Friday, October 27, 2006
We remember Nathan Aguirre, a young man killed in Iraq
Last week, I wrote about Nathan Aguirre, the young man from our church killed in Iraq. This is from the obituary:
"Spc. Aguirre, 21, died Sunday in Baghdad from injuries suffered when his patrol encountered enemy forces. He was an Army medic assigned to the 1st Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division based at Fort Hood.
Spc. Aguirre blogged about his experiences in Iraq on his MySpage page. Since his death, his page on the social networking Web site has turned into an online memorial where friends and others have posted messages about him.
Spc. Aguirre was born in Dec. 11, 1984, in San Antonio. His family later moved to Carrollton, where Spc. Aguirre met his best friend, Joseph Posenecker, at a church gathering. Mr. Posenecker described Spc. Aguirre as a leader and a responsible person."
Nathan was a great young man. Please express your condolences to the Aguirre family.
Nathan's death reminds us that we live in a dangerous world. We are grateful that young men like Nathan are willing to serve their country.
LISTEN TO OUR RECENT SHOWS
Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio
- ► 2016 (1907)
- ► 2015 (1193)
- ► 2014 (894)
- ► 2013 (834)
- ► 2012 (554)
- ► 2011 (836)
- ► 2010 (845)
- ► 2009 (1336)
- ► 2008 (1250)
- ► 2007 (1145)
- What was John Kerry thinking?
- Help Senator Santorum
- The USS Reagan is ready to go!
- The amazing Kerry and his latest remarks
- Pre-election violence?
- Happy Halloween?
- Mrs. Cheney and CNN
- The Oaxaca mess is not about teachers
- Raul faces an angry Cuba
- Obama is a good man but is he ready for the presid...
- What's going on in Paris?
- The US-Mexico border is a lot more dangerous than ...
- Enjoy my TV debate over the US-Mexico wall
- The Fox ad backfires in Maryland
- What happens to dissidents in Cuba?
- Is Raul moving closer to the US?
- Can you tell me what Obama stands for?
- Don't blame Rush Limbaugh for questioning what Mic...
- We remember Nathan Aguirre, a young man killed in ...
- Two years and still blogging
- Michael Fox's ad, part 2
- Sorry Michael, you are not telling the truth!
- Some thoughts about the End of Fidel
- Get ready because Fidel's death is coming soon
- Hey guys: Are you still using your cell phone
- Surveillance did not start with Bush!
- Those wonderful TV moms
- CNN, the video and my friend's son is killed in Ir...
- The Detroit Tigers are good for baseball!
- Baseball and winter?
- The BBC and The NY Times have gone overboard with ...
- The mess on the US-Mexico border is a national sec...
- Are you looking for a job? Move to Texas!
- What about the US economy?
- Great week for the US economy but bad week for The...
- The Democrats' latest message: Vote for us and we...
- This is about turnout not polls!
- The World Series: Tigers in 6
- Fidel and the Internet
- Rush had the last laugh!
- Bad week for Hugo
- Has anybody seen Fidel?
- The Democrats deserve an electoral butt kick of hi...
- What if Senator Reid was a conservative Republican...
- Too much sex everywhere hurts teenagers!
- Austin Bay on Steyn's new book
- What Fidel Castro once said......
- Thomas Friedman on the uptick in violence from Ira...
- Another post on Steele's campaign
- Why do so many Democrats hate what Michael Steele ...
- Is Chavez a liability? Many voters think so!
- Life in North Korea is horrible
- What's going on in Paris now?
- Why are so many Democrats sounding like Republican...
- A great book!
- The Mexican left lost!
- What's going on in North Korea?
- A very positive and different Rev. Jackson!
- Most of us are tired of this mindless anti-America...
- George Will is my favorite baseball writer
- If you care about Mexico then read this IBD editor...
- The New York Times: All the fiction that's fit to ...
- A very real look at Iraq
- My money is on Rove
- What are the polls really saying?
- Illegal immigration lawsuits are the latest idea!
- It's time for the world to get serious with North ...
- No lettuce or spinach this Halloween
- Congratulations Detroit Tigers
- What's going on at The New York Times?
- The 2008 Dems without Mark Warner
- What if Pres. Bush had not invaded Iraq?
- We want Mexico to be prosperous and self sufficien...
- Anyone keeping up with the economy?
- An ugly "Friday the 13th" for Al Franken and Harry...
- Baseball and snow?
- Another funny Fidel video (with music!)
- The Iraq War survey is partisan nonsense!
- Who pays taxes in the US?
- We like an honest press. This is why we don't lik...
- The New York Times and Pres. Carter's article, par...
- So long Bevo (Only Texans will understand this one...
- The Hispanic vote
- The Democrats and North Korea
- Pres. Carter's horrible memory
- The NY Times: 650,000 dead in Iraq but the margin ...
- "La primavera de Cuba" newspaper
- A very funny video about North Korea
- Cartoon of the day: The North Korean hair look!
- Well done, Senator McCain!
- Poor Mexico: So close to the US and so far from re...
- Why North Korea's nukes matter?
- Some Democrats see the big picture
- The fence that Mexico wants!
- It's time to kick North Korea out of the UN or mov...
- Quote of the day: Not with my daughter!
- My money is on Barry Zito and the A's
- How many more "blows" can the Clinton legacy take?...
- A nice tribute to Bush-41
- North Korea gives the world the finger!
- ▼ October (141)
- ► 2005 (393)