Monday, September 25, 2006
Hugo Chavez is hurting Venezuela not the US
(This cartoon is from Babalu)
If you don't speak Spanish, see this:
Chavez: "You are a devil, you smell like sulfur, you are a drunk, you are the demon, you are genocidal Mr. Devil, you are a Dictator, you are an assasin Mr. Devil, you are..."
Bush: "Yeah!Yeah!, everything you say, filler up boy!"
At the UN, Chavez was a loudmouth punk who took cheap shots at Pres. Bush and the UN itself.
Back home, Chavez is not doing so well.
The Washington Post has an outstanding editorial today: Hurricane Chávez
It confirms what many of us have been saying. Chavez is hurting Venezuela rather than Pres. Bush or the US. Check out some key points:
"Since Mr. Chávez took power seven years ago, Venezuela has mismanaged its oil so disastrously that production may have fallen by almost half, according to the estimates of outsiders, reducing global oil supply by a bit more than 1 percent.
He inherited a competent national oil company that produced three times more per worker than its Mexican counterpart. He immediately starved it of investment capital and dispatched ignorant political cronies to oversee it. When this abuse provoked a strike, Mr. Chávez fired the staff en masse, getting rid of two-thirds of the skilled employees and managers.
Mr. Chávez imagines that he can damage the United States by rerouting Venezuelan oil to other markets.
He fails to understand that oil is fungible: If Venezuela's crude is sold to the Chinese, the Chinese will buy less of it elsewhere, freeing up supplies for U.S. consumers.
But Mr. Chávez also appears oblivious to the technical difficulties in sending oil halfway round the world rather than selling it in his own hemisphere.
Oil tankers do not come cheap, and China will have to build special refineries to process the heavy brand of crude that Venezuela produces."
Beyond economic mismanagement, what we are witnessing in Venezuela is a madman using undemocratic means to stay in power:
"Yet it is not the United States but rather Mr. Chávez's own countrymen who should most fear his intentions. Venezuela's courts, media organizations and civil society groups have been bullied into submission, and Mr. Chávez is talking about a constitutional change that would allow him to remain in power indefinitely."
Let's hope that Venezuelans can rid themselves of this lunatic named Hugo before it is too late.
P.S. Pay attention Mexico. You have your own little Hugo living in some tent. His name is LO and he speaks with a different accent. Yet, they are both leftist charlatans. As they say in Texas, these two are up to no good!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 5:45 PM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- Why are so many legal immigrants opposed to open b...
- Pres. Bush wins a big one in Congress
- The German opera is the latest chapter (and there ...
- TO and his PR lady should apologize to the Dallas ...
- What Hugo wants!
- Why should Mexico care about a fence?
- It's a whole new ballgame and The NY Times does no...
- The American left feeds the hate America industry
- The attacks on Jews!
- Do people seriously think that Clinton planned thi...
- Texas contrasts: A real hero in Houston, a first ...
- The Iraq War critics who do not offer any solution...
- The irresponsible New York Times
- Are Democrats born this way?
- Why are mothers angry with Senator McCain?
- 7-11 sticks it to Hugo!
- Finally, a Mexican official who makes sense on ill...
- Everything is wonderful in Cuba.....really?
- The Mexican baby invasion
- Finally, the NIE report
- Blame it on FOX News and avoid dealing with the tr...
- The New York Times should stop running stories tha...
- A Latin American perspective on Hugo Chavez
- How does Monica feel about this interview?
- Clinton's terrible (or selective) memory
- What did we learn about Pres. Clinton's character?...
- Cartoon of the day: The UN is a first rate joke
- Hugo Chavez is hurting Venezuela not the US
- Is Osama dead? Check the 9 reasons that Osama may ...
- They'd be selling insurance if we had not invaded ...
- Bush-hate is killing the Democrat Party
- More Clinton on FOX
- What a pathetic performance: Bill Clinton on FOX N...
- Let's get out of the UN
- America Alone: A new book by Mark Steyn
- A good word about the US soldier
- Can I go to Caracas and say all of this about Chav...
- It's been a horrible week for Popeye and spinach l...
- Chavez and the American left
- The Chavez backlash: Why are Democrats lining up ...
- Novak sees 1938 all over again!
- What else did The Pope say?
- Hugo, a category 5 headcase!
- What's going on in Cuba?
- Thanks Hugo! Thanks for making Bush's point!
- Is Hugo Chavez out of control?
- We need the female perspective on Iran
- The Pope's remarks
- Cuba is a mess!
- I do feel sorry for mothers this week!
- The Path to 9-11, a week later!
- Down in Mexico, LO and his "parallels" drag on!
- Rosie is idiot # 1
- Your dog, the marriage counselor
- Let me recommend this post!
- We are at war, whether you like it or not!
- Republicans will hold House and Senate
- The Democrats are the distraction
- Why is "good news" bad for the doom and gloom part...
- On this one, McCain is wrong!
- The upcoming Goldwater documentary on HBO
- What's next with Iran?
- LO's expensive sidewalk show
- Stephen Johnson has a word about Mexico's LO
- Are Democrats serious about their war on Wal Mart?...
- Why are gas prices going down?
- Tony Blair is the only one telling the truth over ...
- A note about Anne Richards
- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is right about this!
- El Grito will be a little different this year!
- What rights does a terrorist have?
- Does your wife need another reason to buy shoes?
- What are Canadians saying in this poll?
- The Path to 9-11 movie, part 2
- So everybody hates the US......
- How sick (and out of touch) is the American left?
- How is this war going?
- Pres. Bush speaks to the nation
- George from Matanzas died on 9-11
- Sorry Mexico, CDS is in full bloom!
- Remember the innocent people killed on September 1...
- The Path to 9-11 movie, part one
- Are we safer today?
- Al Qaeda is in Iraq!
- Why do you want the US to fail in Iraq?
- The lonely boy at the tent?
- The 9-11 report proves Clinton wrong!
- How can a movie drive these people to such hysteri...
- Mitt Romney is great!
- Let's get serious about terrorists!
- The new Fidel-Hugo video
- Why is Pres. Clinton so angry over a movie?
- A woman's wisdom
- Another bad morning for the doom and gloom crowd!
- Bring it on Pres. Bush! You have a winning hand!
- Memo to husbands: Do not shoot your wife's favori...
- It's time for a little cleaning up in Mexico!
- More on the upcoming ABC Sept 11th movie!
- Will anyone apologize over the Joe Wilson matter?
- No more marches, por favor!
- The latest on Pinocchio's nose!
- Who died in Mexico?
- Sorry Mexico: You ain't seen nothing yet!
- The ABC 9-11 TV series
- Let me make your day: Janet Jackson endorses Hill...
- Memo to Mexicans: Don't let your leaders go Frenc...
- We'd like to give you more good news about the US ...
- Happy Labor Day: We have a good economy unless you...
- Some Labor Day hypocrisy from the Democrats
- Why is the media so slanted on Iraq War coverage?
- Adios, Richard Egues
- Labor Day Special: Do we want this couple back in...
- Democrats have lost the religious voter!
- Question: Who is going to defend Mexico?
- "Remesas" up 23%
- El Chevrolet Cubano (The Cuban Chevrolet)
- Rush is right: This is beyond sick!
- So long, Joe Wilson!
- Another bad Friday for the "doom and gloom" crowd
- The Wal-Mart nonsense
- ▼ September (120)
- ► 2005 (400)