Sunday, November 05, 2006
This is a great day for those of us who hate dictators!
During his reign of terror, Saddam Hussein used chemical weapons twice. He used them against the Iranian army and the Kurds. See Did someone tell the Kurds that Saddam did not have WMDs?
In '90, he invaded Kuwait and unspeakable crimes were committed. As dictator of Iraq, he did not accept any dissent. Homes were sacked. Fathers were forced to watch their daughters raped by soldiers. Mothers were forced to watch the execution of their sons.
Beyond these atrocities, Saddam was shooting at US and UK planes enforcing UN resolutions. He refused to live by the 17 resolutions that followed the '91 cease fire.
Why did Saddam behave this way? He did not think that a US president had the courage to take him out. He spent the 90s playing cat and mouse with the West. His arrogance reached its peak when he kicked out UN inspectors in '98. Saddam gave the UN the middle finger and the West was too "busy" to do anything.
Today, Saddam was found guilty.
This is great victory for justice and it closes a horrible chapter in Iraq. In simple terms, this man is not coming back.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 7:44 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- Happy birthday, Sir Winston Churchill
- Are we tough enough to defend ourselves?
- It was a lot easier when they were screaming from ...
- "The Economist" and Mexico
- The Mexican "sleep over party"
- Unfortunately, history repeats itself
- Another reason to dislike Lopez-Obrador
- Is this progress? I don't think so!
- The NY Times deserves to lose this one
- The press and the war, part 3
- Silence on immigration reform
- What are border agents saying?
- Our allies need to stand up and face the music
- Will Mexicans say TGIF?
- Rudy will be OK
- Where is Fidel?
- What else do you expect from "poll readers"?
- How about a fairy tale?
- Where are the feminists?
- Bad news for Hispanic women!
- Free trade and the Democrats
- A note about Iran
- The press and the war, part 2
- Democrats and border security
- So you want to live in Europe?
- Those crazy San Francisco values
- I support a draft
- The press and the war
- Dallas is mad about Romo
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Fidel and the Latin American left are not doing we...
- New poll on illegal immigration
- The Iraq factor in the last election
- Thanksgiving is about family
- Farmers Branch and the rule of law
- Let's hope that Mexico's serious leaders show up o...
- What part about "they want to kill us" don't you u...
- Jeb Babbin on winning
- Are you tired of these movie stars mocking marriag...
- English 101: How to understand liberal words
- A very early "Feliz Navidad" for Alfonso Soriano
- Let's go for victory now!
- The new center-right coalition
- The Democrats and free trade
- The Democrats and immigration reform
- Is Mexico about to explode?
- The BBC is a disaster not PM Blair
- Words of wisdom from Milton Friedman
- Another post on Milton Friedman
- Words have consequences!
- The minumum wage and the Democrats
- The incredible Texas economy
- Professor VD Hanson on the Democrats
- Good news: The blue dogs are back!
- The incredible life of Milton Friedman
- Will the news media investigate Democrats?
- John McIntyre on the 2006 election
- The 3 "sickos"
- And now what?
- More on Cuba's socialist paradise
- Who is sick? Fidel or the Cuban economy?
- It's early but it looks like Sen. McCain to me!
- Well done Pres. Ford
- Are you looking for a job? Call Ross Perot in Gua...
- Dear Senator Lieberman: Save us from too much donk...
- What about immigration now?
- The Democrats have friends in low places
- A voice of reason from Canada
- Welcome Ron Washington
- McCain and Lieberman: Two grown-ups on Meet the P...
- What about Iraq?
- Veterans Day and today's soldier
- What Democrat plan? I did not hear one!
- Why the elephant and the donkey?
- Protectionist Democrats in power?
- The polls?
- President Bush will bounce back
- The "free ride" is over for Democrats!
- Bad night (what else can I say?)
- Are the Europeans serious?
- The Republicans will hold the House and Senate
- The War on Terror: The #1 issue of our time
- Hey Raul Castro: Are you watching TV?
- Huge march against Chavez in Caracas
- Has anybody seen Nancy Pelosi?
- Pres. Bush was right about Iraq
- This is a great day for those of us who hate dicta...
- What about Social Security?
- It's election time: Let's remember Reagan
- Happy birthday, Mrs. Bush
- Did you hear this? Maquiladoras can't find worker...
- The terrorists can't vote but they have their favo...
- This is not funny, unless you find suicide bombers...
- Saddam had WMDs according to The NY Times!
- Happy weekend: Shareholder suit against The NY Tim...
- A word about Nathan Aguirre's funeral
- US unemployment is 4.4%: Another bad Friday for th...
- The NY Times is back with another front page story...
- Media bias and this election
- Kerry is another victim of Bush Derangement Syndro...
- Jews in Venezuela
- No more silence about Cuba's political dissidents
- Kerry's sense of humor?
- Who actually "volunteers" to serve in the military...
- One day late but Happy Halloween cubano anyway!
- From Major England to Senator Kerry
- How do you say "this is a mess" in French?
- Mexico's internal problems are hurting tourism
- The enemy can not win in Iraq but we can choose to...
- ▼ November (109)
- ► 2005 (400)