Friday, November 03, 2006
The NY Times is back with another front page story
Here is a good cartoon. Lies, dammed lies and The NY Times.
The NY Times is losing readers and posting financial losses. Yet, they are still running incomplete stories based on leaks of classified information.
See "New York Times Leaking Classified -- and Doctored? -- Information, Again " by Mario Loyola:
"I would just like to point out that the New York Times appears to have doctored the slide referred to in this brilliantly well-timed bit of election propaganda by removing the classification markings which are invariably found at the top and bottom of these slide (even when they are unclassified and this one was classified, as Central Command has already confirmed).
I want to know whether there is any level of national secret the Times is not willing to betray for the political advantage of its pet causes.
And I would like to know what else they may have doctored on the slide.
And while we're at it, I would love to understand why the law doesn't prohibit the propagation of strategic national secrets in wartime which has always been understood as treason."
A Return to the New York Times' SWIFT Disaster By Austin Bay makes a good point:
"The New York Times calculates it can defend itself against criminal charges involving the publication of classified material. Times editors intend to play "media martyrs" defending the First Amendment against a "government attack on a fundamental right." But we must speak truth to media as well as government and corporate abuse of power."
First, prosecute the leakers. Second, throw the NY Times reporter in jail until he releases the name of the person who is harming national security.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:35 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (38)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- Happy birthday, Sir Winston Churchill
- Are we tough enough to defend ourselves?
- It was a lot easier when they were screaming from ...
- "The Economist" and Mexico
- The Mexican "sleep over party"
- Unfortunately, history repeats itself
- Another reason to dislike Lopez-Obrador
- Is this progress? I don't think so!
- The NY Times deserves to lose this one
- The press and the war, part 3
- Silence on immigration reform
- What are border agents saying?
- Our allies need to stand up and face the music
- Will Mexicans say TGIF?
- Rudy will be OK
- Where is Fidel?
- What else do you expect from "poll readers"?
- How about a fairy tale?
- Where are the feminists?
- Bad news for Hispanic women!
- Free trade and the Democrats
- A note about Iran
- The press and the war, part 2
- Democrats and border security
- So you want to live in Europe?
- Those crazy San Francisco values
- I support a draft
- The press and the war
- Dallas is mad about Romo
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Fidel and the Latin American left are not doing we...
- New poll on illegal immigration
- The Iraq factor in the last election
- Thanksgiving is about family
- Farmers Branch and the rule of law
- Let's hope that Mexico's serious leaders show up o...
- What part about "they want to kill us" don't you u...
- Jeb Babbin on winning
- Are you tired of these movie stars mocking marriag...
- English 101: How to understand liberal words
- A very early "Feliz Navidad" for Alfonso Soriano
- Let's go for victory now!
- The new center-right coalition
- The Democrats and free trade
- The Democrats and immigration reform
- Is Mexico about to explode?
- The BBC is a disaster not PM Blair
- Words of wisdom from Milton Friedman
- Another post on Milton Friedman
- Words have consequences!
- The minumum wage and the Democrats
- The incredible Texas economy
- Professor VD Hanson on the Democrats
- Good news: The blue dogs are back!
- The incredible life of Milton Friedman
- Will the news media investigate Democrats?
- John McIntyre on the 2006 election
- The 3 "sickos"
- And now what?
- More on Cuba's socialist paradise
- Who is sick? Fidel or the Cuban economy?
- It's early but it looks like Sen. McCain to me!
- Well done Pres. Ford
- Are you looking for a job? Call Ross Perot in Gua...
- Dear Senator Lieberman: Save us from too much donk...
- What about immigration now?
- The Democrats have friends in low places
- A voice of reason from Canada
- Welcome Ron Washington
- McCain and Lieberman: Two grown-ups on Meet the P...
- What about Iraq?
- Veterans Day and today's soldier
- What Democrat plan? I did not hear one!
- Why the elephant and the donkey?
- Protectionist Democrats in power?
- The polls?
- President Bush will bounce back
- The "free ride" is over for Democrats!
- Bad night (what else can I say?)
- Are the Europeans serious?
- The Republicans will hold the House and Senate
- The War on Terror: The #1 issue of our time
- Hey Raul Castro: Are you watching TV?
- Huge march against Chavez in Caracas
- Has anybody seen Nancy Pelosi?
- Pres. Bush was right about Iraq
- This is a great day for those of us who hate dicta...
- What about Social Security?
- It's election time: Let's remember Reagan
- Happy birthday, Mrs. Bush
- Did you hear this? Maquiladoras can't find worker...
- The terrorists can't vote but they have their favo...
- This is not funny, unless you find suicide bombers...
- Saddam had WMDs according to The NY Times!
- Happy weekend: Shareholder suit against The NY Tim...
- A word about Nathan Aguirre's funeral
- US unemployment is 4.4%: Another bad Friday for th...
- The NY Times is back with another front page story...
- Media bias and this election
- Kerry is another victim of Bush Derangement Syndro...
- Jews in Venezuela
- No more silence about Cuba's political dissidents
- Kerry's sense of humor?
- Who actually "volunteers" to serve in the military...
- One day late but Happy Halloween cubano anyway!
- From Major England to Senator Kerry
- How do you say "this is a mess" in French?
- Mexico's internal problems are hurting tourism
- The enemy can not win in Iraq but we can choose to...
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)