Saturday, May 10, 2008
Iraq: What Obama isn't telling the "yes we can" screamers!
So far, Obama has benefited from the Dems' irrational anti-war position.
In other words, no one over at the Dem party has asked a simple question: What happens if we leave?
The Dems' nominating process has been taken over by the angry left. They are committed to leaving Iraq at any cost. They want to hurt Bush. They want Bush to fail.
What they don't understand is that the US is in Iraq not Bush. At the end of the day, this is the US at war not Bush.
Obama's problem has been compounded by the fact that the candidate does not hold press conferences.
Unlike McCain, who talks to the press daily, the Obama staff isolates the candidate from reporters.
Also, Obama has enjoyed a love affair with the media that should make every journalism professor sick!
Obama's magical mystery tour is coming to an end. Eventually, Obama is going to have to get specific and the "yes we can" screamers won't like it.
Obama recently said that he did not recognize Rev. Wright. It won't be long before the "yes we can" screamers say the same thing about Obama.
What's Obama's plan? He will call the commanders in and change the mission on day 1.
It sounds great. It sounds like a plan until you realize that our mission is already changing in Iraq. It sounds like a winner except that Gen. Petraeus has done a marvelous job of cleaning up terrorists. How do you change a mission that is currently succeeding?
In fact, the Iraqi army is doing a lot more fighting these days. Look at the recent events in Basra.
In fact, the Iraq Parliament has done a better job of reaching their "benchmarks" than the Pelosi-Reid Congress.
Over here, Pelosi-Reid have 20% support. My guess is that most Iraqis have a better opinion of their legislators!
What isn't Obama telling the "yes we can" screamers?
He is forgetting to tell them that Al Qaeda, Hezbollah and Iran are closely watching what we do.
If they sense weakness then they will get bolder.
Appeasement has always brought a bigger war. When will people get it?
Ironically, Obama may have to send more troops if we leave too quickly.
Wouldn't that be ironic? Pres. Obama goes on national TV and tells the nation that we are going back to Iraq because the region is falling apart and our national security is at stake.
Also, Pres. Obama tells the "yes we can" screamers that the draft is back because we need more soldiers to fight the new war in Iraq along with the ones in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
After we left, the Pakistan regime fell to the radicals and we have to go back to make sure that they don't use the nuclear weapon against India or Israel.
Sounds crazy? Not really. We are dealing with lots of crazy characters over there.
They respect the strongman and will run over the weak one!
Sooner or later, Obama will have to tell the "yes we can" screamers that the campaign rhetoric was just a lot of "hope and change" intended to get their vote.
How will the "yes we can" screamers react? They will probably get angry. They will get disillusioned with politics. They will get mad at Obama just like they are furious with Pelosi and Reid for doing nothing about Iraq.
Memo to "yes we can" screamers:
Don't get disillusioned with politics. The moral of the story is that you should not vote for charlatans who tell you what you want to hear!
In the real world, strong leaders tell you what you need to hear. Charlatans, like Obama, tell you what you want to hear!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- The great "girl groups" and a few other ladies!
- BO's supporters are politically tone deaf
- Who said what about WMD's in Iraq?
- Gov Richardson is right about Mexico
- Drill here for oil
- Obama does not have a clue about Iraq!
- O'Reilly and Hayes nail McClellan!
- BO: Ready to do what on Day One?
- Josh Hamilton and those 450 ft homers!
- How in the world can Obama still be a member of th...
- The book that will make Scott McClellan a quick do...
- I'm still hoping for McCain-Romney
- Josh Hamilton is what baseball (and young kids) ne...
- Is BO afraid of seeing success in Iraq?
- Enjoy this McCain moment!
- Obama's foreign policy: Everything is Bush's fault...
- Jewish Americans are very concerned with BO
- The marriage gap is back
- Hamilton is having an MVP year!
- How would The NY Times fight the war in Mexico?
- Memorial Day 2008: I remember Nathan Aguirre!
- Let's remember those who paid the full price!
- Guess who stole the 2000 election again?
- Earth to Clintons: You don't have the votes!
- Rev Wright continues to hurt BO!
- Chicago '68 wrecked the Dem party!
- A few thoughts about the "Cuban danzon"
- Remembering The Beach Boys!
- Happy birthday, Bob Dylan
- Has the pressure overwhelmed Hillary Clinton?
- Obama and the world's bad guys!
- Happy weekend: Enjoy the first weekend of summer!...
