Friday, May 25, 2007
What now in Iraq?
Yesterday, the Democrats gave Sen. Clinton and Sen. Obama lots of cover on the Iraq War vote. (Congress passes $120 billion Iraq bill)
Clinton & Obama voted against the funding because they knew that the US Senate would approve it. This is not a profile in courage. This is a profile in shameless political calculation.
Yesterday, we heard an unbelievable speech about the war on terror:
"Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards objects to the term, saying it has been concocted to give rhetorical support to the Bush administration’s foreign adventurism." (By Any Other Name?)
Frankly, it was a lot of hot air from Edwards. Osama bin Laden declared war in '96 and again in '98. Al Qaeda attacked US interests before 9/11.
How serious is Edwards? He is not! Edwards is either drinking something bad or has decided that rushing to the far left is the only way that he can come out Iowa or New Hampshire as a credible candidate.
Where are we? Let's check out Professor VD Hanson:
"Democrats who claim we took our eye off al Qaeda when we went into Iraq won’t explain how getting out will allow us to put both our eyes back on them when they’re in a nuclear Pakistan. Democrats who assure us that the war is “lost” and the surge hopeless will not cut off funding for it, damn its architect Gen. Petraeus, or explain how in good conscious they can send more soldiers into harm’s way for a war they assure us we can’t possibly win." (Another Month in the War)
Where are we? We are headed into a critical summer. (Battling al Qaeda in Iraq) What's happening on the ground? See some good news! (Is al-Qaeda on the Run in Iraq?)
The enemy is going to throw everything at our troops (look out for chlorine gas !)
The enemy understands that their survival is on the line. Do we understand how close to victory we are? (You bet we can win )
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (38)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- The Reagan Diaries is a wonderful trip back to the...
- My show on Thursday: We support the people of Vene...
- Some Mexicans were very rude to Miss USA
- Chavez is showing his true colors
- Read The New York Times at your own risk
- A new view of abortion
- The terror manual: Are you still confused about t...
- What is Spain's PM Rod-Zapatero saying today?
- Sorry! I don't want to read another article about...
- The parties and national security
- A little e-mail humor for your long weekend
- Thank you to the US soldier for fighting our enemi...
- The 18-32 Rangers
- Memorial Day is about heroes like Nathan Aguirre
- Abortion and future workers
- No one is popular in Washington these days!
- A great thought about Pres. Carter
- It's time to leash Gore!
- Hugo Chavez has a familiar plan
- The federal deficit
- What now in Iraq?
- Michael Moore, US liberal vs Corki Aguila, Cuban d...
- The Dems are political cowards but it is Bush's fa...
- Today, we will talk to the Mitt Romney campaign
- Thank God we are showing some force off Iran!
- Immigration reform is a very sticky issue
- Is there a bigger fraud than John Edwards?
- Why are liberals afraid of talk radio?
- What can we learn from the old "brasero" program?
- The Democrats and Iraq!
- Gas prices and taxes
- The lawsuit madness
- Al Qaeda is in Iraq!
- Some thoughts about Mexico
- What would Groucho Marx say about this?
- Now, let's watch the Dems argue about immigration!...
- The disconnect between the political class and the...
- Jimmy Carter has a lot of nerve!
- We have a long way to go....
- Fred Thompson goes after Michael Moore
- My interview with Allan Wall
- The poll readers in the Democrat Party
- A quick report card on the debate
- A word about Rev. Jerry Falwell
- Immigration, national security and the rule of law...
- Why isn't the media asking about the Democrats' P...
- Is Mexico ready for a real war?
- The real sicko is Michael Moore
- Happy Mothers Day!
- Great Cartoon: The NY Times news room reacts to S...
- Another good Friday of economic news
- Why were Democrats rude to Pres. Uribe?
- What will happen to Sharpton for these remarks?
- Where are Americans going?
- Happy Mothers Day (Latin America)
- Please listen to my show on BlogTalk Radio
- What a shock: The NY Times hates Sarkozy
- Are you still listening to the BBC and reading its...
- Do not read if you are negative!
- How can some Democrats believe this?
- Some of the marchers need a dose of common sense!
- They like Pres. Calderon in Mexico
- Gingrich on the war on terror
- Our sides loses....so we burn your car!
- Why are you still reading TIME?
- Check out a new Mexico website
- Another post on Pres. Calderon
- Tenet's book has backfired!
- Tonight, we welcome France back to the West!
- 2008 will be about national security
- The Mavericks will be back!
- Humberto Fontova and Cuba's health care hoax
- Expensive dry cleaning?
- Hillary's new (and won't be the last) position on ...
- Thank you Mexicans!
- Guess who is supporting Pres. Bush in Iraq?
- "Cinco de Mayo" is not Mexico's July 4th!
- 'La fuite des jeunes' and "la securite" should win...
- The party of poll readers
- McCain knows best: Surrender is not an option
- How about McCain-Romney?
- Why did Tenet get so much money to say nothing?
- How does Guiliani-Thompson sound to you?
- 7 too many!
- Romney was great last night!
- Are politicians in Washington hearing the public o...
- Everybody wants to be the next Reagan
- Two more Al Qaeda leaders killed in Iraq but....
- Has anti-Americanism peaked in Europe?
- McCain and a new UN
- What Pres. Bush actually said!
- Concealed weapons protect us from criminals!
- No Fidel yesterday!
- Few marchers but voters can't stop talking about i...
- Guess who said this?
- Eddie Haskell superstar!
- Gore in Canada
- Good post on illegal immigration
- What's going on? Al Qaeda and chlorine gas in Ira...
- A quick word on the Dems debate
- First of May (remembering The Bee Gees)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)