Friday, January 25, 2008
They had a debate last night and Romney won!
There were five guys on the stage. This is how I grade their performance:
Ron Paul----I actually like him. He is a throwback to the pre-Eisenhower Republicans. We forget that it was Republicans who opposed the Korean War and made up the isolation movement in the 1930's. However,that was then and this is now. On foreign policy, Paul gets a big F. On economic issues, he is a bit of a libertarian. Overall, he did not look real good.
Mike Huckabee---the best one-liners all night. However, we are electing a president and Huckabee does not do anything for me. Overall, he gets a C-plus. Frankly, Huckabee's populism bugs me because populism is pure nonsense.
Rudy Giuliani---It was not one of his best nights. Rudy-G was a lot stronger in previous debates. He gets a C-plus. He needed an A because this primary is very important to his campaign.
John McCain---What can you can say about a 71 year old who has a beautiful 95 year old mother campaigning for him? McCain was pretty good. I gave him a B-plus. McCain will always get an A-plus on national security.
Mitt Romney----The winner with an A. Romney got lucky with a couple of the questions. First, his Social Security answer was profound. Second, his answer about the Clintons was just great! Last, but not least, the Mormon question was stupid. However, Romney gave a great answer!
By the way, Dem Senate Majority Leader is a Mormon. Why doesn't he get Mormon questions? Just curious!
Frankly, I find all of these questions about Romney's religion to be repulsive. As Romney said, we do not have a religious test in this country.
The polls show a tight race between Romney, McCain and Giuliani.
It will be close next Tuesday but Romney just moved a little closer to being the front runner!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- Clinton is divisive now, Obama is next!
- It's time for Rush Limbaugh to calm down about McC...
- Is Reagan running against JFK?
- A chat with Steve Warshawsky about the economy and...
- McCain-Romney (that's still the best ticket!)
- It's time to rally around McCain!
- Romney for President!
- Why did Bill Clinton really get mad at Barrack Oba...
- Obama wants to unite us under a liberal banner!
- Obama is a cute fraud!
- What version do you like better?
- Big win for Obama in SC!
- 2008: Who would Dr. ML King vote for?
- The market's exciting week!
- McCain should refuse The NY Times endorsement
- Give the Obama staff an A+ for finding the Rezko p...
- Saddam thought that Bush would treat him like Clin...
- They had a debate last night and Romney won!
- The Clintons never cared about Dems!
- Who controls Bill? Hillary can't!
- A couple of thoughts about Romney's ideas
- Cheer up: The market fought back and was up today!...
- Wow! No end of the world!
- Where are the allies in Afghanistan?
- A chat with Allan Wall about Mexico!
- What does legal abortion say about our society?
- A silly debate by very silly people!
- Congratulations to the NE Patriots and NY Giants!
- We are winning the abortion debate!
- Rudy-G is still in the race!
- My favorite folk music group: Peter, Paul & Mary
- Who is running? Bill or Hillary?
- Iraq, the Democrats and the magic of a video tape!...
- Good day for my team of McCain-Romney
- Obama's comments about Reagan
- Go Packers, beat those NY Giants!
- Hey, didn't Spain remove troops from Iraq?
- The doom and gloom brigade is back!
- The Nevada Dem fight!
- National Security matters
- 35 years of Roe v. Wade
- Thursday's show: A chat with Randy Hoven
- I love Romney's optimism!
- Has anyone run anything?
- Wed's show: A chat with Brendan Loy!
- We need a little seriousness!
- Profiles in poll reading: The Dems and Iraq!
- Another front page nonsense from The NY Times
- President McCain and First Lady Cindy?
- Rush Limbaugh's incredible monologue
- Check out "Meet the Pinkos"
- Laugh with me: Political correctness bites the li...
- The 13-3 season ends with a broken heart!
- A second thought on Krugman
- A word about Paul Krugman
- Hillary Clinton on "Meet the Press"
- Immigration: It's time for Dems to get serious!
- Sen McCain and the surge
- Good night for Fred!
- Now, it's Obama vs Clinton!
- "Yes we can" what?
- Mac is back and a word about the Dems!
- What in the world were the Iranians thinking?
- McCain, the day after
- It's still McCain-Romney for me!
- Happy for the Goose!
- At some point, the Dems must grow up and see the t...
- McCain or Romney---I can't decide!
- Monday's show: A little history of the Republican ...
- Solutions or just change!
- Say goodbye to the Clintons!
- Barrack Obama, the agent of "very liberal" change
- 1968 was a great year for The Bee Gees
- Is it global cooling now?
- 2008 will be the last year of the Castro brothers!...
- Friday's show: A chat with Don Surber about Iowa
- Obama vs Clinton was the big story in Iowa!
- Blame everything on global warming?
- Thursday's show: A chat with Fritz Weizel from ZOG...
- Iowa: Very nice people but very silly caucus!
- Why is Sen. McCain rising?
- Wed's show: A chat with Jeff Jacoby
- The New York Times has lost it again!
- Go Obama! Stop the Clintons in Iowa and NH!
- Happy New Year 2008
- ▼ January (85)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)