Saturday, October 13, 2007
Friday's show: Irving TX and illegal immigration
On Friday's show, we spoke about Irving, TX and illegal immigration.
Irving, Texas, is a very nice city between Dallas and Ft. Worth. It has enjoyed rapid growth because of good schools, Las Colinas, Texas Stadium, DFW International Airport, a pro-business local government and lots of families who live there. Irving has big plans, as you can see in this report.
It works like this:
"Step 1: Irving police go about their business of arresting lawbreakers.
Step 2: Jail officials go about their duty of determining the identity of each suspect.
Step 3: If evidence of illegal immigrant status arises, someone picks up the phone to federal immigration officials and, if warranted, the deportation wheels turn." (Mark Davis)
The Mexican consulate is claiming "racial profiling". Of course, it's a bit silly to claim racial profiling in a city that is 40% Hispanic! Anyway, Illegal immigrants make up 11% of Irving's arrest total!
Also, why is Mexico involved in this anyway? In simple terms, Mexico needs to get its nose out of US politics! (Mexico’s Undiplomatic Diplomats)
Irving is actually doing what Mexico does everyday. Have you spoken to any Central American who entered Mexico illegally? (Mexican envoy hits own policies)
I guess that Mexico believes in immigration laws except for Mexican illegals in the US:
"We're starting to think that what is inevitable in the modern age is for the president of Mexico – no matter who he is – to meddle in U.S. immigration policy instead of focusing on creating jobs at home so migrants don't have to leave their country in order to feed their families.
Calderón wasn't speaking broadly about people migrating to his country from Central and South America.
That armed guards are stationed along the border between Mexico and Guatemala would suggest the Mexican government doesn't consider all immigration to be “inevitable.” (Mexico should focus on creating jobs at home )
We are happy that Pres. Calderon wants to protect Mexicans all over the world. However, he should start by making Mexico more attractive to Mexicans!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- Wednesday's show: Free speech at the campus
- Blame Bush and then what?
- Beware of the Democrat who wants to raise taxes on...
- Happy Halloween (specially to the baby boomers)
- Hillary couldn't dance last night!
- Lt. Murphy, a great American hero!
- Guess who is cutting and running?
- Congratulations to the Red Sox!
- Monday's show: More on the California fires!
- "Corrupt" Hugo!
- I feel sorry for global warming.....
- Is "Holiday" really 40 years old?
- The "buy 1 and you get 2" Clintons!
- Are the Democrats serious about terrorists?
- Beware of polls that over-sample Democrats!
- Can the media handle a victory in Iraq?
- So you want multinational operations?
- Your weekend cartoon
- Friday's show: Let's talk about Fred Thompson!
- It's time for Dems to get serious about Iran!
- The anti-war movement is not moving public opinion...
- Gov. Romney is right on free trade
- McCain has the best TV ad....so far!
- Stop the blame game in California
- Wednesday's show: Baseball, dishwashers and Calif...
- Fred Thompson advances an immigration plan
- Is Mexico ready for "El Plan"?
- Osama is losing and he knows it!
- The Clintons and Chinese money
- More on the truth about Che!
- Entitlements, and the war on terror, will dominate...
- Monday's show: A chat with Captain Ed about The L...
- Iraq and the truth
- Hillary Clinton and the dishwashers!
- 2006....a year later!
- Debate, part 2: One of these guys plus Huckabee
- Science yes, global warming fanatics no!
- It was a great debate!
- Guess who is winning in Iraq, part 4
- Your weekend cartoon
- A little cold water on Gore's theories!
- Rush Limbaugh made fools of Dems!
- Friday's show: A chat with Rick Moran about Hilla...
- This is no way to treat Joe Torre!
- General Sanchez speaks, part 2
- Is Hillary Clinton experienced?
- What about that "Latino vote"?
- What happens when the turkeys mess with Turkey?
- Who is actually using children for political purpo...
- The facts are not with Gore on global warming!
- More anti-free trade tones from the Democrats!
- The Dems sink to a new low!
- Wednesday's show: From the Rockies to immigration!...
- Fox and Calderon are not helping!
- McCain sees the big picture and Hillary Clinton re...
- Our Congress is now Saturday Night Live every day!...
- What about that "budget deficit"?
- Monday's show: A chat with Herbert Gears, mayor o...
- We need a rational discussion of global warming
- Hillary Clinton is all about "getting votes"
- What did General Sanchez really say?
- Friday's show: Irving TX and illegal immigration
- The Nobel Peace Prize and Gore
- A British judge nails Gore!
- Did the bugs kill the Yankees?
- Speaker Pelosi and the Dems created these people o...
- Wednesday's show: Some thoughts on Vicente Fox, J...
- Memo to Mrs. Carter: Please hide Jimmy!
- Sandy Berger returns?
- Who is winning in Iraq, part 3
- Pres. Fox with O'Reilly
- Monday's show: A chat with Claudia about Cuba
- Hey Vicente! Stay away from microphones!
- Sandy Berger: Why isn't this a scandal?
- Guess who is winning in Iraq, part 2
- Guess who is winning in Iraq?
- We should listen to Ann Romney
- Does Senator Obama really want to president?
- The polls are not clear on an Iraq withdrawal
- US economy up, doom and gloomers down again!
- Friday's show: The week in review
- Che is dead, specially among young Cubans
- Senator McCain gets an impressive endorsement!
- More Limbaugh insanity
- The anti-Limbaugh insanity
- Congress at 22%----wonder why?
- Iran is hurdle # 1 in stabilizing Iraq
- Wednesday's show: A chat with Hector Tobar about ...
- We can't govern but we can get Rush!
- Dems would rather whine about Limbaugh than talk a...
- The "weak Dems" are the scandal not Limbaugh or O'...
- Monday's show: Lots of baseball
- Pres. Bush should veto the SCHIP
- Justice Thomas was great on "60 Minutes"
- ▼ October (94)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)