Saturday, June 30, 2007
Friday, June 29, 2007
On a more serious note, Kennedy's version of "Jalisco" was one of the most obscene forms of political pandering in years!
Thursday, June 28, 2007
"I was proud to stand with Democrats against an imperial president back then.
And I am proud now to stand with a new generation of Democrats against a president who poses what I believe to be the biggest internal threat to American democracy in my lifetime.
"You can take your pick of issues where Republicans are seriously damaging this country: Iraq, global warming, civil liberties.
But I resent them most for how they've destroyed the American spirit by using xenophobia and fear to hold onto power.
It's scare-mongering pure and simple, and it is the only thing Republicans have left to offer." (Word of the day: 'scare-mongering' )
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Can Romney win the nomination? Yes, he can!
Doug Wilson is right on target:
"I believe voters are attracted to Romney because of his three-part vision for America, one that seeks to build and maintain a strong national defense, a strong economy, and strong families."(Mitt Romney's Strength)
Romney brings three unique attributes to the table:
1) He was a very successful businessman. He understands that profits matter;
2) He understands The War on Terror and China; and,
3) He and Anne have been married 39 years!
Low taxes, strong on national security and a commitment to family values puts Romney in a strong position to get the nomination.
Keep your eyes on Romney.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Iran is cracking down on dissent. They are also cracking heads and beating up dissidents:
"Question: Will these photos be blared across the front pages of the international media with as much disgust and condemnation as the photos of Abu Ghraib or the manufactured Gitmo Koran-flushing riots?
Answer: Fat chance.
Sunday, June 24, 2007
2 al-Qaida Leaders Captured in Iraq
17 Insurgents Killed Near Baqubah
"[T]he battle is going very well. A big fight seems to be brewing. As of about noon in Baqubah on the 22nd, there seems to be a lull in the fighting. A calm. This is about to get wet. At the going rate, al Qaeda in Baqubah will soon have two choices: Surrender, or die." ("Surrender Or Die")
U.S. May Reduce Forces in Iraq by Spring
Unfortunately, soldiers are killed in war. Yes, we did lose 15 soliders over the last few days. We have 10,000 guys at war with Al Qaeda in Baqubah. I wish that we could fight a war without casulaties but that's not possible.
Yet, something is going on north of Baghdad and it may have a huge impact on stabilzing Iraq. The mission is clear:
"The end state is to destroy the al-Qaida influences in this province and eliminate the threat against the people. That is the No. 1, bottom-line, up-front, in-your-face task and purpose." (Army Brig. Gen. Mick Bednarek)
Saturday, June 23, 2007
All of this started because of a headline on The Drudge Report. (THE GREAT DIVIDE: REPORTERS GIVE DEMS MONEY OVER REPUBLICANS 9 TO 1! )
Actually, I don't care as long as journalists give us full disclosure. Journalists should be required to tell us where their money goes. It should be included in their bylines. In other words, don't pretend that you are objectively covering the horse race when your money is on one of the horses!
Beyond that, I'm not surprised or shocked that journalists favor liberals 9-1.
Friday, June 22, 2007
"HALLELUJAH! For the first time since Baghdad fell, our military in Iraq has a comprehensive, integrated plan to defeat our enemies." (WINNING ON OFFENSE By RALPH PETERS)
Are we finally playing to win? Let's hope so:
"The largest offensive combat operation in Iraq since the end of Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003 is now underway outside Baghdad and in the city of Baquba, the command center of al Qaeda in Iraq.
The Baquba operation is an offensive involving 10,000 U.S. soldiers backed by attack helicopters, close-air support, Strykers and Bradley fighting vehicles.
Their mission is to capture or kill members of Al Qaeda in Iraq in and around the capital of the terrorist regime calling itself the Islamic State of Iraq.
