Saturday, September 08, 2007
It feels like 1996!
Close your eyes and it's 1996 all over again. For a little trip down memory lane:
"In 1998, the Senate Government Affairs Committee report on the Clintons' 1996 fundraising scandal claimed "strong circumstantial evidence" that the Riadys may have illegally funneled money into the 1996 campaign.
Whether they did or not, that 1996 campaign abounded with dubious Asian donors many of whom paid hefty fines for illegal contributions.
Former Democratic National Committee finance chair, John Huang, pleaded guilty to felony campaign finance violations after the Justice Department estimated that he arranged for some $156,000 in illegal contributions to his party.
Just to be safe, the party returned more than $1 million. Pauline Kanchanalak, a Thai businesswoman, admitted to making $690,000 in illegal contributions to the Democrats, $457,000 after a June 18, 1996 coffee at the White House with President Clinton.
Charlie Trie, a former fry cook from Little Rock, was convicted of federal campaign finance violations after he donated nearly $300,000 to the Democrats in the mid-1990s and personally delivered at least $640,000 in questionable checks and money orders to the Clintons' legal defense.
Taiwan-born Maria Hsia, a friend of Al Gore's since 1988, was convicted of arranging more than $100,000 of illegal donations to the Democratic Party during the 1996 presidential cycle from a Buddhist temple." (The Clintons' Chop Suey Connection)
Now we hear that Hsu disappeared and reappeared. What will happen? I'm not sure. But it sure feels like 1996 all over again!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- What's the big deal about a photo ID?
- Barbara Lewis was one of my favorite singers
- Friday's show: A little bit of everything!
- 2nd graders do not need to hear about homosexualit...
- Pres. Sarkozy is great
- Bush Derangement Syndrome in Madrid
- Wednesday's show: A chat with Captain Ed
- The poll readers have a new position on the Iraq W...
- 200 hits again: Congratulations to Michael Young
- Homosexuals and Iran!
- Will any UN speaker thank the US for picking up 22...
- This young woman will never speak at Columbia Univ...
- Monday's show: Columbia and The NY Times!
- More on Ahmadinejad's visit
- The Gray lady is a tramp
- Who cares about the euro's value?
- What happened in Syria last week?
- Columbia University and The NY Times are sitting d...
- Thursday's show: Iran president wants to visit NY?...
- Why are Dems afraid of FOX NEWS?
- What happens when you vote for poll readers?
- Tuesday's show: Cowboys, Rudy-G, HIllary and Iran
- Vicente's new book!
- A new Che biography
- Moveon.org and the Dems are one!
- Bash Bush and then read the book for the real info...
- Are the Dems going to get stuck with Hillary Clint...
- Moveon.org is a mess of messy proportions!
- MoveOn.Org during World War II
- How insane is the American left?
- The Democrats are Calderon's "pesadilla" or nightm...
- Rudy-G goes after poll-reader Hillary!
- Remembering The Ronettes, my favorite "all girl" g...
- The Clintons and Mr. Hsu
- The surge is working and Al Qaeda is acting like i...
- SUPPORT OUR TROOPS TODAY!
- Thursday's show: A chat with Don Surber
- Rudy's ad is great!
- Bush trips the Democrats again!
- What Democrat will challenge MoveOn.org?
- Rudy Guiliani goes after The NY Times and Hillary ...
- The New York Times hits a new low!
- Hillary Clinton goes from Hsu to Berger?
- The pathetic state of the US left!
- McCain goes after Clinton (and I love it!)
- Cheers for Laura!
- The week that a general made the crazies even craz...
- What Democrats will denounce the MoveOn.org attack...
- Where did we get all of these military experts in ...
- The left is out of control!
- The Dems are the "creepy mother in law" party
- Tuesday's show and Fred Thompson
- Code Pink and left wingers are now the Democrat Pa...
- Support General Petraeus
- Will The NY Times apologize to the German people?
- 9-11 plus 6!
- The general speaks!
- The Dems must stand up and criticize the MoveOn.or...
- We are not victims! Talk to us in English!
- At least, Obama wants to cut taxes!
- Dear Arianna: This is what happens when you suppor...
- Are the Dems running against the Clinton years?
- It feels like 1996!
- The Pope is right about abortion
- Osama is disappointed with Reid & Pelosi!
- The amazing Pavarotti
- Luciano, the Cowboys and Republican debate
- How about a bipartisan cheer?
- The Dems will regret going after Gen. Petraeus
- The Dems are looking to "cut and run" from "cut an...
- The debate plus Fred's announcement
- The year of the rat and a Clinton running for pres...
- Fred needs to get into the debate
- Great new TV ad from Mitt Romney
- It's time for Chemical Ali to join Saddam in hell
- Talking baseball with Paul Greco and politics with...
- Say it ain't so, Felipe!
- Fidel is crazy about Clinton-Obama, part 2
- Let the Mexican trucks in!
- Lots to cheer about on Labor Day!
- Mother Theresa died ten years ago, too!
- Katrina myths and Bush Bashing!
- Another Clinton, another donation controversy!
- How did Fidel outlast US presidents?
- The summer of 1967 and The Bee Gees
- ▼ September (85)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)