Thursday, October 30, 2008
Good luck to the Mavericks!
Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavs start the 2008-09 season against Houston. The Mavs have a new coach, Rick Carlisle, but the team has not changed much.
EDDIE SEFKO of The Dallas Morning News got it right:
"Up and down the roster, the Mavericks have players who have something to prove.
Jason Kidd is trying to show he's got something left in the tank in a season when he'll turn 36 and is trying to earn next year's contract.
Dirk Nowitzki wants to prove he is a championship-worthy superstar.
Antoine Wright and Gerald Green need to show they are solid NBA players. Erick Dampier must become the rebounding beast that the Mavericks need him to be.
Jason Terry has to be a shooter, and Jerry Stackhouse and Devean George have to stay on the court.
Management must hope it all comes together to justify the Kidd trade of last season.
And, of course, there's Josh Howard, who has a big bag of chips on his shoulder after a tumultuous past year.
Forget the U.S. Olympians. This is the real Redeem Team."
The Mavs' fans are still furious because of the back to back to back playoff collapses.
Let's hope that the Mavs will reward the fans with a championship.
The Stars and Mavs play at the American Airlines Center, one of the most beautiful places in the country. It's time for the local teams to hang some championship flags!
- ► 2013 (856)
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- How much doom and gloom is too much doom and gloom...
- Happy Halloween!
- What scandals will follow BO to the White House?
- Good luck to the Mavericks!
- Barack in Wonderland!
- Congratulations to the Phillies!
- BO is not JFK!
- Rush Limbaugh on PDS!
- Shouldn't The LA Times let Jewish Americans see th...
- PDS and a couple of idiots in LA!
- A photo ID is the best answer to ACORN!
- What happened to journalism in 2008?
- Sarkozy can smell a weak Dem all the way from Pari...
- Does your ticket to BO's big party have a full ref...
- Sad to hear about Dean Barnett
- Should the Stars sign the Cowboys' punter?
- The Dems don't like questions!
- Why aren't we forcing the candidates to talk about...
- The latest from ACORN
- Hello # 11 Roy Williams: Welcome to Dallas!
- Who was looking into Joe the Plumber's personal fi...
- Sowell nailed it!
- Obama isn't tough enough to be president
- Obama: No "hope and change" for the unborn!
- The Beatles: 3 of my favorites!
- O'Reilly meets Ayers (in case you missed it)
- How much do we really know about Obama?
- More McCain endorsements!
- A McCain endorsement from Krauthammer
- Robin Hood Obama
- Real "doom and gloom" at The NY Times!
- Beware of so many crazy polls!
- Audio history: Our friend Bill Katz remembers the ...
- Brad Lidge is the difference!
- Obama wants the US to look like Europe (and the hi...
- Obama's unusual friend!
- Congratulations to Josh Hamilton!
- The Phillies in 7!
- Lots of early voting in Texas!
- We will regret another "domestic election"!
- Obama and "taxes on the rich"
- What exactly did Joe Biden mean?
- Are you kidding me, Sec. Powell?
- Congratulations to the Rays, AL champs!
- The Cowboys were awful today!
- A rare George Harrison lead vocal from the early d...
- The Bee Gees: I have not heard this one in a long ...
- The Beatles: I have not heard this one in a long t...
- What's the point of a NY Times' front page hatchet...
- Sorry to hear about Levi Stubbs
- The polls are closing! Don't they always do?
- The angry left goes after Joe the plumber!
- It's Joe and "taxes" all the way to victory!
- Who predicted the Phillies? Not me!
- Obama, ACORN and more problems in Ohio!
- Debate 3 and Joe the Plumber!
- A simple question for Obama tonight!
- Don't get caught in the minute to minute poll game...
- You can thank Gore 2000 for today's ACORN!
- What in the world did Jesse Jackson mean?
- BO is getting ready to throw ACORN under the bus
- How sick are things in San Francisco?
- They picked the wrong mouse to register as a Democ...
- ACORN's vote fraud goes national!
- Obama does not understand how wealth is created!
- The US economy will come out OK
- Obama and the promises that he can't keep! (a.k.a....
- Where is the media outrage over the angry left?
- When will Senator Dodd hold a press conference?
- Congratulations to the # 1 Longhorns!
- What a crazy Cowboys' game!
- Your weekend humor: Acorn claims to be non-partisa...
- Where is the outrage when they say it about our gu...
- The Beatles' White Album, 40 years later!
- Texas wins!
- Ayers is about Obama's character!
- Acorn is crooked and rather incompetent too!
- # 5 Texas vs. # 1 Oklahoma
- Barack "Acorn" Obama
- Everybody is upbeat about the Stars!
- Why are the Dems beating up Colombia?
- Thursday's show: A chat with Paul Greco about bas...
- Obama is not telling the truth about Ayers!
- Obama wants to fight genocide everywhere except in...
- Are you concerned about vote fraud, too?
- Let Sarah Palin take Obama directly!
- The debate: Remember Bill Clinton's middle class t...
- The election in Canada
- This is why Rezko matters!
- Is Obama an ethical time bomb?
- How can Obama get away with so much "class warfare...
- What was the AP thinking about Ayers & Obama?
- October is "respect life" month
- Foreign policy and the next president
- Can you trust this bunch to tackle Social Security...
- Remembering Maurice Gibb!
- The vote was easy. Now, let's have the investigat...
- This election will be about judicial nominations!
- Can someone explain the Cubs?
- The debate: Sarah meets Joe!
- Our friend Bill Katz nailed the Ifill controversy!...
- Why is BO so sensitive to criticism?
- Let Gov. Palin make an issue of corruption between...
- Post-season baseball will give us a break from the...
- Do we need another media controversy in 2008?
- Tuesday's show: A chat with Prof. Bonevac
- Finally, a fact check on free trade!
- ▼ October (107)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)