Thursday, October 16, 2008
Debate 3 and Joe the Plumber!
Before the debate, I read the latest column from Karl Rove: Obama Hasn't Closed the Sale!
Just ask Joe the Plumber! He is from Ohio and he is not sold on Obama's tax plan.
Many of us see ourselves in Joe. Why? He is small businessman. He is working hard. He is willing to work to make it.
We need more people like Joe.
Obama has not closed the sale.
Again, ask Joe from Ohio!
Nevertheless, it worries me that we are not talking foreign policy. Why? Because our next president is going to be spending more time on Iran than health insurance deductibles.
Here is the bottom line:
We don't have any money to create another domestic entitlement. How can we afford another entitlement when Medicare and Social Security are broken?
You can take Obama's health insurance proposal and sell it on E-Bay.
It will never pass.
We are not going to create another entitlement when Medicare and Social Security are a couple of sick patients headed to ER.
Our next president will spend more time on Iran's nuclear program, Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia and even Mexico than the domestic agenda.
Again, just ask Clinton and Carter, the last two guys who ran on domestic issues!
On the mortgage crisis, no one has a quick fix. Obama doesn't. Obama was just as blindsided by this crisis as everybody else.
I have not heard anything from Obama different than what Pres. Bush or Sec. Paulson are saying.
Also, we should be talking about corruption between Congress and Fannie Mae. There is the scandal!
On issue after issue, Obama was all talking points.
Obama does not understand how wealth and prosperity are created. Obama is a disciple of Chicago's left wing precincts. Obama does not understand economics.
On public education, Obama agrees that change is needed but he is still afraid to stand up to the teachers' unions. You can't fix our inner city public schools without challenging the teachers' unions.
On free trade, I'm not clear where Obama stands! Obama's position on the Colombia Free Trade Agreement is simply absurd.
Also, how is Pres. Obama going to tell Pres. Calderon that Mexico does not meet environmental standards? Talk about an unilateralist foreign policy!
What about renegotiating NAFTA with Canada? Our northern neighbor is our best ally and source of oil. Canada is also one of the few NATO partners actually pulling their weight in Afghanistan!
Who is giving Obama advice on free trade? Is it Hugo Chavez?
On taxes, he continues to preach this utter nonsense about the rich and oil companies.
Thank God for our private oil companies. Is Obama calling for an American PEMEX? He should talk to the Mexicans about that!
Check out The candidate’s “soak the rich” tax rates will do widespread economic harm By Cesar V. Conda:
"First, Obama’s tax-rate increases on income will fall heavily on small businesses, which create the majority of net new jobs.
Here’s why: According to Internal Revenue Service data, half of all business income is taxed at individual rather than corporate tax rates, and about two-thirds of all flow-through business income is earned by small-business owners with annual incomes exceeding $200,000.
The bottom line: Up to one-third of all business income is taxed at the two marginal rates Obama wants to raise."
Can McCain win this thing? Yes we can!
It's time to hit Obama on taxes, big government and school choice. Also, Obama's radical abortion position won't play well with conservative women.
McCain called BO "Senator Government". That's exactly right! BO is all about putting government at the heart of the economy and our lives. The WSJ agrees in today's editorial:
" Neither candidate is offering policies that meet the serious economic moment.
But Mr. McCain would let Americans keep more of their own income to ride out the downturn, while Mr. Obama is revealing that his default agenda is to spend money and expand the government."
Can we win? Yes we can!
Why? Because Joe the Plumber understands that BO is full of crap:
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio
- ► 2016 (1922)
- ► 2015 (1196)
- ► 2014 (900)
- ► 2013 (838)
- ► 2012 (556)
- ► 2011 (839)
- ► 2010 (846)
- ► 2009 (1338)
- How much doom and gloom is too much doom and gloom...
- Happy Halloween!
- What scandals will follow BO to the White House?
- Good luck to the Mavericks!
- Barack in Wonderland!
- Congratulations to the Phillies!
- BO is not JFK!
- Rush Limbaugh on PDS!
- Shouldn't The LA Times let Jewish Americans see th...
