Friday, November 30, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
It would be a good ticket specially if the election is about families, taxes and a strong foreign policy. What else could the election be about?
As for the format, let me say again that I want reporters asking questions. FOX News did a great job during their debate because they had "grown ups" asking real questions.
Bring back the professionals!
Last night, CNN tried the "You Tube" format and I don't like it.
Last, but not least, CNN needs to get out of the debate business until someone gets fired for stupid behavior. My friend Rick Moran had the best analysis:
"CNN, as part of its Republican debate with YouTube, failed to mention that retired general Keith Kerr, who announced he was gay after his retirement from the Army, is a member of Hillary Clinton’s "LGBT Americans For Hillary Steering Committee."
Not only did General Kerr ask the question via a YouTube video, but he was also present in the audience, and got to ask the candidates for a "straight answer" (pardon the pun).
This is either:
P. S. I should add that it was Pres. Clinton who signed the "don't tell" policy regarding homosexuals serving openly in the military.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Finger pointing "(Fans are losers in NFL Network impasse)
"Redacted," gave us the Christmasy theme of Iraqi rape starring U.S. troops as rapists.
It drew just $10,039 over the Thanksgiving weekend, according to BoxOfficeMojo, and $34,000 at its open.
"A Mighty Heart," depicting terrorists' war on the West as "understandable," was a dud.
"Syriana," portraying U.S. intelligence officers as crooks in bed with Big Oil, also fared poorly.
Most Americans know that US soldiers do not rape 14 year old girls. Why? Because these young men are our sons, our neighbors and the kids that we watched played football on Friday nights.
Hollywood struck out big time. They deserve every drop of red ink attached to the financial statements of these pathetic films!
What's war good for? Well, how about ending slavery, fascism, Hitler and communism. And soon we can add Islam extremists.
Good poster. Good message.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
"Over on the Democratic side, meanwhile, they've got a woman, a black, a Hispanic, a preening metrosexual with an angled nape – and they all think exactly the same.
They all sound the same to me, too! The Christmas album analogy is perfect!
Look at the Republican field. There are differences on abortion and guns. Are there any on the Dems's side?
There are differences over Iraq? Are there any on the Dems' side?
The Dems represent the left wing base that took over the party in '72 and has led them to so many defeats. Who else is on that stage?
Diversity is not about being a woman, black or someone who conveniently remembers that he is Hispanic.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Dem like Lieberman on the war, or a Dem who is opposed to abortion, or other issues?
Why do they argue about stupid things? (Wife Or Child -- Which One Has The Best Foreign-Policy Experience?) Because no one is proposing big ideas on the Dems' side! It's a really a shame to see what the once mighty Dems have turned into!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
It was great Thanksgiving holiday!
My uncle and aunt celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. It was great to see cousins and friends.
The Aggies beat Texas! The Longhorns had a great comeback and got within a TD.
Iraq continues to look better and better:
"THE NEWS from Iraq has been so encouraging in recent months that last week even the mainstream media finally sat up and took notice. Can the Democratic Party be far behind?" (Let's hear it for good news from Iraq)
The shoppers went to the malls and shut up the doom and gloom experts:"Malls and stores were jammed for pre-dawn discounts on everything from TVs to toys on the official start of Christmas shopping as consumers shrugged off worries about rising gas prices and falling home values." (Black Friday Euphoria Boosts Economic Hopes)
There is more good news:
"The nation's retailers had a robust start to the holiday shopping season, according to results announced Saturday by a national research group that tracks sales at retail outlets across the country.
According to ShopperTrak RCT Corp., which tracks sales at more than 50,000 retail outlets, total sales rose 8.3 percent to about $10.3 billion on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, compared with $9.5 billion on the same day a year ago.
ShopperTrak had expected an increase of no more than 4 percent to 5 percent." (Retailers Post Robust Start to Holidays)
It leads a rational person, like our friend Captain Ed, to ask the obvious question: Where is the coverage for the good news? (Bad Economy? Not So Far, Although Good Luck Reading About It)
After all, consumers did a good job of shopping and putting to rest all of the talk about the coming economic depression! The airports and highways were crowded with people travelling and spending money! So much for the coming Great Depression!
Let's save the best for last. Americans are not watching stupid anti-war movies:
"While the public is staying away in droves from “Rendition," “Lions for Lambs" and “In the Valley of Elah," audiences are really avoiding “Redacted," De Palma's picture about US soldiers who rape a 14-year-old Iraqi girl, then kill her and her family.
The message movie was produced by NBA Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who insisted on deleting grisly images of Iraqi war casualties from the montage at the film's end.
Cuban offered to sell the film back to De Palma at cost, but the director was too smart to go for that deal.
“Redacted" - which “could be the worst movie I've ever seen," said critic Michael Medved -took in just $25,628 in its opening weekend in 15 theaters, which means roughly 3,000 people saw it in the entire country." (DE PALMA IRAQ FLICK BOMBS)
It's really bad when Air America has a larger audience than De Palma's movie!
Moral of the story: Make a stupid movie about US soldiers raping a 14 year old girl and no one will show up.
