Monday, November 19, 2007
The Democrats refuse to see success in Iraq
It's an amazing morning when the liberal Washington Post starts an editorial like this:
"THE EVIDENCE is now overwhelming that the "surge" of U.S. military forces in Iraq this year has been, in purely military terms, a remarkable success. By every metric used to measure the war -- total attacks, U.S. casualties, Iraqi casualties, suicide bombings, roadside bombs -- there has been an enormous improvement since January. U.S. commanders report that al-Qaeda has been cleared from large areas it once controlled and that its remaining forces in Iraq are reeling. Markets in Baghdad are reopening, and the curfew is being eased; the huge refugee flow out of the country has begun to reverse itself. Credit for these achievements belongs in large part to U.S. soldiers in Iraq, who took on a tremendously challenging new counterterrorism strategy and made it work; to Gen. David H. Petraeus, the architect of that strategy; and to President Bush, for making the decision to launch the surge against the advice of most of Congress and the country's foreign policy elite." (Iraq's Narrow Window)
The editorial does not give the Bush administration an A-plus. There are still problems but improvements are all over the board. Frankly, things were not perfect in Europe 1945 either! There are always challenges. The key is the trend line. In Iraq, the trend line is good. See Sects unite to battle Al Qaeda in Iraq! See It's true: Iraq is a quagmire for Al Qaeda by Jack Kelly! See Looking At Iraq In Macro-time By Michael Barone!
Yet, the Dems don't want to see or even admit that success is happening in Iraq. At some point, this is beyond partisanship. This is dishonesty.
The Dems should listen to liberal Michael Goodwin (Despite a mortal terrorist threat against America, Dem contenders see no evil).
The Dems' party base is so angry with Pres. Bush that they have lost their common sense. Frankly, the base is going to be very disappointed if Obama or Clinton walk into the Oval Office. A future Dem president is going to have fight this war and that won't make the defeatist base happy. The war on terror is about awful choices and options. The choices are not going to get better because a Dem is in the Oval Office. (Just ask Bill Clinton about dealing with Iraq and the Security Council in '98)
How unhappy is the base going to be with a Dem president? Ask them about Pelosi and Reid. In the meantime, it'd be honest for a Dem presidential candidate to challenge the party base and praise the success in Iraq.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (18)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- Friday's show: Jonathan Henry on Iraq!
- CNN goofed big time!
- The US economy makes fools of the "doom and gloome...
- In the US, you must speak English!
- Don't blame some of us for scratching our heads!
- Rep. Hyde was one of my favorite Republicans!
- No knockout punches but CNN needs help!
- Wed's show: Allan Wall and a review of the situati...
- Romney is right about families
- These two are made for each other!
- The controversy over the NFL network!
- War? What is it good for? Read and find out!
- They call it "Flambée"
- 2008 is all about the judiciary!
- We remember Brig. Gen. Tibbets!
- Jimmy Rollins, great MVP choice
- My bet is on the dollar!
- The "how did this happen" Democrats?
- We support Pres. Sarkozy
- The border mess is real!
- Monday's show: A chat with Cassy!
- No diversity on the Dems' side!
- What a great Thanksgiving weekend!
- So what about that dollar and the US economy?
- Required reading: Walter Williams on class warfare...
- The incredible Naomi Wolf
- Thanskgiving 1967 and The Bee Gees's "Massachusett...
- Thanksgiving humor: Hillary and the turkey
- Go Texas A&M Aggies! Beat Texas!
- The 10-1 Cowboys proved me wrong and that's great!...
- Happy Thanksgiving to you and family
- Iran and the story of the scorpion
- On Thanksgiving, we say thanks for the great work ...
- The Clinton's Thanksgiving dinner
- Prof. VD Hanson and Europe
- The "20%" Democrat Congress!
- Spain, the trial and terrorism
- We didn't quit and that's why things are looking g...
- Can someone whisper something in Pres. Calderon's ...
- On trade, Hillary Clinton sounds more like Nader t...
- Good morning: The BBC has a left bias!
- The Iraqis are smiling and it's about time!
- Sarkozy is not backing down
- After further review, CNN didn't do a good job!
- Monday's show: Don, Rick and Jerome
- The Democrats refuse to see success in Iraq
- Send a message to an injured soldier!
- New citizens want immigration laws enforced!
- Joe Nuxall, the answer to a great baseball questio...
- The Dems are coming after your wallet!
- Our new friends in Europe!
- Why should we believe what Hillary Clinton is sayi...
- Friday's show: An update on the debate and politic...
- Who is still apologizing for Hugo Chavez?
- Why so much silence about Iraq!
- On illegal immigration, the Mexican government doe...
- Can the Dems say victory?
- Is Hillary a control freak?
- Bad polls for the party of poll readers!
- Bush hatred is now beyond insanity!
- It's Thursday: What position will Hillary Clinton...
- Clintonism 101: Bill pardons, Hillary gets contrib...
- Don't back down Pres. Sarkozy!
- Wednesday's show: Baseball and those 8-1 Cowboys!...
- Hillary and those planted questions!
- Why is Bill O'Reilly so successful?
- Where is the good news on the front page?
- Is Hillary Clinton inevitable like the Mets?
- Watch out for illegal immigration in 2008!
- The 0 for 40 Dems are batting .000!
- No troops plus an unwillingness to fight equals US...
- Monday's show: Lots of issues today!
- Is Senator McCain back in the game?
- Dear Hugo: I think that you need a "cambio" in st...
- Can some Dems afford to see success in Iraq?
- Thank you King of Spain! Thanks for telling Hugo ...
- A weekend for heroes: Happy Veterans Day and Happy...
- The Dems should listen to Lieberman!
- A great photo and good news from Iraq!
- Sarkozy comes to the US
- Friday's show: We talk about Dr. Biscet, Cuban pol...
- Before you get all worked up about global warming....
- Listen to the tape: Bill coaches Hillary!
- Cartoon: Will you miss the writers?
- Hillary Clinton is not the first Democrat to have ...
- It's getting interesting for the Republicans
- Wed's show: A conversation with Jack Kelly
- I guess that Dick Morris doesn't like Hillary Clin...
- The real problem with the Clintons!
- The Dems will make the case that the war on terror...
- How low can the amazing Sr. LO go?
- Where is Jesse Jackson when a Cuban gets thrown in...
- Monday's show: A look at newspapers and declining ...
- On immigration, the "free ride" is over for the De...
- You can't negotiate with Iran without the military...
- Your weekend cartoon and the California fires
- A real hero in Castro's prisons!
- The 40 year old Dandelion!
- The anti-choice Democrats!
- Don't gang up on the little woman!
- The Hillary waltz
- The Dems need to stop torturing the judge!
- Friday's show: What's going on in Iraq?
- Friday and another great jobs report!
- Hillary Clinton will tell you.....after the electi...
- More bad news for the doom and gloom crowd
- Now, Hillary is a victim again!
- Clinton-talk is all about dancing around issues
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)