Friday, May 05, 2006
The 17-12 Rangers
OK. It's only May 5th but the Rangers are in first place at 17-12. What I love is that the starting pitching has been impressive during the 6 game winning streak.
OK. The Rangers swept Tampa Bay and Baltimore, two of the weak AL sisters. Yet, this is what you have to do to win. You beat up the weaker teams and then split with the big teams.
The Rangers have a big test coming up. They play the NY Yankees at home, then move on to Boston and New York.
Texas has built up a little cushion at 17-12. They can go 4-5 or 5-4 against NY and Boston and still sit pretty in the AL West.
Speaking of firsts, Millwood pitched a complete game with 100 pitches last night. You don't see a lot of those anymore.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:13 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- Well done Rangers!
- Andy Garcia's "The lost city"
- Build a fence around Senator Durbin
- Memorial Day 2006
- So Barry hits # 715th
- Pray for a landslide in Mexico
- Kyle Drabek, future Major League pitcher!
- Let's check the baseball standings
- See you later, Carlos
- We will have an immigration bill by Labor Day
- My vote: The greatest play in baseball history
- No mothers, no countries
- Lloyd Bentsen was a good man
- The inmature children of the left
- So happy to be wrong
- I love Avery Johnson but......
- Clinton will say anything but I expect better from...
- Great article about Katrina
- The 22-21 Rangers complete a very tough road trip
- Barry hits 714th!
- Hayden up, USA Today down
- Dear Mr. Derbez
- Pres. Bush, the tax cutter
- Cuba on a Human Rights Commission?
- Good Snow
- Yankees 14, Rangers 13
- Now it's Mexico's turn
- A quick reaction to the President's speech
- How are these teams going to sell tickets?
- Smile: We can win in November
- What a silly poll from CNN
- Happy Mothers' Day
- What would Truman say?
- Warfare changed on 9-11
- Fidel and his millions of dollars
- It's immigration, Mr. President
- The end of 7th heaven
- The movement: One week later
- Let's cheer for the black GOP
- No ARod bashing here!
- The 17-12 Rangers
- Galbraith and Rukeyser
- Good news on the economy, bad news on Iran
- We have witnessed political suicide!
- Silly Washington
- ▼ May (45)
- ► 2005 (400)