- Thank you Dallas Stars!
- Dear BO: What are you saying about Cuba?
- Obama's Jewish Am & Cuban-Am problems
- Does Maxine Waters want to "Hugo" our oil industry...
- Dear BO: We are confused with your Iran positions...
- It's late May and The NY Times has nominated and e...
- Thurs show: Good news from Iraq!
- The California same sex marriage decision must be ...
- The Dems' "white male" problem!
- Bashing oil companies won't lower gas prices!
- McCain wins another Dem primary!
- Kentucky like West Virginia!
- McCain speaks about Cuba and Latin America!
- Earth to BO: What in the world are you saying?
- Michelle Obama needs to stay out of politics!
- McCain continues to hit Obama very hard!
- Happy May 20th to all of my Cuban friends
- Dear BO: How about unconditional talks with Dr. Bi...
- Speaker Pelosi's trip to Iraq!
- Josh Hamilton leads the Rangers back!
- The same sex marriage decision will help McCain!
- "Boots of Spanish leather", a great Dylan song!
- Dear NHL: We can't watch the Stars!
- Obama: I disagree with Bush's Iran policy but........
- How to make a Dem angry? Just quote his words!
- Another good RNC ad against Obama!
- Obama is melting and melting fast!
- The media is in the tank for Obama, part 3
- The Dems are getting a taste of political correctn...
- The media in the tank for Obama, part 2
- Wonder why The NY Times is losing readers?
- McCain's first term!
- Same sex marriage in California!
- Sorry but Obama said it!
- A conservative won in Mississippi but he is a Dem!...
- Why are the Dems doing this to Mexico?
- Obama is wrong about Afghanistan and NATO
- Obama can't close this thing!
- West Virginia is a good indicator of presidential ...
- A great lady passed away
- The media is in the tank for Obama and Hillary Cli...
- Did Rev. Wright catch up with Obama in West VA?
- Meanwhile down in Basra....
- Meanwhile down in Mexico....
- Are you getting confused about global warming?
- What exactly will Obama be about this fall?
- The Dems are done with the Clintons!
- Will 2008 be a black vs white election?
- Memory Lane: Bob Gibson's brilliant 1968 season!
- Happy Mothers Day: Remembering Mrs Cleaver and oth...
- Happy Mothers Day!
- Do you recognize the Rangers?
- Jenna gives her mom and grandmothers a wonderful M...
- Taxes: What Obama isn't telling the "yes we can" s...
- Iraq: What Obama isn't telling the "yes we can" sc...
- Obama: Welcome to the big leagues
- What in the world is Bill Clinton doing?
- Will 2008 end up like 2004?
- Rush is having the time of his life!
- What will this woman say to win the election?
- A couple of numbers about FOX News!
- How can the Dems have a 48-state convention?
- Dear Obama: Pick up a bat and get in the batter's ...
- Obama did well.....
- More thoughts on the amazing Stars' victory!
- What Dem is going to tell Obama that he is a gener...
- What will Hillary Clinton say next?
- The Stars are keeping us very happy!
- A few NAFTA facts!
- On Iraq, McCain is very clear but the Dems are ver...
- 3,000 posts and still blogging!
- Beware of another Clinton bashing China!
- The Dems want to govern the country but can't get ...
- Happy "Cinco de Mayo" to all of my Mexican readers...
- Obama (or Clinton) do not have a clue on gasoline ...
- Obama on MTP demonstrates that he is not executive...
- First, The Rev! Now, the hippie bombers will haun...
- Bee Gees First was a great debut LP
- Cyrkle was great!
- The Beatles' best singles, part 1
- The 13-18 Rangers are showing signs of life!
- They're unfit to be president but they're lots of ...
- Did you ever try to cash a $360 billion check?
- What are the voters saying of the Wright story?
- Wait a minute: Is it global warming or global cool...
- The "doom and gloomers" did not get their recessio...
- Did your biology teacher look like this?
- Does Hillary Clinton understand what a "sanctuary ...
- More domestic drilling is the answer to high gasol...
- The immigration marches still have a flag problem!...
- Obama has driven the Dems too far to the left!
- What's next for The Rev?
- The border crackdown is working!
- Hillary Clinton on The O'Reilly Factor?
- "Ayers" is the next chicken coming home to roost!
- Dear Dems: The Rev issue is not going away!
- McCain's health care proposal!
- ▼ May (129)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)