There are thought to be as many as 2,000 of them in and around Baquba." (Fighting al Qaeda in Iraq)
There are some great field reports from Michael Yon:
"The combat has only just begun, and media has now figured out this is serious business."(Operation Arrowhead Ripper: Day One)
For more battlefield details, check out Operation Phantom Thunder: The Battle of Iraq by Bill Roggio.
The bottom line is that something is happening in Iraq. Our tactics have changed and the enemy is running.
General Petraeus has a plan. So far so good!
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Allan discussed a couple of recent developments, specially the challenges faced by the Mexican military.
Secondly, we spoke about the drug cartels and the border.
Third, Allan discussed some tax updates from Mexico's Congress.
Enjoy it. Allan was very informative. Again, you can read Allan's weekly column at Mexidata.info.
Liberals boo Clinton on Iraq
Rep. Pelosi responds to boos on war
What's happening? The liberal base is angry because Democrats are not pulling the trigger and cutting off funding for the Iraq War.
The base fell for the Dems' "new direction" talk. I guess that this what happens when fall for poll readers!
On another front, Senator Reid needs to think twice about calling anyone incompetent:
"This is not what the Democrats had in mind: after five months in control of Congress, they have driven the institution's approval rating down to the lowest point ever measured by Gallup: only 14% of respondents expressed "a great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in Congress." (Sinking Like A Stone)
It gets more interesting than that. There are now many House seats in play! (Democratic Congress shows cracks By Donald Lambro)
It's early but the polls don't look good for Senator Hillary Clinton:
"When registered voters were asked which party they would like to win the White House, they preferred a Democrat over a Republican by 8%. But in a race pitting Mrs. Clinton against Mayor Giuliani, a Republican, the former New York mayor was favored by 10%.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Today, there are still people buying it.
In fact, there are many people who have this album on LP, cassette, 8-track, reel to reel and now CD.
In fact, no single was ever released from Sgt. Peppers.
It also had different recording techniques and wonderful cover artwork.
June 1, 1967: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band ......EMI Music https://t.co/pAg4TOmYKb via @amazon— Silvio Canto, Jr. (@SCantojr) June 1, 2016
Question: Why are Democrats declaring war on those principles that create prosperity? Because this is not your grandfather's Dem party.
The Democrat primary is now a refuge for the American left. In fact, the Dems' primary voters have more in common with European leftist parties than they do with former President John Kennedy or Harry Truman.
In simple terms, Kennedy and Truman would not be nominated by today's party. Wonder why the Dems have lost 7 of the last 10 presidential elections? Look at their nomination process! (The Anger Of The Left By Thomas Sowell)
"In the quarter-century since 1983, Americans have lived in a country that has enjoyed noninflationary economic growth 95 percent of the time. They have come to think of this as the norm. They give politicians, particularly Bush, no credit when the economy performs this way, and they complain querulously about the slightest irritations, such as gasoline prices that in real dollar terms are far lower than they were in the early 1980s." (Open-Field Politics by Michael Barone)
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
Yet, there were many other irresponsible parties in this charade.
Let's start with the college professors who signed that letter last year:
"Who can forget Duke's Gang of 88 radical professors who supported the on-campus lynch mob that issued "wanted" posters of the lacrosse players?
Duke University may not be able to fire some of these professors. However, the media and public should hold them accountable for their reckless comments.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Saturday, June 16, 2007
"Why is Reid in such a lather? Because he can talk, but can’t produce" (‘Orrible ‘Arry Reid by Jed Babbin)
This is hard to believe. Harry Reid is the Senate Majority Leader but he can't lead a majority of anything. I like what Dean Barnett wrote:
"I had always felt Harry Reid was the kind of vanilla-flavored parasite that a political system like ours inevitably mass produces.In other words, I didn’t think his presence was any big deal.
We’ve seen his type come and go with regularity the past 200 years.
What’s amazing and sad is that in such consequential times, a lightweight like Reid is making an impact. He may well be remembered as the most contemptible and least honest public servant to come down the pike in a generation.
After all, you can tell a man by the company he keeps." (The Contemptible Harry Reid (Also: Sargent Peppers Nutroots Marching Band!))
