Monday, May 08, 2006
The movement: One week later
A week ago, we had a march. A week later, we can say this:
1) There was zero economic impact. How can you impact an economy with a US$ 15 trillion GDP, a 4.7% unemployment rate and growing at almost 5% annually.
2) There was a political impact and it was negative. Can anyone find a poll that contradicts my conclusion?
Where do we go from here?
This movement needs a new voice and totally different message. Otherwise, the November elections will deliver a very unpleasant result. As of today, candidates who want border security and to curtail immigration are running ahead of those calling for amnesty.
The latest Zogby Poll confirms that. Read it! (http://www.cis.org/articles/2006/2006poll.html)
What can this movement do?
First, it should speak English. Why are so many speeches in Spanish? How are they going to win public support doing that?
Second, there are still too many foreign flags. This movement should make a public statement that foreign flags are not welcomed. Besides, what's the point of a foreign flag anyway? Why is someone bringing a foreign flag to these rallies? What point are they making?
Third, the movement leaders should make a public disconnect from ANSWER and other left wing organizations. Why did ANSWER organize the LA march and others? What is the point of having ANSWER in this movement anyway?
Last but not least, the movement leaders need to say publicly that the US has the right to protect its borders. "Open borders" is not a policy. It is a prescription for disaster. You can not have a country without borders.
Will the movement heed my advice? I hope so! Otherwise, they won't enjoy what happens on the first Tuesday of November!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:19 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- Well done Rangers!
- Andy Garcia's "The lost city"
- Build a fence around Senator Durbin
- Memorial Day 2006
- So Barry hits # 715th
- Pray for a landslide in Mexico
- Kyle Drabek, future Major League pitcher!
- Let's check the baseball standings
- See you later, Carlos
- We will have an immigration bill by Labor Day
- My vote: The greatest play in baseball history
- No mothers, no countries
- Lloyd Bentsen was a good man
- The inmature children of the left
- So happy to be wrong
- I love Avery Johnson but......
- Clinton will say anything but I expect better from...
- Great article about Katrina
- The 22-21 Rangers complete a very tough road trip
- Barry hits 714th!
- Hayden up, USA Today down
- Dear Mr. Derbez
- Pres. Bush, the tax cutter
- Cuba on a Human Rights Commission?
- Good Snow
- Yankees 14, Rangers 13
- Now it's Mexico's turn
- A quick reaction to the President's speech
- How are these teams going to sell tickets?
- Smile: We can win in November
- What a silly poll from CNN
- Happy Mothers' Day
- What would Truman say?
- Warfare changed on 9-11
- Fidel and his millions of dollars
- It's immigration, Mr. President
- The end of 7th heaven
- The movement: One week later
- Let's cheer for the black GOP
- No ARod bashing here!
- The 17-12 Rangers
- Galbraith and Rukeyser
- Good news on the economy, bad news on Iran
- We have witnessed political suicide!
- Silly Washington
- ▼ May (45)
- ► 2005 (400)