Friday, May 09, 2008
What in the world is Bill Clinton doing?
We have never seen a former president like Bill Clinton.
From Truman to the first Bush, I remember ex-presidents who've stayed away from partisan politics.
I remember TV images of Truman walking down the streets of Independence, MO and saying hello to school children. He refused to answer political questions.
Eisenhower spent his post White House years quietly and avoided interviews. He did not do partisan campaigning when his VP Nixon ran for president in 1968.
LBJ went to Texas and worked on his library.
Nixon wrote great books about foreign policy.
Ford played golf and stayed out of politics. In 1980, he had the foresight to realize that a Reagan-Ford ticket would have been a constitutional disaster. Ford recommend Bush to Reagan.
Carter has performed charity work and participated in Central American elections.
Reagan stayed away from microphones.
Bush did not engage in partisan politics when his son ran for president in 2000.
They opened libraries and performed the role of elder statesmen.
Also, the media was constantly asking them about Clinton's impeachment. Everyone of them avoided the Monica question. They respected the tradition that former presidents do not criticize their successor.
I have never seen anything like Bill Clinton in this campaign. What in the world is this man doing exposing himself to a partisan Obama supporter? Worse than that, why is he taking the bait and actually arguing with the person screaming from the audience.
What's going on?
Bill Clinton was visited by the "ghost of Christmas future".
The ghost told him that Hillary Clinton is out and there is no return to the White House. (Bill Clinton: Clawing for a Legacy )
In other words, Bill Clinton will spend the rest of his life playing second fiddle to Obama, or whoever leads the party in the future. (CLINTONS NO LONGER THE LIFE OF PARTY )
He will have to live with the memory of playing the race card against Obama. (Analysis: Bill Clinton's Lost Legacy)
He will watch Obama, and the left wing that has taken over the party, beat up NAFTA. His future role will be limited to giving a speech at party conventions.
It's over for Clinton and he can't stand it! Who is going to tell Clinton to start acting like a former president rather than a permanent campaigner?
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- The great "girl groups" and a few other ladies!
- BO's supporters are politically tone deaf
- Who said what about WMD's in Iraq?
- Gov Richardson is right about Mexico
- Drill here for oil
- Obama does not have a clue about Iraq!
- O'Reilly and Hayes nail McClellan!
- BO: Ready to do what on Day One?
- Josh Hamilton and those 450 ft homers!
- How in the world can Obama still be a member of th...
- The book that will make Scott McClellan a quick do...
- I'm still hoping for McCain-Romney
- Josh Hamilton is what baseball (and young kids) ne...
- Is BO afraid of seeing success in Iraq?
- Enjoy this McCain moment!
- Obama's foreign policy: Everything is Bush's fault...
- Jewish Americans are very concerned with BO
- The marriage gap is back
- Hamilton is having an MVP year!
- How would The NY Times fight the war in Mexico?
- Memorial Day 2008: I remember Nathan Aguirre!
- Let's remember those who paid the full price!
- Guess who stole the 2000 election again?
- Earth to Clintons: You don't have the votes!
- Rev Wright continues to hurt BO!
- Chicago '68 wrecked the Dem party!
- A few thoughts about the "Cuban danzon"
- Remembering The Beach Boys!
- Happy birthday, Bob Dylan
- Has the pressure overwhelmed Hillary Clinton?
- Obama and the world's bad guys!
- Happy weekend: Enjoy the first weekend of summer!...
- Thank you Dallas Stars!
- Dear BO: What are you saying about Cuba?
- Obama's Jewish Am & Cuban-Am problems
- Does Maxine Waters want to "Hugo" our oil industry...
- Dear BO: We are confused with your Iran positions...
- It's late May and The NY Times has nominated and e...
- Thurs show: Good news from Iraq!
- The California same sex marriage decision must be ...
- The Dems' "white male" problem!
- Bashing oil companies won't lower gas prices!