Most Americans are smart enough to pick up on De Palma's anti-war point. This is not a movie. This is De Palma trying to get through Hollywood what his side can not win on the ballot box!
Want to fill the theatres like the malls? Make a movie that the country wants to watch, such as one that shows how US soldiers have built schools and done great things in Iraq. It's not about propaganda. It's about the truth!
So the malls were full. My uncle & aunt celebrated a wonderful anniversary. And De Palma is going to lose his shirt over a stupid movie!
It was indeed a great weekend! It does not get any better than that!
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
- ► 2016 (1905)
- ► 2015 (1192)
- ► 2014 (892)
- ► 2013 (833)
- ► 2012 (554)
- ► 2011 (836)
- ► 2010 (845)
- ► 2009 (1335)
- ► 2008 (1250)
- Friday's show: Jonathan Henry on Iraq!
- CNN goofed big time!
- The US economy makes fools of the "doom and gloome...
- In the US, you must speak English!
- Don't blame some of us for scratching our heads!
- Rep. Hyde was one of my favorite Republicans!
- No knockout punches but CNN needs help!
- Wed's show: Allan Wall and a review of the situati...
- Romney is right about families
- These two are made for each other!
- The controversy over the NFL network!
- War? What is it good for? Read and find out!
- They call it "Flambée"
- 2008 is all about the judiciary!
- We remember Brig. Gen. Tibbets!
- Jimmy Rollins, great MVP choice
- My bet is on the dollar!
- The "how did this happen" Democrats?
- We support Pres. Sarkozy
- The border mess is real!
- Monday's show: A chat with Cassy!
- No diversity on the Dems' side!
- What a great Thanksgiving weekend!
- So what about that dollar and the US economy?
- Required reading: Walter Williams on class warfare...
- The incredible Naomi Wolf
- Thanksgiving humor: Hillary and the turkey
- Go Texas A&M Aggies! Beat Texas!
- The 10-1 Cowboys proved me wrong and that's great!...
- Happy Thanksgiving to you and family
- Iran and the story of the scorpion
- On Thanksgiving, we say thanks for the great work ...
- The Clinton's Thanksgiving dinner
- Prof. VD Hanson and Europe
- The "20%" Democrat Congress!
- Spain, the trial and terrorism
- We didn't quit and that's why things are looking g...
- Can someone whisper something in Pres. Calderon's ...
- On trade, Hillary Clinton sounds more like Nader t...
- Good morning: The BBC has a left bias!
- The Iraqis are smiling and it's about time!
- Sarkozy is not backing down
- After further review, CNN didn't do a good job!
- Monday's show: Don, Rick and Jerome
- The Democrats refuse to see success in Iraq
- Send a message to an injured soldier!
- New citizens want immigration laws enforced!
- The Dems are coming after your wallet!
- Our new friends in Europe!
- Why should we believe what Hillary Clinton is sayi...
- Friday's show: An update on the debate and politic...
- Who is still apologizing for Hugo Chavez?
- Why so much silence about Iraq!
- On illegal immigration, the Mexican government doe...
- Can the Dems say victory?
- Is Hillary a control freak?
- Bad polls for the party of poll readers!
- Bush hatred is now beyond insanity!
- It's Thursday: What position will Hillary Clinton...
- Clintonism 101: Bill pardons, Hillary gets contrib...
- Don't back down Pres. Sarkozy!
- Wednesday's show: Baseball and those 8-1 Cowboys!...
- Hillary and those planted questions!
- Why is Bill O'Reilly so successful?
- Where is the good news on the front page?
- Is Hillary Clinton inevitable like the Mets?
- Watch out for illegal immigration in 2008!
- The 0 for 40 Dems are batting .000!
- No troops plus an unwillingness to fight equals US...
- Monday's show: Lots of issues today!
- Is Senator McCain back in the game?
- Dear Hugo: I think that you need a "cambio" in st...
- Can some Dems afford to see success in Iraq?
- Thank you King of Spain! Thanks for telling Hugo ...
- A weekend for heroes: Happy Veterans Day and Happy...
- The Dems should listen to Lieberman!
- A great photo and good news from Iraq!
- Sarkozy comes to the US
- Friday's show: We talk about Dr. Biscet, Cuban pol...
- Before you get all worked up about global warming....
- Listen to the tape: Bill coaches Hillary!
- Cartoon: Will you miss the writers?
- Hillary Clinton is not the first Democrat to have ...
- It's getting interesting for the Republicans
- Wed's show: A conversation with Jack Kelly
- I guess that Dick Morris doesn't like Hillary Clin...
- The real problem with the Clintons!
- The Dems will make the case that the war on terror...
- How low can the amazing Sr. LO go?
- Where is Jesse Jackson when a Cuban gets thrown in...
- Monday's show: A look at newspapers and declining ...
- On immigration, the "free ride" is over for the De...
- You can't negotiate with Iran without the military...
- Your weekend cartoon and the California fires
- A real hero in Castro's prisons!
- The anti-choice Democrats!
- Don't gang up on the little woman!
- The Hillary waltz
- The Dems need to stop torturing the judge!
- Friday's show: What's going on in Iraq?
- ▼ November (105)
- ► 2006 (1036)
- ► 2005 (393)