Show me something Sen. Reid. Cut the funding and accept the consequences of your decision.
Show me something Sen. Reid. Lead your majority and get something done!
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
- ► 2016 (1931)
- ► 2015 (1197)
- ► 2014 (900)
- ► 2013 (838)
- ► 2012 (556)
- ► 2011 (840)
- ► 2010 (846)
- ► 2009 (1338)
- ► 2008 (1250)
- Churchill and socialism
- We want Al Gore to run for president
- Limbaugh plus O'Reilly equals informed audience
- Ann Coulter has a point about John Edwards!
- Did Ted Kennedy kill the immigration deal?
- The Roberts' Court promotes common sense and schoo...
- Congratulations to Frank Thomas!
- On Immigration, can we finally do it right?
- Congratulations to Craig Biggio!
- Mario Loyola on our Thursday show
- The idiot celebrity syndrome
- The story of the pants has a happy ending!
- Keep swinging, Rudy-G!
- The Roberts Court is doing great!
- Tuesday radio show: A Senate vote follow up!
- Keep an eye on Romney
- Abortion and more unintended consequences
- The Dallas Tollway is running again!
- Who cares about Iran dissidents?
- Chemical Ali will soon join cousin Saddam
- Talk radio is a business not a right wing conspira...
- Doom and gloom update: Get ready for global coolin...
- The good guys are killing lots of bad guys this we...
- Are kids playing too many video games?
- Why doesn't Michael Moore make a movie about these...
- I don't care that journalists support liberal caus...
- The surge and new tactics in Iraq
- Thursday's show: A review of the Mexican situatio...
- It's not OK at the Dems' corner!
- June 1, 1967 and Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club B...
- Great economy: Why are Democrats at war with prosp...
- Another report on BBC bias
- The blogs and politics
- Fix the border and everything else will happen
- The Duke 88 need to face the public!
- Happy Father's Day
- Why doesn't Harry lead rather than take cheap shot...
- Dems and Reps striking out!
- A little sanity about global warming
- Forgive me for spoiling your weekend with Gaza!
- Blame Arafat not the US
- Sr. Piolin: Please don't march
- Thursday show: Let's talk about Senator McCain
- Leahy and subpoenas equals 23% approval for Congre...
- Can you believe these Dems?
- Republicans and Democrats are living in different ...
- Al Gore blasting Bush over Iraq
- Pres. Reagan: 20 years ago today!
- Is Paris Hilton serious about not being dumb?
- Oops. I did not watch The Sopranos!
- Let the military run the military
- Lieberman is right about Iran
- The "talk, talk and do nothing" Democrats
- Pardon Libby now!
- McCain and Guiliani beat Hillary Clinton
- Che was a jerk!
- Pres. Bush at the G-8 meeting
- The New York Times and page 37!
- A French idea?
- I can live with Rudy's abortion position
- Weekend humor and Paris Hilton
- How to help Mexico? Shut down the border and keep...
- No public support, no immigration reform
- D-Day 1944 and the FDR prayer
- Another stupid lawsuit
- Hillary Clinton and Iraq
- It's time for Latin America's democrats to stand u...
- What if today's media had covered D-Day?
- June 6, 2004: President Reagan died
- Is Fred Thompson another Pres. Reagan or Gen. Wesl...
- Hillary's female problem!
- No Fred but Huckabee goes up again!
- The Dems won't like the new Wash Post/ABC poll
- Do you want to live in Cuba?
- Beware of the Democrat who wants to tax the rich!
- A few more thoughts on the immigration proposal
- The Dems are clueless on the war on terror
- How is Israel supposed to react to such a statemen...
- Another bad weekend for the doom and gloom crowd
- The immigration proposal, two weeks later!
- Is anybody listening to Hillary's economic ideas?
- Listen to our show on Venezuela
- ▼ June (82)
- ► 2006 (1040)
- ► 2005 (394)