Monday, May 05, 2008
Beware of another Clinton bashing China!
In 1992, candidate Bill Clinton criticized Pres. Bush over China:
"Candidate Clinton was pretty tough on President Bush for his handling of China.
He "coddled" a communist government that used deadly force to break up peaceful protests, the candidate said.
The president had been wrong to downplay human rights in its policy toward China.
"I would be firm," Clinton said.
The United States should tell China to "observe human rights" in the future.
"If we can stand up for our economics, we ought to be able to preserve the democratic interests of the people of China."
That was Oct. 11, 1992, the candidate was Bill Clinton and the president George H.W. Bush, just three years after the massacre in Tiananmen Square.
Either consciously or unconsciously Hillary Rodham Clinton yesterday tried to emulate the moment, blasting George W. Bush for coddling China amid the violent crackdown on protests in Tibet and calling on him to skip the Summer Olympics in Beijing in August to make a point.
This Bush administration, she said, "has been wrong to downplay human rights in its policy towards China."
The fact that Hillary Clinton would adopt the same tough line toward China during her presidential campaign as Bill Clinton did 16 years earlier would be less of a surprise were it not for her husband's intervening presidency.
Bill Clinton abandoned his firm stance on China after taking office.
The day after the debate where he accused the first Bush of coddling China, his campaign put out a statement blasting the "butchers of Beijing" and faulting the president for deciding "that we should give Most Favored Nation Status to Chinese communists who deny their people's basic rights."
Soon after taking office, Clinton too was giving Most Favored Nation status to the Chinese communists and in 1998 became the first president to visit the "butchers of Beijing" since Tiananmen Square, even participating in a welcoming ceremony on the square.
Two years later, he pushed through legislation making China's Most Favored Nation status permanent instead of requiring annual renewal." (Bush, Clinton and China)
Today, I saw Hillary Clinton blasting China. (Clinton turns to China bashing)
What can we learn from this?
1) The Clintons are about telling people what they want to hear. Believe the Clintons at your own risk.
2) Campaigns and governing are two different things. Things always look different in the Oval Office! Just ask Bill Clinton about the Kyoto Treaty!
In this campaign, we have seen Hillary Clinton reverse herself on NAFTA, the Iraq War and just about everything that her husband stood for.
What will this woman say to win the presidency? Frankly, anything!
Again, believe the Clintons at your own risk!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (29)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- The great "girl groups" and a few other ladies!
- BO's supporters are politically tone deaf
- Who said what about WMD's in Iraq?
- Gov Richardson is right about Mexico
- Drill here for oil
- Obama does not have a clue about Iraq!
- O'Reilly and Hayes nail McClellan!
- BO: Ready to do what on Day One?
- Josh Hamilton and those 450 ft homers!
- How in the world can Obama still be a member of th...
- The book that will make Scott McClellan a quick do...
- I'm still hoping for McCain-Romney
- Josh Hamilton is what baseball (and young kids) ne...
- Is BO afraid of seeing success in Iraq?
- Enjoy this McCain moment!
- Obama's foreign policy: Everything is Bush's fault...
- Jewish Americans are very concerned with BO
- The marriage gap is back
- Hamilton is having an MVP year!
- How would The NY Times fight the war in Mexico?
- Memorial Day 2008: I remember Nathan Aguirre!
- Let's remember those who paid the full price!
- Guess who stole the 2000 election again?
- Earth to Clintons: You don't have the votes!
- Rev Wright continues to hurt BO!
- Chicago '68 wrecked the Dem party!
- A few thoughts about the "Cuban danzon"
- Remembering The Beach Boys!
- Happy birthday, Bob Dylan
- Has the pressure overwhelmed Hillary Clinton?
- Obama and the world's bad guys!
- Happy weekend: Enjoy the first weekend of summer!...
- Thank you Dallas Stars!
- Dear BO: What are you saying about Cuba?
- Obama's Jewish Am & Cuban-Am problems
- Does Maxine Waters want to "Hugo" our oil industry...
- Dear BO: We are confused with your Iran positions...
- It's late May and The NY Times has nominated and e...
