Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Is McCain starting to break away from Clinton and Obama?
February's polls are February's polls. However, I have picked up a little trend that may be significant.
McCain continues to lead Clinton. The RCP average is McCain plus 4. The current Gallup is great news for McCain: McCain 50, Clinton 46
McCain has now led Obama in the last two polls. The RCP average is Obama plus 3, or a margin of error result. Yet, Rasmussen has McCain up by 4 and Gallup has McCain up too: McCain 48, Obama 47
What this means is that McCain is gaining on Clinton and Obama.
Also, do not underestimate the impact of The NY Times story. It has energized Republicans and angered some fair minded independents.
It's only February. However, you have to like McCain's position.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (37)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- Why isn't Obama listening to Osama about Iraq?
- Thumbs up for Prince Harry!
- Whatever happened to the coverage of the Iraq War?...
- A word about William F Buckley!
- The week that McCain moved ahead to stay!
- And the winner was McCain!
- The Dems are really going insane!
- The Dems at war with Mexico?
- Is McCain starting to break away from Clinton and ...
- Memo to media: Ask Dems real world questions abou...
- The Dems' NAFTA charade goes on in Ohio
- Listen to Henry Kissinger
- SNL and Obama-mania
- Miss Dowd and Dems who tap into their inner chick
- It was a very bad week for The NY Times
- Obama, Raul Castro and McCain
- McCain is gaining and the Dems are mad at each oth...
- Obama-mania is what happens to a party that isn't ...
- The NY Times has done McCain a huge favor!
- Obama-mania is like any other mania!
- Memo to Mexicans: Don't do the Obama before you li...
- Summary: It's all Bush's fault
- McCain and The NY Times, part 2
- The NY Times smears Sen. McCain!
- BO can't control Michelle, part two
- The Dems' Obama problem!
- Clinton is bashing NAFTA to score points with unio...
- Dear BO: Beware of strangers in the night!
- The stars are lining up for McCain
- Castro resigned? We have not seen him in 18 month...
- Kissinger's message and Europeans madly in love wi...
- Happy 83rd wedding anniversary!
- Hillary can't control Bill. Obama can't control M...
- Obama, Clinton and Mexico!
- Gore in 2008? You must be kidding!
- Will the Dems answer real world questions about Ir...
- JFK, Obama and Che!
- 2008 will be about big ideas not big speeches!
- Obama-mania has touched the Mexican left!
- The Dems' circus is headed for Denver!
- How can a McGovern Democrat accuse another of bein...
- Is this any way to elect a president?
- Remembering ABBA!
- Guess who is coming to the rescue of The NY Times?...
- Obama will fix our souls! His wife said that he w...
- A chat with Professor (and blogger) Daniel Bonevac...
- They are fainting at the Obama rallies!
- Some questions for Obama!
- Congress and baseball
- Pelosi's Dems are pathetic!
- The Clinton panic?
- What are they saying about Obama?
- Calderon is right about "braceros"
- Friday morning humor
- The beginning of the McCain-Romney ticket?
- Beware of Obama! I warned you!
- Primary Night: More hot air from Obama!
- A chat with Rick Moran about the Obama-Clinton rac...
- Some thoughts on the Potomac primaries!
- The NATO mess!
- Obama and Clinton are not telling the truth about ...
- Remembering Pres. Lincoln!
- "Yes we can" hang a picture of Che at Obama's offi...
- What are they saying about the happy Dem family?
- Karen Carpenter, 25 years ago!
- Are we lucky or what?
- Obama and Clinton are misleading their supporters ...
- Did the Dems read Al Qaeda's memo?
- We joined the McCain campaign today!
- The Clinton-Obama feud!
- Romney for VP gets two big votes!
- McCain and CPAC
- Romney's speech was great at CPAC
- Obama-mania and the liberals!
- Romney is a class act!
- McCain should go after the Dems at CPAC!
- This is the biggest NY football win since Jets bea...
- Nolan Ryan is back with the Rangers!
- McCain vs Clinton (very likely!)
- The Cuban-Am vote and McCain in Florida!
- Iraq is going well....so now it's time to go crazy...
- Super Tuesday thoughts!
- Great game! Giants win!
- The "French socialist" Democrats
- Obama and the Dems pander to Hispanics!
- "Que Pasa USA" was a great TV show!
- Don't bet on conventional wisdom!
- The Reagan dispute is all about Bill Clinton's ego...
- Well written, Rick Moran!
- I love Romney but McCain will be the nominee!
- Do we fight now or go back later?
- The "cute one" is now The Moveon.org man!
- Al Qaeda's latest atrocity!
- Sorry Caroline. Obama's got nothing in common with...
- The amazing Hillary Clinton and Iraq!
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)