Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Kerry's sense of humor?
Let me say this. I don't believe that Senator Kerry meant to insult the troops. Unfortunately, he did and his silly apology has only compounded the problem.
What's going on? Why Kerry's crack matters By Michael Medved is the best explanation I've seen:
1. He clearly meant it.
2. Kerry’s Comments Highlighted the Democrats’ Longstanding (and uncomfortable) Position on the Wrong Side of the Nation’s Key Cultural Divides.
3. Kerry’s Words Expose the Essentially Fraudulent Nature of Contemporary Liberalism: Expressing Disrespect for the Very Americans the Left Claims to Defend.
4. You Can’t Portray the Troops as Pitiable Victims and Still Say You Support Them in their Mission.
I love this:
"The Kerry comments demonstrate the hollowness in Democratic insistence that “we support the troops.”
If you believe that the difficult mission to which they’ve devoted their lives represents a war crime and a catastrophe;
if you suggest that they’ve been snookered- or forced -into a meaningless, perhaps genocidal errand based on lies and greed and neo-con manipulation;
if you see the soldiers on the ground (and in the air and on the sea) as hapless, helpless pawns in some monstrous oil-company conspiracy, then in what significant sense do you support these poor, abused troops?
They see themselves as part of history’s most formidable fighting force – as self-reliant adults capable of following the Marine motto (“improvise, adapt and overcome”) for the sake of an important mission that history will judge generously.
Which side in the current debate about the war – Republicans or Democrats—comes closest to expressing the soldiers’ conception of themselves?
The margin for Republican candidates among military voters (which regularly approaches three-to-one) provides the most direct answer to that question.
The Kerry controversy represents a significant event because it highlights the contrast in GOP and Democratic attitudes with unexpected clarity."
In other words, liberal Democrats have a different sense of humor than the rest of us.
P.S. Watch this video just released by the RNC. It's great!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 5:21 PM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- Happy birthday, Sir Winston Churchill
- Are we tough enough to defend ourselves?
- It was a lot easier when they were screaming from ...
- "The Economist" and Mexico
- The Mexican "sleep over party"
- Unfortunately, history repeats itself
- Another reason to dislike Lopez-Obrador
- Is this progress? I don't think so!
- The NY Times deserves to lose this one
- The press and the war, part 3
- Silence on immigration reform
- What are border agents saying?
- Our allies need to stand up and face the music
- Will Mexicans say TGIF?
- Rudy will be OK
- Where is Fidel?
- What else do you expect from "poll readers"?
- How about a fairy tale?
- Where are the feminists?
- Bad news for Hispanic women!
- Free trade and the Democrats
- A note about Iran
- The press and the war, part 2
- Democrats and border security
- So you want to live in Europe?
- Those crazy San Francisco values
- I support a draft
- The press and the war
- Dallas is mad about Romo
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Fidel and the Latin American left are not doing we...
- New poll on illegal immigration
- The Iraq factor in the last election
- Thanksgiving is about family
- Farmers Branch and the rule of law
- Let's hope that Mexico's serious leaders show up o...
- What part about "they want to kill us" don't you u...
- Jeb Babbin on winning
- Are you tired of these movie stars mocking marriag...
- English 101: How to understand liberal words
- A very early "Feliz Navidad" for Alfonso Soriano
- Let's go for victory now!
- The new center-right coalition
- The Democrats and free trade
- The Democrats and immigration reform
- Is Mexico about to explode?
- The BBC is a disaster not PM Blair
- Words of wisdom from Milton Friedman
- Another post on Milton Friedman
- Words have consequences!
- The minumum wage and the Democrats
- The incredible Texas economy
- Professor VD Hanson on the Democrats
- Good news: The blue dogs are back!
- The incredible life of Milton Friedman
- Will the news media investigate Democrats?
- John McIntyre on the 2006 election
- The 3 "sickos"
- And now what?
- More on Cuba's socialist paradise
- Who is sick? Fidel or the Cuban economy?
- It's early but it looks like Sen. McCain to me!
- Well done Pres. Ford
- Are you looking for a job? Call Ross Perot in Gua...
- Dear Senator Lieberman: Save us from too much donk...
- What about immigration now?
- The Democrats have friends in low places
- A voice of reason from Canada
- Welcome Ron Washington
- McCain and Lieberman: Two grown-ups on Meet the P...
- What about Iraq?
- Veterans Day and today's soldier
- What Democrat plan? I did not hear one!
- Why the elephant and the donkey?
- Protectionist Democrats in power?
- The polls?
- President Bush will bounce back
- The "free ride" is over for Democrats!
- Bad night (what else can I say?)
- Are the Europeans serious?
- The Republicans will hold the House and Senate
- The War on Terror: The #1 issue of our time
- Hey Raul Castro: Are you watching TV?
- Huge march against Chavez in Caracas
- Has anybody seen Nancy Pelosi?
- Pres. Bush was right about Iraq
- This is a great day for those of us who hate dicta...
- What about Social Security?
- It's election time: Let's remember Reagan
- Happy birthday, Mrs. Bush
- Did you hear this? Maquiladoras can't find worker...
- The terrorists can't vote but they have their favo...
- This is not funny, unless you find suicide bombers...
- Saddam had WMDs according to The NY Times!
- Happy weekend: Shareholder suit against The NY Tim...
- A word about Nathan Aguirre's funeral
- US unemployment is 4.4%: Another bad Friday for th...
- The NY Times is back with another front page story...
- Media bias and this election
- Kerry is another victim of Bush Derangement Syndro...
- Jews in Venezuela
- No more silence about Cuba's political dissidents
- Kerry's sense of humor?
- Who actually "volunteers" to serve in the military...
- One day late but Happy Halloween cubano anyway!
- From Major England to Senator Kerry
- How do you say "this is a mess" in French?
- Mexico's internal problems are hurting tourism
- The enemy can not win in Iraq but we can choose to...
- ▼ November (109)
- ► 2005 (400)