- Thurs show: Good news from Iraq!
- The California same sex marriage decision must be ...
- The Dems' "white male" problem!
- Bashing oil companies won't lower gas prices!
- McCain wins another Dem primary!
- Kentucky like West Virginia!
- McCain speaks about Cuba and Latin America!
- Earth to BO: What in the world are you saying?
- Michelle Obama needs to stay out of politics!
- McCain continues to hit Obama very hard!
- Happy May 20th to all of my Cuban friends
- Dear BO: How about unconditional talks with Dr. Bi...
- Speaker Pelosi's trip to Iraq!
- Josh Hamilton leads the Rangers back!
- The same sex marriage decision will help McCain!
- "Boots of Spanish leather", a great Dylan song!
- Dear NHL: We can't watch the Stars!
- Obama: I disagree with Bush's Iran policy but........
- How to make a Dem angry? Just quote his words!
- Another good RNC ad against Obama!
- Obama is melting and melting fast!
- The media is in the tank for Obama, part 3
- The Dems are getting a taste of political correctn...
- The media in the tank for Obama, part 2
- Wonder why The NY Times is losing readers?
- McCain's first term!
- Same sex marriage in California!
- Sorry but Obama said it!
- A conservative won in Mississippi but he is a Dem!...
- Why are the Dems doing this to Mexico?
- Obama is wrong about Afghanistan and NATO
- Obama can't close this thing!
- West Virginia is a good indicator of presidential ...
- A great lady passed away
- The media is in the tank for Obama and Hillary Cli...
- Did Rev. Wright catch up with Obama in West VA?
- Meanwhile down in Basra....
- Meanwhile down in Mexico....
- Are you getting confused about global warming?
- What exactly will Obama be about this fall?
- The Dems are done with the Clintons!
- Will 2008 be a black vs white election?
- Memory Lane: Bob Gibson's brilliant 1968 season!
- Happy Mothers Day: Remembering Mrs Cleaver and oth...
- Happy Mothers Day!
- Do you recognize the Rangers?
- Jenna gives her mom and grandmothers a wonderful M...
- Taxes: What Obama isn't telling the "yes we can" s...
- Iraq: What Obama isn't telling the "yes we can" sc...
- Obama: Welcome to the big leagues
- What in the world is Bill Clinton doing?
- Will 2008 end up like 2004?
- Rush is having the time of his life!
- What will this woman say to win the election?
- A couple of numbers about FOX News!
- How can the Dems have a 48-state convention?
- Dear Obama: Pick up a bat and get in the batter's ...
- Obama did well.....
- More thoughts on the amazing Stars' victory!
- What Dem is going to tell Obama that he is a gener...
- What will Hillary Clinton say next?
- The Stars are keeping us very happy!
- A few NAFTA facts!
- On Iraq, McCain is very clear but the Dems are ver...
- 3,000 posts and still blogging!
- Beware of another Clinton bashing China!
- The Dems want to govern the country but can't get ...
- Happy "Cinco de Mayo" to all of my Mexican readers...
- Obama (or Clinton) do not have a clue on gasoline ...
- Obama on MTP demonstrates that he is not executive...
- First, The Rev! Now, the hippie bombers will haun...
- Bee Gees First was a great debut LP
- Cyrkle was great!
- The Beatles' best singles, part 1
- The 13-18 Rangers are showing signs of life!
- They're unfit to be president but they're lots of ...
- Did you ever try to cash a $360 billion check?
- What are the voters saying of the Wright story?
- Wait a minute: Is it global warming or global cool...
- The "doom and gloomers" did not get their recessio...
- Did your biology teacher look like this?
- Does Hillary Clinton understand what a "sanctuary ...
- More domestic drilling is the answer to high gasol...
- The immigration marches still have a flag problem!...
- Obama has driven the Dems too far to the left!
- What's next for The Rev?
- The border crackdown is working!
- Hillary Clinton on The O'Reilly Factor?
- "Ayers" is the next chicken coming home to roost!
- Dear Dems: The Rev issue is not going away!
- McCain's health care proposal!
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)