Saturday, November 17, 2007
Our new friends in Europe!
Iraq is doing well and our alliances are not in disarray. In fact, Pres. Bush is actually developing some very strong relationships in places that will surprise you.
Our alliances not in disarray (Someone better tell Democrats) By Charles Krauthammer won't make Keith Oberman's Countdown but it should:
"The Democrats are living in what Bob Woodward would call a state of denial.
Do they not notice anything?
France has a new president who is breaking not just with the anti-Americanism of the Chirac era but with 50 years of Fifth Republic orthodoxy that defined French greatness as operating in counterpoise to America.
Nicolas Sarkozy’s trip last week to the United States was marked by a highly successful White House visit and a rousing speech to Congress in which he not only called America “the greatest nation in the world” but pledged solidarity with the U.S. on Afghanistan, Iran, Lebanon, the Middle East and nuclear nonproliferation.
This just a few months after he sent his foreign minister to Iraq to signal an openness to cooperation and an end to Chirac’s obstructionism.
In Germany, Gerhard Schroeder is long gone, voted out of office and into a cozy retirement as Putin’s concubine at Gazprom. His successor is the decidedly pro-American Angela Merkel, who concluded a warm visit with Bush this week.
All this, beyond the ken of Democrats, is duly noted by new British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who noted “the great change that is taking place,” namely “that France and Germany and the European Union are also moving more closely with America.”
As for our other traditional alliances, relations with Australia are very close, and Canada has shown remarkable steadfastness in taking disproportionate casualties in supporting the NATO mission in Afghanistan. Eastern European nations, traditionally friendly, are taking considerable risks on behalf of their U.S. alliance. And ties with Japan have never been stronger.
So much for the disarray of our alliances."
Like with Iraq, the Democrats are invested in a certain narrative. Frankly, it's too late for them to change.
Here is the key line in the article:
"Alliances are always shifting. But one thing we can say with certainty: The event that will have more effect than any other on the strength of our alliances worldwide is not another Karen Hughes outreach to the Muslim world, not an ostentatious embrace of Kyoto or even the most abject embrace of internationalism from the podium of the UN. It is success or failure in Iraq."
Based on recent statements, there are a lot of allies in Europe cheering for success in Iraq.
Gone are the days of Chirac and Schroeder! We should be happy about that!
As for the "doom and gloom" Democrats, they live in a world where everybody hates Pres. Bush, the economy is horrible, the sky is falling, the poles are melting, the bears are dying, the birds are dropping off the sky, the bridges are collapsing, everybody is unhappy and misery is all around. It must be sad to be so unhappy when there are so many reasons to be happy!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- Friday's show: Jonathan Henry on Iraq!
- CNN goofed big time!
- The US economy makes fools of the "doom and gloome...
- In the US, you must speak English!
- Don't blame some of us for scratching our heads!
- Rep. Hyde was one of my favorite Republicans!
- No knockout punches but CNN needs help!
- Wed's show: Allan Wall and a review of the situati...
- Romney is right about families
- These two are made for each other!
- The controversy over the NFL network!
- War? What is it good for? Read and find out!
- They call it "Flambée"
- 2008 is all about the judiciary!
- We remember Brig. Gen. Tibbets!
- Jimmy Rollins, great MVP choice
- My bet is on the dollar!
- The "how did this happen" Democrats?
- We support Pres. Sarkozy
- The border mess is real!
- Monday's show: A chat with Cassy!
- No diversity on the Dems' side!
- What a great Thanksgiving weekend!
- So what about that dollar and the US economy?
- Required reading: Walter Williams on class warfare...
- The incredible Naomi Wolf
- Thanskgiving 1967 and The Bee Gees's "Massachusett...
- Thanksgiving humor: Hillary and the turkey
- Go Texas A&M Aggies! Beat Texas!
- The 10-1 Cowboys proved me wrong and that's great!...
- Happy Thanksgiving to you and family
- Iran and the story of the scorpion
- On Thanksgiving, we say thanks for the great work ...
- The Clinton's Thanksgiving dinner
- Prof. VD Hanson and Europe
- The "20%" Democrat Congress!
- Spain, the trial and terrorism
- We didn't quit and that's why things are looking g...
- Can someone whisper something in Pres. Calderon's ...
- On trade, Hillary Clinton sounds more like Nader t...
- Good morning: The BBC has a left bias!
- The Iraqis are smiling and it's about time!
- Sarkozy is not backing down
- After further review, CNN didn't do a good job!
- Monday's show: Don, Rick and Jerome
- The Democrats refuse to see success in Iraq
- Send a message to an injured soldier!
- New citizens want immigration laws enforced!
- Joe Nuxall, the answer to a great baseball questio...
- The Dems are coming after your wallet!
- Our new friends in Europe!
- Why should we believe what Hillary Clinton is sayi...
- Friday's show: An update on the debate and politic...
- Who is still apologizing for Hugo Chavez?
- Why so much silence about Iraq!
- On illegal immigration, the Mexican government doe...
- Can the Dems say victory?
- Is Hillary a control freak?
- Bad polls for the party of poll readers!
- Bush hatred is now beyond insanity!
- It's Thursday: What position will Hillary Clinton...
- Clintonism 101: Bill pardons, Hillary gets contrib...
- Don't back down Pres. Sarkozy!
- Wednesday's show: Baseball and those 8-1 Cowboys!...
- Hillary and those planted questions!
- Why is Bill O'Reilly so successful?
- Where is the good news on the front page?
- Is Hillary Clinton inevitable like the Mets?
- Watch out for illegal immigration in 2008!
- The 0 for 40 Dems are batting .000!
- No troops plus an unwillingness to fight equals US...
- Monday's show: Lots of issues today!
- Is Senator McCain back in the game?
- Dear Hugo: I think that you need a "cambio" in st...
- Can some Dems afford to see success in Iraq?
- Thank you King of Spain! Thanks for telling Hugo ...
- A weekend for heroes: Happy Veterans Day and Happy...
- The Dems should listen to Lieberman!
- A great photo and good news from Iraq!
- Sarkozy comes to the US
- Friday's show: We talk about Dr. Biscet, Cuban pol...
- Before you get all worked up about global warming....
- Listen to the tape: Bill coaches Hillary!
- Cartoon: Will you miss the writers?
- Hillary Clinton is not the first Democrat to have ...
- It's getting interesting for the Republicans
- Wed's show: A conversation with Jack Kelly
- I guess that Dick Morris doesn't like Hillary Clin...
- The real problem with the Clintons!
- The Dems will make the case that the war on terror...
- How low can the amazing Sr. LO go?
- Where is Jesse Jackson when a Cuban gets thrown in...
- Monday's show: A look at newspapers and declining ...
- On immigration, the "free ride" is over for the De...
- You can't negotiate with Iran without the military...
- Your weekend cartoon and the California fires
- A real hero in Castro's prisons!
- The 40 year old Dandelion!
- The anti-choice Democrats!
- Don't gang up on the little woman!
- The Hillary waltz
- The Dems need to stop torturing the judge!
- Friday's show: What's going on in Iraq?
- Friday and another great jobs report!
- Hillary Clinton will tell you.....after the electi...
- More bad news for the doom and gloom crowd
- Now, Hillary is a victim again!
- Clinton-talk is all about dancing around issues
- ▼ November (108)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)