- PDS and a couple of idiots in LA!
- A photo ID is the best answer to ACORN!
- What happened to journalism in 2008?
- Sarkozy can smell a weak Dem all the way from Pari...
- Does your ticket to BO's big party have a full ref...
- Sad to hear about Dean Barnett
- Should the Stars sign the Cowboys' punter?
- The Dems don't like questions!
- Why aren't we forcing the candidates to talk about...
- The latest from ACORN
- Hello # 11 Roy Williams: Welcome to Dallas!
- Who was looking into Joe the Plumber's personal fi...
- Sowell nailed it!
- Obama isn't tough enough to be president
- Obama: No "hope and change" for the unborn!
- The Beatles: 3 of my favorites!
- O'Reilly meets Ayers (in case you missed it)
- How much do we really know about Obama?
- More McCain endorsements!
- A McCain endorsement from Krauthammer
- Robin Hood Obama
- Real "doom and gloom" at The NY Times!
- Beware of so many crazy polls!
- Brad Lidge is the difference!
- Obama wants the US to look like Europe (and the hi...
- Obama's unusual friend!
- Congratulations to Josh Hamilton!
- The Phillies in 7!
- Lots of early voting in Texas!
- We will regret another "domestic election"!
- Obama and "taxes on the rich"
- What exactly did Joe Biden mean?
- Are you kidding me, Sec. Powell?
- Congratulations to the Rays, AL champs!
- The Cowboys were awful today!
- A rare George Harrison lead vocal from the early d...
- The Bee Gees: I have not heard this one in a long ...
- The Beatles: I have not heard this one in a long t...
- What's the point of a NY Times' front page hatchet...
- Sorry to hear about Levi Stubbs
- The polls are closing! Don't they always do?
- The angry left goes after Joe the plumber!
- It's Joe and "taxes" all the way to victory!
- Who predicted the Phillies? Not me!
- Obama, ACORN and more problems in Ohio!
- Debate 3 and Joe the Plumber!
- A simple question for Obama tonight!
- Don't get caught in the minute to minute poll game...
- You can thank Gore 2000 for today's ACORN!
- What in the world did Jesse Jackson mean?
- BO is getting ready to throw ACORN under the bus
- How sick are things in San Francisco?
- They picked the wrong mouse to register as a Democ...
- ACORN's vote fraud goes national!
- Obama does not understand how wealth is created!
- The US economy will come out OK
- Obama and the promises that he can't keep! (a.k.a....
- Where is the media outrage over the angry left?
- When will Senator Dodd hold a press conference?
- Congratulations to the # 1 Longhorns!
- What a crazy Cowboys' game!
- Your weekend humor: Acorn claims to be non-partisa...
- Where is the outrage when they say it about our gu...
- Nov 22, 1968: The Beatles' White Album all of thes...
- Texas wins!
- Ayers is about Obama's character!
- Acorn is crooked and rather incompetent too!
- # 5 Texas vs. # 1 Oklahoma
- Barack "Acorn" Obama
- Everybody is upbeat about the Stars!
- Why are the Dems beating up Colombia?
- Thursday's show: A chat with Paul Greco about bas...
- Obama is not telling the truth about Ayers!
- Obama wants to fight genocide everywhere except in...
- Are you concerned about vote fraud, too?
- Let Sarah Palin take Obama directly!
- The debate: Remember Bill Clinton's middle class t...
- The election in Canada
- This is why Rezko matters!
- Is Obama an ethical time bomb?
- How can Obama get away with so much "class warfare...
- What was the AP thinking about Ayers & Obama?
- October is "respect life" month
- Foreign policy and the next president
- Can you trust this bunch to tackle Social Security...
- Remembering Maurice Gibb!
- The vote was easy. Now, let's have the investigat...
- This election will be about judicial nominations!
- Can someone explain the Cubs?
- The debate: Sarah meets Joe!
- Our friend Bill Katz nailed the Ifill controversy!...
- ▼ October (106)
- ► 2007 (1146)
- ► 2006 (1040)
- ► 2005 (394)