- McCain wins another Dem primary!
- Kentucky like West Virginia!
- McCain speaks about Cuba and Latin America!
- Earth to BO: What in the world are you saying?
- Michelle Obama needs to stay out of politics!
- McCain continues to hit Obama very hard!
- Happy May 20th to all of my Cuban friends
- Dear BO: How about unconditional talks with Dr. Bi...
- Speaker Pelosi's trip to Iraq!
- Josh Hamilton leads the Rangers back!
- The same sex marriage decision will help McCain!
- "Boots of Spanish leather", a great Dylan song!
- Dear NHL: We can't watch the Stars!
- Obama: I disagree with Bush's Iran policy but........
- How to make a Dem angry? Just quote his words!
- Another good RNC ad against Obama!
- Obama is melting and melting fast!
- The media is in the tank for Obama, part 3
- The Dems are getting a taste of political correctn...
- The media in the tank for Obama, part 2
- Wonder why The NY Times is losing readers?
- McCain's first term!
- Same sex marriage in California!
- Sorry but Obama said it!
- A conservative won in Mississippi but he is a Dem!...
- Why are the Dems doing this to Mexico?
- Obama is wrong about Afghanistan and NATO
- Obama can't close this thing!
- West Virginia is a good indicator of presidential ...
- A great lady passed away
- The media is in the tank for Obama and Hillary Cli...
- Did Rev. Wright catch up with Obama in West VA?
- Meanwhile down in Basra....
- Meanwhile down in Mexico....
- Are you getting confused about global warming?
- What exactly will Obama be about this fall?
- The Dems are done with the Clintons!
- Will 2008 be a black vs white election?
- Memory Lane: Bob Gibson's brilliant 1968 season!
- Happy Mothers Day: Remembering Mrs Cleaver and oth...
- Happy Mothers Day!
- Do you recognize the Rangers?
- Jenna gives her mom and grandmothers a wonderful M...
- Taxes: What Obama isn't telling the "yes we can" s...
- Iraq: What Obama isn't telling the "yes we can" sc...
- Obama: Welcome to the big leagues
- What in the world is Bill Clinton doing?
- Will 2008 end up like 2004?
- Rush is having the time of his life!
- What will this woman say to win the election?
- A couple of numbers about FOX News!
- How can the Dems have a 48-state convention?
- Dear Obama: Pick up a bat and get in the batter's ...
- Obama did well.....
- More thoughts on the amazing Stars' victory!
- What Dem is going to tell Obama that he is a gener...
- What will Hillary Clinton say next?
- The Stars are keeping us very happy!
- A few NAFTA facts!
- On Iraq, McCain is very clear but the Dems are ver...
- 3,000 posts and still blogging!
- Beware of another Clinton bashing China!
- The Dems want to govern the country but can't get ...
- Happy "Cinco de Mayo" to all of my Mexican readers...
- Obama (or Clinton) do not have a clue on gasoline ...
- Obama on MTP demonstrates that he is not executive...
- First, The Rev! Now, the hippie bombers will haun...
- Bee Gees First was a great debut LP
- Cyrkle was great!
- The Beatles' best singles, part 1
- The 13-18 Rangers are showing signs of life!
- They're unfit to be president but they're lots of ...
- Did you ever try to cash a $360 billion check?
- What are the voters saying of the Wright story?
- Wait a minute: Is it global warming or global cool...
- The "doom and gloomers" did not get their recessio...
- Did your biology teacher look like this?
- Does Hillary Clinton understand what a "sanctuary ...
- More domestic drilling is the answer to high gasol...
- The immigration marches still have a flag problem!...
- Obama has driven the Dems too far to the left!
- What's next for The Rev?
- The border crackdown is working!
- Hillary Clinton on The O'Reilly Factor?
- "Ayers" is the next chicken coming home to roost!
- Dear Dems: The Rev issue is not going away!
- McCain's health care proposal!
- ▼ May (129)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)