Friday, May 11, 2007
Why were Democrats rude to Pres. Uribe?
Colombia's Pres. Uribe is one of the most responsible leaders in Latin America. Like Mexico's Pres. Calderon, Uribe enjoys strong support back home because he is dealing with the problems.
Yet, the Democrats treated Pres. Uribe poorly during his recent trip to the US.
Why? Because Uribe believes in making decisions and solving problems. The Democrats believe in making speeches and non-binding resolutions.
What are the Democrats thinking?
Robert Novak had a great article about Uribe and the Democrats:
"The first Colombian president to crack down on his country's corrupt army officer hierarchy, and to assault both right-wing paramilitaries and left-wing guerrillas, last week confronted Democrats wedded to out-of-date claims of civil rights abuses and to rigidly protectionist dogma.
This is remarkable U.S. treatment for a rare friend on the South American continent, where Venezuela's leftist dictator Hugo Chavez can only exult in Uribe's embarrassment as he builds an anti-American bloc of nations.
A former congressional staffer, who in 1999 helped author Plan Colombia against narco-guerrillas, told me:
"President Uribe may be the odd man out, and that's no way to treat our best ally in South America." (How to Lose an Ally)
In the real world, we choose to support men like Uribe or we will create more room for men like Chavez.
The Democrats do not understand that governing is part of serving in Washington. Unfortunately, they don't see that Uribe is dealing with horrible options in Colombia.
Uribe is our friend.
What are the Democrats thinking? Unfortunately, they are not thinking.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- The Reagan Diaries is a wonderful trip back to the...
- My show on Thursday: We support the people of Vene...
- Some Mexicans were very rude to Miss USA
- Chavez is showing his true colors
- Read The New York Times at your own risk
- A new view of abortion
- The terror manual: Are you still confused about t...
- What is Spain's PM Rod-Zapatero saying today?
- Sorry! I don't want to read another article about...
- The parties and national security
- A little e-mail humor for your long weekend
- Thank you to the US soldier for fighting our enemi...
- The 18-32 Rangers
- Memorial Day is about heroes like Nathan Aguirre
- Abortion and future workers
- No one is popular in Washington these days!
- A great thought about Pres. Carter
- It's time to leash Gore!
- Hugo Chavez has a familiar plan
- The federal deficit
- What now in Iraq?
- Michael Moore, US liberal vs Corki Aguila, Cuban d...
- The Dems are political cowards but it is Bush's fa...
- Today, we will talk to the Mitt Romney campaign
- Thank God we are showing some force off Iran!
- Immigration reform is a very sticky issue
- Is there a bigger fraud than John Edwards?
- Why are liberals afraid of talk radio?
- What can we learn from the old "brasero" program?
- The Democrats and Iraq!
- Gas prices and taxes
- The lawsuit madness
- Al Qaeda is in Iraq!
- Some thoughts about Mexico
- What would Groucho Marx say about this?
- Now, let's watch the Dems argue about immigration!...
- The disconnect between the political class and the...
- Jimmy Carter has a lot of nerve!
- We have a long way to go....
- Fred Thompson goes after Michael Moore
- My interview with Allan Wall
- The poll readers in the Democrat Party
- A quick report card on the debate
- A word about Rev. Jerry Falwell
- Immigration, national security and the rule of law...
- Why isn't the media asking about the Democrats' P...
- Is Mexico ready for a real war?
- The real sicko is Michael Moore
- Happy Mothers Day!
- Great Cartoon: The NY Times news room reacts to S...
- Another good Friday of economic news
- Why were Democrats rude to Pres. Uribe?
- What will happen to Sharpton for these remarks?
- Where are Americans going?
- Happy Mothers Day (Latin America)
- Please listen to my show on BlogTalk Radio
- What a shock: The NY Times hates Sarkozy
- Are you still listening to the BBC and reading its...
- Do not read if you are negative!
- How can some Democrats believe this?
- Some of the marchers need a dose of common sense!
- They like Pres. Calderon in Mexico
- Gingrich on the war on terror
- Our sides loses....so we burn your car!
- Why are you still reading TIME?
- Check out a new Mexico website
- Another post on Pres. Calderon
- Tenet's book has backfired!
- Tonight, we welcome France back to the West!
- 2008 will be about national security
- The Mavericks will be back!
- Humberto Fontova and Cuba's health care hoax
- Expensive dry cleaning?
- Hillary's new (and won't be the last) position on ...
- Thank you Mexicans!
- Guess who is supporting Pres. Bush in Iraq?
- "Cinco de Mayo" is not Mexico's July 4th!
- 'La fuite des jeunes' and "la securite" should win...
- The party of poll readers
- McCain knows best: Surrender is not an option
- How about McCain-Romney?
- Why did Tenet get so much money to say nothing?
- How does Guiliani-Thompson sound to you?
- 7 too many!
- Romney was great last night!
- Are politicians in Washington hearing the public o...
- Everybody wants to be the next Reagan
- Two more Al Qaeda leaders killed in Iraq but....
- Has anti-Americanism peaked in Europe?
- McCain and a new UN
- What Pres. Bush actually said!
- Concealed weapons protect us from criminals!
- No Fidel yesterday!
- Few marchers but voters can't stop talking about i...
- Guess who said this?
- Eddie Haskell superstar!
- Gore in Canada
- Good post on illegal immigration
- What's going on? Al Qaeda and chlorine gas in Ira...
- A quick word on the Dems debate
- First of May (remembering The Bee Gees)
- ▼ May (101)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)