way to victory!
Barack Obama has a weakness. He can't speak freely. He can't be himself. Why? Because he always comes across as an elitist liberal.
Do you remember San Francisco and those who "cling" to their guns and religion? It was an snobbish remark about millions of Americans who live in small towns and rural areas. By the way, these people were the backbone of the Dem party that elected FDR, Truman, JFK and LBJ. Today, they are called Reagan Democrats, or Dems who vote Republican for president.
This week, Obama met Joe the Plumber, one of those small town guys who clings to his gun and religion. Joe is also a small businessman, the kind of man who appreciates our free market economy. Joe wants an opportunity. Joe does not want a free lunch! Joe wants Obama and his government ideas to get out of the way so that he can fix pipes and take care of his family.
Joe inquired about taxes. Obama spoke from the heart. In other words, Obama confirmed that he is really a socialist at heart.
In simple words, Obama wants to spread the wealth around by taking from successful Joe and giving it to someone else.
This is the kind of stuff that sounds reasonable in Bill Ayers' living room. It does not sit well with for people like Joe and millions of others who still believe in our free market system. Once again, Obama forgot that he is running for president of the US not another European welfare state!
James Pethokoukis has a great post entitled Did Barack "Spread the Wealth" Obama Just Blow the Election?:
"A while back I chatted with a University of Chicago professor who was a frequent lunch companion of Obama's.
This professor said that Obama was as close to a full-out Marxist as anyone who has ever run for president of the United States.
Now, I tend to quickly dismiss that kind of talk as way over the top.
My working assumption is that Obama is firmly within the mainstream of Democratic politics.
But if he is as free with that sort of redistributive philosophy in private as he was on the campaign trail this week, I have no doubt that U of C professor really does figure him as a radical.
And after last night's debate, a few more Americans might think that way, too.
McCain's best line:
"Now, of all times in America, we need to cut people's taxes. We need to encourage business, create jobs, not spread the wealth around."
Pundits and bloggers have been waiting for that one moment, the so called game changer.
It did not happen in the debate. It did happen when Joe met Obama.
Dick Morris calls on Obama to go "taxes, taxes and taxes".
For the next 19 days, McCain has a chance to turn this election into a liberal vs conservative contest. This is exactly the kind of election that Nixon, Reagan, Bush and Bush won. The Dems can not win these elections because of their socialist core.
Keep an eye on Joe the Plumber. He may be McCain's guardian angel!
Based on his latest ad and campaign rhetoric, McCain is off and running on the "taxes" theme.
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio
- ► 2016 (1907)
- ► 2015 (1193)
- ► 2014 (893)
- ► 2013 (834)
- ► 2012 (554)
- ► 2011 (836)
- ► 2010 (845)
- ► 2009 (1336)
- How much doom and gloom is too much doom and gloom...
- Happy Halloween!
- What scandals will follow BO to the White House?
- Good luck to the Mavericks!
- Barack in Wonderland!
- Congratulations to the Phillies!
- BO is not JFK!
- Rush Limbaugh on PDS!
- Shouldn't The LA Times let Jewish Americans see th...
- PDS and a couple of idiots in LA!
- A photo ID is the best answer to ACORN!
- What happened to journalism in 2008?
- Sarkozy can smell a weak Dem all the way from Pari...
- Does your ticket to BO's big party have a full ref...
- Sad to hear about Dean Barnett
- Should the Stars sign the Cowboys' punter?
- The Dems don't like questions!
- Why aren't we forcing the candidates to talk about...
- The latest from ACORN
- Hello # 11 Roy Williams: Welcome to Dallas!
- Who was looking into Joe the Plumber's personal fi...
- Sowell nailed it!
- Obama isn't tough enough to be president
- Obama: No "hope and change" for the unborn!
- The Beatles: 3 of my favorites!
- O'Reilly meets Ayers (in case you missed it)
- How much do we really know about Obama?
- More McCain endorsements!
- A McCain endorsement from Krauthammer
- Robin Hood Obama
- Real "doom and gloom" at The NY Times!
- Beware of so many crazy polls!
- Brad Lidge is the difference!
- Obama wants the US to look like Europe (and the hi...
- Obama's unusual friend!
- Congratulations to Josh Hamilton!
- The Phillies in 7!
- Lots of early voting in Texas!
- We will regret another "domestic election"!
- Obama and "taxes on the rich"
- What exactly did Joe Biden mean?
- Are you kidding me, Sec. Powell?
- Congratulations to the Rays, AL champs!
- The Cowboys were awful today!
- A rare George Harrison lead vocal from the early d...
- The Bee Gees: I have not heard this one in a long ...
- The Beatles: I have not heard this one in a long t...
- What's the point of a NY Times' front page hatchet...
- Sorry to hear about Levi Stubbs
- The polls are closing! Don't they always do?
- The angry left goes after Joe the plumber!
- It's Joe and "taxes" all the way to victory!
- Who predicted the Phillies? Not me!
- Obama, ACORN and more problems in Ohio!
- Debate 3 and Joe the Plumber!
- A simple question for Obama tonight!
- Don't get caught in the minute to minute poll game...
- You can thank Gore 2000 for today's ACORN!
- What in the world did Jesse Jackson mean?
- BO is getting ready to throw ACORN under the bus
- How sick are things in San Francisco?
- They picked the wrong mouse to register as a Democ...
- ACORN's vote fraud goes national!
- Obama does not understand how wealth is created!
- The US economy will come out OK
- Obama and the promises that he can't keep! (a.k.a....
- Where is the media outrage over the angry left?
- When will Senator Dodd hold a press conference?
- Congratulations to the # 1 Longhorns!
- What a crazy Cowboys' game!
- Your weekend humor: Acorn claims to be non-partisa...
- Where is the outrage when they say it about our gu...
- Nov 22, 1968: The Beatles' White Album all of thes...
- Texas wins!
- Ayers is about Obama's character!
- Acorn is crooked and rather incompetent too!
- # 5 Texas vs. # 1 Oklahoma
- Barack "Acorn" Obama
- Everybody is upbeat about the Stars!
- Why are the Dems beating up Colombia?
- Thursday's show: A chat with Paul Greco about bas...
- Obama is not telling the truth about Ayers!
- Obama wants to fight genocide everywhere except in...
- Are you concerned about vote fraud, too?
- Let Sarah Palin take Obama directly!
- The debate: Remember Bill Clinton's middle class t...
- The election in Canada
- This is why Rezko matters!
- Is Obama an ethical time bomb?
- How can Obama get away with so much "class warfare...
- What was the AP thinking about Ayers & Obama?
- October is "respect life" month
- Foreign policy and the next president
- Can you trust this bunch to tackle Social Security...
- Remembering Maurice Gibb!
- The vote was easy. Now, let's have the investigat...
- This election will be about judicial nominations!
- Can someone explain the Cubs?
- The debate: Sarah meets Joe!
- Our friend Bill Katz nailed the Ifill controversy!...
- ▼ October (106)
- ► 2007 (1145)
- ► 2006 (1036)
- ► 2005 (393)