Saturday, September 13, 2008
New House numbers has the Dems "freaking out about Sarah"
If the election was held, McCain-Palin would win. Better than, the Republicans are back in the game about the congressional election.
Did Sarah Palin do that? No.
Has she energized the Republican base? Yes!
The latest RCP average has McCain up by 3 over Obama. The Republicans had a great convention. It is showing up in the polls.
Here is my favorite story: Battle for Congress Suddenly Looks Competitive!
According to Gallup:
" potential shift in fortunes for the Republicans in Congress is seen in the latest USA Today/Gallup survey, with the Democrats now leading the Republicans by just 3 percentage points, 48% to 45%, in voters' "generic ballot" preferences for Congress.
This is down from consistent double-digit Democratic leads seen on this measure over the past year."
What's going on?
Let's be cautious. There is a little convention bounce here. It may drop a few points before November.
Let's be optimistic. Who would have believed this in the spring?
The Republicans have 3 things going for them in the campaign to win back the House:
1) Palin has energized the base.
2) Nancy Pelosi's Congress has 20% approval in the latest RCP. Taking over the House was the worst thing that happened to the Democrats. They can't blame everything on Bush anymore!
3) Drill, drill, and more drilling. Gasoline prices are driving the energy independence campaign. So far, the Dems are for inflating tires. The Reps are for drilling for more oil and building nuclear plants in the US.
My guess is that the Dems will hold on to the House. However, it will continue to be a very small majority. Nevertheless, many Dems are starting to worry: DEMS ON CAPITOL HILL FEAR OBAMA FALLOUT... !
Pres. McCain and VP Palin will find a lot of friends in the 2009 House, specially all of those conservative Dems sprouting all over the South and West!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- The Dems have 230 of the 218 votes needed to pass ...
- The best and worst of our Congress!
- The Cowboys are not perfect! They're 3-1!
- The House Republicans made it a much better plan!
- Sabathia and Braun make it a perfect Sunday aftern...
- Another tough season for the Rangers!
- The Obama whining and The First Amendment!
- 40 years later and still a great song!
- The Brewers playing well when it counts!
- The mess and how we got into it!
- The first debate!
- When will someone call for Sen. Dodd to step aside...
- Thursday's show: A chat about Mexico!
- The phone rings at 3am....McCain answers and BO hi...
- Executive pay? How about Dem cronies?
- Pres. Bush made a fine presentation!
- When will The NY Times stop running "free" front p...
- A great message for Catholics!
- The bailout is the only option today!
- The Dems are scaring your grandmother again!
- Will the Dems hold hearings anytime soon?
- Are the 3-0 Cowboys this good?
- You gotta love the Rays!
- Thank you God! Thank you for Yankee Stadium!
- Does Obama understand what's going on in Latin Ame...
- Remembering Buddy Holly!
- Beware of doom and gloom: It's all about getting h...
- Let's chat with Bill Katz of Urgent Agenda!
- Glad to see McCain going after BO on Fannie Mae!
- How about an independent prosecutor?
- Is Obama getting a little "desesperado"?
- Obama needs to admit his Iraq mistakes!
- I don't get it! What's partisan about supporting ...
- Derek Jeter is great!
- Barrack "Freddie-Fannie" Obama
- Cuba and the hurricanes!
- We need "common sense" not more reforms!
- PART 2: The NY Times in total meltdown over Palin
- No more bailouts period!
- Funny woman but not much between the ears!
- Trust me. Chavez is in trouble!
- How do you cut taxes for people who don't pay taxe...
- Confirmed: The NY Times has the early signs of PDS...
- The Dems are not having any fun since they took ov...
- Happy # 62 to Barry Gibb!
- Confirmed: Palin Derangement Syndrome has overwhel...
- The "media in the tank for BO" is in the process o...
- Obama is really getting desperate by attacking McC...
- What Obama economics has done to Europe!
- France must be one of the 57 states!
- "Hope and change" needs a new seal!
- New House numbers has the Dems "freaking out about...
- We have a name for all of this "freaking out about...
- Just how qualified is Gov. Sarah Palin?
- Guess what? The NY Times thinks that Gov. Palin la...
- BO is not ready for the major leagues!
- We have not been attacked since 9-11
- "Freaking out over Sarah", part 2
- Obama needs to come clean about his radical Chicag...
- Laugh with me! The Dems are still running against...
- A great one about the angry left
- Memo to Dems: Please, please, please continue att...
- McCain has blown a big hole in Obama's balloon!
- Obama-economics is bad for Mexico and Latin Americ...
- Is "wimpy" haunting the Dems again?
- When will Obama say that he almost became a Republ...
- What the left doesn't understand about conservativ...
- Are the Cowboys this good?
- Hamilton looking like an MVP to me!
- What Rudy-G said in St. Paul about the Dems and te...
- Hello 2008 Cowboys: Remembering Coach Landry and R...
- The Brewers are looking good!
- What "genius" decided to trash US flags in Denver?...
- The angry feminists go from wacko to silly to stup...
- It was a good week for McCain-Palin!
- The McCain speech
- Obama said what about the surge?
- A chat with Randall Hoven!
- My favorite 10 seconds from the Palin speech!
- Some in the media have a lot of explaining to do!
- Joe Lieberman is the real Democrat!
- The lady hit a home run!
- Live from the convention!
- Is BO tough enough to tell the left wing blogs to ...
- The Hysterical Dem party!
- Very ugly attacks on the Palin family
- It's amazing what a competent governor can do!
- Success in Iraq!
- Get over the VPs! This is McCain vs Obama!
- BO forgot to say that we have not been attacked si...
- ▼ September (90)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)